9 HOURS AGO Oh no! Some of our fav couples split this week! Find out who: http://t.co/9VE5tNEShu

13 HOURS AGO August week 4 giveaways! Do you see your name? http://t.co/SudLdgIsd5

14 HOURS AGO What you really should know about braces: http://t.co/GgkBW8UVK1

COMMENTS

I want to be popular

It seems the only way to be popular is to be someone else, but when I try to be someone else, that someone is usually...

All the girls who are "popular" at my school either wear crummy makeup or stuff their bras. Girls at my school can be such whores. And sluts. They get the wrong kind of attention. I'm just I do t know. I feel so um awkward at school.

by Lanilulu on 3/1/2012 10:44:34 PM

How do I write into dear carol? I need serious help NOW. I don't know who else I can talk to.

by BritishBabe on 11/16/2011 9:09:51 PM

I can't seem to find anybody at my school who like the same thngs as me. I did that but they were being complete jerks so I'm trying to find new friends. When I try to find the opposite, they turned out to be slackers and very anoying. And I am not that judgemental. Help!!!!!!

by 16jungmann on 9/18/2010 3:37:59 PM

ive always wanted to b popular but all the grls at my school that r popular r either on the prodigy cheer team or they live in Rock Creek the most expensive houseis in the school area. im goin to try out for prodigy cuz i do tumble so i hope it goes well. Smile

by i<3me123 on 8/18/2010 2:35:34 PM

MODMODMODMOD!
I'm going into grade 8 this year and i've decided that i want to try to be more outgoing. I am really happy with who i am and i get told im a nice positive person. But sometimes around newer people (even if they are my friends but not super close) i get shy and quiet. I really am a loud crazy person like my confident and not so shy BFF. I want to be able to show that side of me in front of those people. I try to tell myself to just got out on a limb take a risk but sometimes it fails. Do you have any suggestions on how i could improve that?

Hey girl, I think you just have to do it. I did the same thing in 8th grade and I found just pushing myself and making a challenge to talk to at least five new people a day really helped.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lili545 on 8/16/2010 10:19:11 PM

dont worry i had the same prob just be yourself and kind sure enough someone's gonna join ya
P.S have confidence ;)

by ary010 on 8/13/2010 10:50:51 PM

all you have to do to be popular is:

1. be nice to the ppl around u

2. be honest

3. be there for ppl

4. listen

and most importantly...

5. BE URSELF!!!!

by crzyk429 on 8/10/2010 12:42:49 PM

For those of you who want to be popular, (this is a quote from The Genie from Disney's Aladdin) Bee yourself. Being popular is not all it's cracked up to be. There's always this huge pressure to do things that are bad or mean because if you don't you won't be "cool" anymore. take it from a girl who knows: it's much better to be in the middle of the food chain. Having trouble making friends because of your "status"? Don't worry. Sign up for something that sounds fun or a after school activity you enjoy. Chances are that you'll meet a new BFF there. Hope this helps!

by nyoung on 8/8/2010 4:44:06 PM

Ok well there's these really pretty girls at acting and they all have beautiful long black hair, and I have curly brown hair and I'm shorter than all of them. I guess you could call them "the popular girls" and I'm not one of them. I want to be but I guess I'm not "cool enough". Sometimes they can be very bossy and even to me and if I'm one of them they won't bother me. I do hang out with girls who are younger than me. I love them but I also want to hang out with the other girls! I don't know what to do! I want to still be friends with my old girls but I want to hang with the other girls! I've even put on more make-up to see if it would make me look prettier! I know that's not a good thing to do. I'm 13 and most of the other girls are 15 or 16. But there is another 13 year old and she's one of them! What do I do? I love my old girls too!

hey! Just relax. hanging out with new girls just to fit in won't make you happy. You know what will? being with your real friends. Just don't let them boss you  around. Good luck!
Helen S.

by kikidee12 on 8/6/2010 1:00:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD Sorry I posted it to soon. Anyways I was saying that if I become one of them maybe they'll stop picking on me! Anyways what should I do? Is there anything wrong with me?

Hey girl, I'm sorry, I couldn't find your original question.  Could you explain the sitch again?  I'd love to help!

Marie H.