Our top 10 fave book quotes of all time
There's nothing the GL team loves more than reading (well, except for maybe writing!). We rounded up our top ten favorite book quotes—prepare to be inspired!
1. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl, The Twits
2. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
3. “There’s only one rule you need to remember: laugh at everything and forget everyone else! It sounds egotistical, but it’s actually the only cure for those suffering from self-pity.” Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank
4. “There is love enough in this world for everybody, if people will just look.” Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle
5. “You still have a lot of time to make yourself be what you want.” S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
6. So, this is my life. And I am both happy and sad, and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
7. “It’s not the face, but the expressions on it. It’s not the voice, but what you say. It’s not how you look in that body, but the thing you do with it. You are beautiful." Stephanie Meyer, The Host
8. “So, be sure where you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a great balancing act! And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
9. “Fairy tales are more than true: Not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” Neil Gaiman, Coraline
10. “I don’t know what lies around the bend, but I’m going to believe the best does.” L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
What's your favorite book quote? Share it in the comments below!
POSTED IN LIFEjump to comments