11 HOURS AGO RT @jacquieleemusic: ahhhh @girlslifemag obsessing over #BrokenOnesEP? i'm obsessing over YOU! 😍 thank you! so happy you like the EP. httphttp://t.co/K5tL6n6slm

11 HOURS AGO BOYS: this is whatcha do if you wanna become bae: http://t.co/0xfEpYILwF

14 HOURS AGO Strut #Elsa's beauty look for Halloween: http://t.co/p22Et0darw #Frozen

COMMENTS

GIRL TALK: From Shy To Social!

Ok, so here is the problem. I'm really quiet and I want to be more outgoing. I see these girls who are so talkative...

O.K. What is up with this????? In every month's contest no one from Maine ever wins and it's getting annoying!!

by Aliana on 4/29/2007 3:30:46 PM

YEY!!! I found my contacts but I still have to wear my glasses because my dog ATE one of my contacts!!!!!! I still love my dogs though.

by Hayden on 4/24/2007 6:05:58 PM

Work on it! If you were thinking of telling that guy that his freethrow was great, go ahead. What's the worst that could happen?
Smiles and Cheers :grin:

by Kelsey on 4/23/2007 7:13:41 PM

Ahhh, everyone says I'm shy, but I've come a long way since elementary school, and I talk a lot more now :smile:

by Maria on 4/22/2007 9:35:44 PM

hey its pinky does anyone have any more advice 4 me?

by pinky on 4/22/2007 4:40:15 PM

Grrrr I lost my contacts so I have to wear my glasses!

by Hayden on 4/22/2007 10:04:07 AM

mads,

I had a friend just like that. I did exactly wat ppl r telling u to do right now and she got the hint and now she leaves me alone. Good luck

xoxoxo
Ali

by Ali on 4/22/2007 10:00:13 AM

Thanks guys, I guess I am goin for the lips lol. Wish me luck!

xoxoxo
Ali

by Ali on 4/22/2007 9:54:26 AM

Okay Guys and Moderator I Need Your Advice:

Okay, so there's this 8th grader named connor (I'm in 7th grade) and he's 14 and soo cute! We flirt a lot and i think he likes me, or atleast thinks i'm cute. Since our 7th grade has 12 and 13 year olds, and the eighth grade has 13/14 year olds, it might b normal 4 a 13 year old 7th grader to go out with a 13 or 14 year old 8th grade but not normal 4 a 12 yr old 7th grader 2 go out with a 14 yr old 8th grader. Once after we were flirting connor asked me my age and birthday. Do you think he asked to see if i would b old enough 2 go out with him?

Well I don't see why it's abnormal to go out with some who is not in your grade?? Afterall, you guys are only ONE grade apart. I think it's perfectly okay, but that's just me. As for him asking about your age and bday, I think that's b/c he wanted to know your age and bday. I don't think there was anything more to it. But then again, I wasn't there so who's to say I'm right. -Hugs, Jiae

by CONFUSED on 4/21/2007 11:04:03 PM

I think it should be on the lips because it shows more affection.:grin:

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 10:25:34 PM

Actually that is a good idea cause he knows, so he might make the first move. Thanks i didn't even think of that. But even if i did have to make the first move, should it be lips or cheek?

by Ali on 4/21/2007 9:22:30 PM

Can some1 tell me if I should kiss my bf for the first time on the cheek or the lips?

by Ali on 4/21/2007 8:59:26 PM

any1 there?

by Ali on 4/21/2007 8:44:39 PM

Please some1! This is the most important thing happening to me at the moment and I need advice!

by Ali on 4/21/2007 8:35:10 PM

Hi ppl sorry my computer froze after I typed that last message and I think what Robin said about your "friend" mads was right just show her your not interested in being her friend but dont say that to her face just drop hints and hopefully she'll get the picture.I hope I was some help mads. xoxoxox Hayden

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 8:13:30 PM

OMG! I am going to kiss my bf for the first time on Monday! It is both of our first kiss so should it be on the lips or the cheek???

by Ali on 4/21/2007 8:07:59 PM

hey CSI LUVR! you can give me advice on what to do about the really long message above. Like really long...you can't miss it! any advice or response is MAJORLY appreciated!

by mads on 4/21/2007 7:58:18 PM

hey, hayden. Im here! wanna respond/give me advice to my really long question? it would be much appreciated! also i can help you w/ ur prob that you were talking about!

by mads on 4/21/2007 5:16:31 PM

Is anyone on??????

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 3:43:11 PM

Someone talk to me I'm so lonely!

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:48:54 PM

thanks, robin!

by mads on 4/21/2007 2:37:02 PM

I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv sailing it's SO awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:21:18 PM

***jiae***

did you get my really long question?

I just answered it.

xoxo, Robin H.

by mads on 4/21/2007 2:19:51 PM

is anyone on?

by mads on 4/21/2007 2:18:58 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I have A major prob I need someone to talk to!!!!!!! Someone please anwser!!!!

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:12:43 PM

Is anyone on???????

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:05:47 PM

Thanx I am random. :grin:

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 2:03:02 PM

lol, hayden, random about the sailing! i like sailing too!

by mads on 4/21/2007 12:50:47 PM

I luv sailing except it sometimes messes up ur hair!

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 12:39:07 PM

Pinky~

I am a very (VERY!) outgoing chickie, soo maybe I can shed some light on this sitch. See, I've seen sooo many shy girls come out of their shell. One year I didn't even notice them, the next they are all out there.

I have to say, my craziness isn't always quite... pleasing... to my bffs. In fact they usually tell me to use my "inside voice" because I bug them so much. But, uh, yea, this isn't about me, let's not focus on that for now...

You may be feeling trapped with the people you already know. So you need to meet some new people - then you can change into a bright, lovable, friendly girl. So definitely go an join some clubs! Even if they don't seem so rockin' awesome to you at first glance, the first step of being outgoing and talkative is trying something new, so try something you wouldn't ordinarily go for - wheel throwing, volleyball, newspaper, anything. Meet the girls on that team and start out loud and happy. Everyone loves an optimistic chick!

As for that Spanish cutie, seems to me that he has a thing for you just the way you are. So don't go all extreme on him - no need to be louder than a fire engine! Just, like Jiae said, ask about his weekend or something you know he likes to do. Make short jokes, and be a little more flirty. If you're REALLY feeling brave enough (I haven't gotten to this stage yet...) say "Hey, wanna go after school to that smoothie place and hang out?" Make it sound casual. You can't go wrong with that!

Good luck!

by refrigeratedrubberbands on 4/21/2007 12:14:07 PM

Is anyone on?

by Hayden on 4/21/2007 12:06:15 PM

Also, here's some more advice: When he's around, start talking about something that interests him to one of your friends. Or, ask your friend a question that he knows the answer to and she probably doesn't. Then, he'll probably get into conversation with you and you didn't have to start up the convo yourself! Trust me, I've used this tactic many times. XOXO, *MCH* Laughing

Hey babe, I really love the advice your giving and all, but can we please try to keep things short and sweet. The other comment you posted took a toll on my eyesight. Hehe. Thanks chickabee. -Hugs, Jiae

by *MCH* on 4/21/2007 9:24:17 AM

i bet u he likes u

by rosie on 4/20/2007 10:11:35 PM

this is the 3rd time im trying to write this comment!

here is a good discussion topic for anyone.........

do u think it is wrong for people to say they luv animals, and yet wear Uggs (which by the way r made of sheep SKIN on the outside, so its like wearing a fur coat)

hope this comment doesn't disappear!

by pink_is_sweet_but_green_is_better♥♥♥ on 4/20/2007 9:31:12 PM

jiae
you write such good answers! i wish i had u as a best friend. nesxt i get a big delema i'm comin to u!
Smile

by ali on 4/20/2007 9:11:17 PM

anyone??

by mads on 4/20/2007 8:01:59 PM

***GIRLIES***

hey have you guys ever asked for advice on email?? how long did it take to get a response? i asked jessie and she said it depends. i just want to know like a ballpark range...

by mads on 4/20/2007 7:59:26 PM

like 2 weeks? 3 weeks? a couple days? like whats a ballpark???

by mads on 4/20/2007 7:54:04 PM

************MOD*************

how long would it take you guys to respond to an email for advice???

It depends on how busy we are...

<3 Jessie M.

by mads on 4/20/2007 7:49:29 PM

I have too go u guys [i know, it was short], but I will be on tommorow [i am sleeping over at a friends house] moderator, please answer my question, and i will check tommorow. Thanks! xoxobebebaby

by bebebaby on 4/20/2007 5:38:50 PM

Mod, how do u sign up to get an internship? i am 13, and i want to be one. Thanks! xoxobebebaby

go to www.girllife.com and under "Contact Us" its says intern at Gl. Click there and it will tell you what to do

by bebebaby on 4/20/2007 5:35:34 PM

Hey guys! I am going to see disturbia tonight!

by bebebaby on 4/20/2007 5:33:24 PM

how do you apply to be a intern for gl and could you do it at 14?
oh yea and if you can what do you do?

check it out on the websiteSmile

by baby girl on 4/20/2007 5:19:26 PM

I used to be really shy, until my friends helped me be more outgoing. I even like this boy who i want to just start talking to more.(we are good friends though)

by showstopper on 4/20/2007 4:43:59 PM

Thank you so much for the advice Jana. You've really helped. You moderators always make me feel better!

No problem Gabby-- I come from a gigantic family, its hard to stay on the same page with all your sibs

by Gabby(a.k.a half blonde) on 4/20/2007 3:18:59 PM

Hey Jana I know it wasn't accidental because she told me. I told her it upset me but she thought I was lying just so I could get attention from my parents. We've been mistreated by our brothers so bad and I try to tell my parents how i feel but my parents let her be inconciderate to me because she's the baby. I tried telling my mom how bad I felt but she grabbed my wrists really hard and almost broke them. How can I get though to my parents and my sis that I'm not just trying to get attention?

Hey Gabby-- it sounds like your parents arent being very open towards you and your feelings. I would keep reassuring her that you want to hang with her. You can do this by continually asking her to join you. Eventually she will get the hint

by Gabby(a.k.a half blonde) on 4/20/2007 3:12:08 PM

Moderator I need help. For the past few days people have been so inconsiderate of me. These 2 girls in my Fench class use me just so they can pass the class,my bus got me home late and I told them I couldn't be late so I could get to my vocal lessons. Well I got home late. Today my sister and I were planning to go to the movies this weekend. Well she told her friends that she would go to the movies with them knowing we were supposted to go. She always puts her friends before me! Shouldn't I come before her friends? How can I stop getting stepped on? I'm ready to cry!

Hey Gabby---- two of your problems can be fixed, one cannot. The bus driver isnt on your schedule, it runs the way it runs and cannot fix itself because you have someplace to be....its a total BUMMER. As for french, you are obviously super smart in your class, but dont let these girls mooch off of your brains. It isnt fair that they should benefit off of your hard work. Its hard to say no to people, but in this case you HAVE to, otherwise they are going to keep using you. And for your sister, its not cool that she blew you off, are you sure it wasnt just an accident. If she purposely made plans with her buds over you, then tell her it upsets you. She obviously doesnt know how valuable a sister is, I wish my sister had made an effort to hang out with me.

by Gabby(a.k.a half blonde) on 4/20/2007 2:52:28 PM

I'm an outgoing person. So the way to be outgoing is to join some clubs and make some new friends.

by Gabby(a.k.a half blonde) on 4/20/2007 2:45:10 PM

hey moderator one of the other mods told me my weight question would be put on the main blog. but its been like 3 weeks....?

Hey Meg-- We have ALOT of girltalks. I am sure it will get up there eventually. Hang in there ;)

by megmegxox on 4/20/2007 2:39:19 PM

Pinky--don't be afraid to be the real you! Just talk to people you know to get used to being social, and then you'll be ready to talk to your crush. Trust me... *MCH*

by *MCH* on 4/20/2007 9:04:56 AM

First comment! Well, probably not, but it's worth a shot!!

by *MCH* on 4/20/2007 9:02:53 AM