3 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

6 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

6 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

LISTEN UP: Love Is Respect

Sometimes love may hurt, but it should never be abusive. While people across the world will celebrate love next month on Valentine’s Day, February...

Say your crush's name 5x. (FULL NAME!)
2. Say your full name.

* *

WISH! WISH! WISH!!!

* *

* * *

* * * *

* * * * *

Now copy and paste this to the next 5 articles you read and your wish will come true in 5 days!

by Sam Cool1038 on 3/20/2012 1:38:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! please help me.
i want to tell my parents that i'm bisexual, but i don't know how to tell them and i'm also scared about how they might react. they're not the most accepting people in the world, but i think they should know this about me. my parents are divorced and i live with my dad and step mom. i don't know who i should tell first or how to tell them. please help me.

While we encourage an open
environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment
offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this
subject and talk to a trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and
thanks!
, Your Blog Patrol Babes
lizzie n.

by XxRaNdOmLyXmExX on 3/12/2010 4:40:15 PM

mod mod mod mod
this boy in my school , lets call him tom, has been creeping up on me and my friends. he tries to touch us sometimes, and many many other girls. we are scared. we tell on him and that doesn't stop him. he especcially harasses my friend and she has told on him so many times. yesterday he was finally arrested for threatening to kill someones bf who he was stalking and have drugs and a knife in his locker. we all felt safe... until that night we found out he had been in the school doing somehing and was arrested again, and we all feel really scared. anything we can do?

by twee teen on 2/20/2010 2:01:23 PM

Hmmmm...can't say I relate to this since I've never came close to holding hands with a guy...

♀♥♀I§abella♥♀♥

by CutieWithGlasses on 2/19/2010 4:52:10 PM

mod.. i know this doesnt have anything to do with the article but i didnt really know were it would fit... i have this weird phobia of talking on the phone. i mean if i have to call someone i get, like, anxiety attacks. my muscles even start to ache and i get all sweaty and dizzy, not to mention how sick my stomach gets... but i can text with no problem... i have to start fundraising over the phone for school and i need some tips as to how i can get over my fear

hey girl i think i answered this already-- write some ntoes down to always have in front of you like questions to ask and topics to talk about. also have your introduction written out so you can read it instead of awkardly trying to start the convo!

Hallie R.

by xoxlovethebeatlesoxo on 2/16/2010 3:26:14 PM

~~~~~~~~MOD~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so this is kind of a touchy subject, so it could take some time. I've had bright red hair since the day I was born. Like really really BRIGHT. Anyways, when I was little all the old ladies in the grocery store always wanted to touch it and told how beautiful it was and about their great grand niece or whatever that had red hair...you get the point. So, I grew up thinking red hair was perfectly acceptable in today's society. Well, turns out I was WRONG. I'm in seventh grade now, and everyone calls me "ginger". Apparently this means a "person with no soul". Today I was told my one of the eighth graders that "I'm going to get kicked in high school". When I got home I Googled a few things and found out that "gingerism" as Wikipedia calls it, is considered by some to be the last acceptable form of racism. In 2003, a 19 year old boy in the UK was stabbed in the back and killed because he had red hair. Numerous hate crimes have been reported all around the world especially in Europe, but it is not considered by many people to be "real prejudice" because it is simply hair color, not skin color, race, or gender. I believe this is a form of prejudice, but I'm really scared about high school. Now that I think about it, I'm afraid I will get bullied a lot just because of my hair color. I get straight A's, am actually not ugly (in my boyfriend's opinion...lol) and I play guitar and have been in my school choir for 4 semesters. I guess I have a lot going for me and I think I'm a pretty decent person but as soon as I started to read all the horrible nicknames people get called such as "Period head", "Carrot top" and "Ketchup head" (the latter two being ones I have already experienced along with "Strawberry shortcake and "Fire head") I started crying. Am I ever going to be able to accomplish anything due to my hair color? Am I going to resort to dying it later in life? My friends, parents, and family say it's pretty, and I personally don't mind it. But I'm sick of guys and people that aren't my friends thinking I'm ugly just because I'm part of the less than 1% of the human race that has red hair. Please mod, do you have any advice on how to deal with the prejudice, discrimination, and the bullying, especially once I get to high school? I'm really scared!

Hey babe, Your hair is part of what makes you unique! It's a bummer that not everyone appreciates it, but all the people who matter the most (your family, friends, boyfriend...) all see how great it is. A lot of the redhead discrimination comes from an episode of South Park, so I think that once it's been awhile people will get over it. Think of all the great, famous redheaded women in history: actresses like Julianne Moore and Christina Hendricks even royalty like Queen Elizabeth! Plus a lot of women CHOOSE to dye their hair red. My best friend is a redhead with freckles and I'm super jealous. Anyone who makes fun of you isn't worth your time anyway. If you ever get teased, just remind yourself that their opinion doesn't matter - YOURS is the only opinion that does. Be proud of who you are!

xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by taylorswift on 2/11/2010 7:14:07 PM

MOD
THANKS! its just been terrible....its NOT like i wanna TALK abt my dads cancer! what a plesant convo!

by dancergirl2232 on 2/9/2010 5:00:34 PM

MODD uhm my dad has cancer... melenoma... and people are ALWAYS bugging me abt it! They always say "im so sorry for your loss or something" and im like uuuuh hes FINE! hes not dead! and they go its gonna be ok he is in a better place! im like HE IS NOT DEAD! and they go oh ok... is he ok? im like he just has cancer and then they make me talk abt it and i start to cry how can i get them to SHUT UUP!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS LINDSEY

Hey girl! that's really tough. Wherever they heard the news, it must have been a little off. Soon the word will spread that your dad is still fine and they will stop asking. Talk to your dad about how he is feeling, that way you will feel stronger when they ask you about it. Think of some standard answers to give like "He is fine, he has ___, he is getting treatment. Thanks for asking, but I would rather not talk about it. You can pray for him if you'd like."

Hallie R.

by dancergirl2232 on 2/9/2010 3:32:29 PM

okay thanks!

by dancera16 on 2/2/2010 7:53:19 PM

MOD
so i have a problem. there's this guy i met this year that i sat next to in one of my 1st semester classes. he's one of the star basketball/football players at my school. he's nice when he wants to be but he says sexually stuff to me. oh and we sat in the back corner of the room and whenever i wore skirts he would try to 'feel me'! and now like whenever i talk to him he always brings up tht he wants to have sex with me or do some other "stuff"! i don't know what to do!! help!

Hey Girl! Make sure that you remain in control with this boy, you don't want to do anything that you'll regret later on. Try setting some boundaries with him before you get to know him better and be clear when you're talking to him. It doesn't matter how popular he is, don't let him make you feel uncomfortable. Good luck! xo Lizzie
lizzie n.