9 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

12 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

13 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

GIRL TALK: From Shy To Social!

Ok, so here is the problem. I'm really quiet and I want to be more outgoing. I see these girls who are so talkative...

thanks, robin!

by mads on 4/21/2007 2:37:02 PM

I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv sailing it's SO awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:21:18 PM

***jiae***

did you get my really long question?

I just answered it.

xoxo, Robin H.

by mads on 4/21/2007 2:19:51 PM

is anyone on?

by mads on 4/21/2007 2:18:58 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I have A major prob I need someone to talk to!!!!!!! Someone please anwser!!!!

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:12:43 PM

Is anyone on???????

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:05:47 PM

Thanx I am random. :grin:

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:03:02 PM

lol, hayden, random about the sailing! i like sailing too!

by mads on 4/21/2007 12:50:47 PM

I luv sailing except it sometimes messes up ur hair!

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 12:39:07 PM

Pinky~

I am a very (VERY!) outgoing chickie, soo maybe I can shed some light on this sitch. See, I've seen sooo many shy girls come out of their shell. One year I didn't even notice them, the next they are all out there.

I have to say, my craziness isn't always quite... pleasing... to my bffs. In fact they usually tell me to use my "inside voice" because I bug them so much. But, uh, yea, this isn't about me, let's not focus on that for now...

You may be feeling trapped with the people you already know. So you need to meet some new people - then you can change into a bright, lovable, friendly girl. So definitely go an join some clubs! Even if they don't seem so rockin' awesome to you at first glance, the first step of being outgoing and talkative is trying something new, so try something you wouldn't ordinarily go for - wheel throwing, volleyball, newspaper, anything. Meet the girls on that team and start out loud and happy. Everyone loves an optimistic chick!

As for that Spanish cutie, seems to me that he has a thing for you just the way you are. So don't go all extreme on him - no need to be louder than a fire engine! Just, like Jiae said, ask about his weekend or something you know he likes to do. Make short jokes, and be a little more flirty. If you're REALLY feeling brave enough (I haven't gotten to this stage yet...) say "Hey, wanna go after school to that smoothie place and hang out?" Make it sound casual. You can't go wrong with that!

Good luck!