Cozy Couch Reads: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
2008 National Book Award Finalist!
Frankie Landau-Banks at age 14…Debate Club.
Her father's "bunny rabbit."
A mildly-geeky girl attending a highly-competitive boarding school.
Frankie Landau-Banks at age 15…
A knockout figure.
A sharp tongue.
A chip on her shoulder.
And a gorgeous new senior boyfriend—the supremely goofy, word-obsessed Matthew Livingston.
No longer the kind of girl to take "no" for an answer.
Especially when "no" means she's excluded from her boyfriend's all-male secret society.
Not when her ex-boyfriend shows up in the strangest of places.
Not when she knows she's smarter than any of them.
When she knows Matthew's lying to her.
And when there are so many, many pranks to be done.
Frankie Landau-Banks, at age 16:
Possibly a criminal mastermind.
This is the story of how she got that way.
1. Did you ever witness any great pranks in your high school?
2. What do you think motivated Frankie to take on the Bassets?
3. How do you feel about Frankie’s decision to lie to her boyfriend Matthew in carrying out her plan against the Bassets? Do you think she crossed the line in her relationship?
4. What did you think about Frankie’s interactions with Porter throughout the book? Do you think there was an attraction between the two of them?
5. Frankie has a very confident and mature attitude in the final scene of the book. What do you think this says about her as a character?
Want more? CLICK HERE