1 HOURS AGO 7 no-so-scary scary movies: http://t.co/v7p5cuxrXP

2 HOURS AGO Is your cereal causing you to have a bad day? http://t.co/qBXmfHfn4h

3 HOURS AGO Haute 'n' haunted #HalloweenNails: http://t.co/wibxKc4jOc

COMMENTS

I swim a lot--and my hair reeks!

My hair smells awful no matter how much I shampoo. Could it be from my pool’s chlorine?

every day of the summer i swim and every night i wash my hair and that seems to help me so try that it may help u

by LOV E193 on 6/11/2013 9:33:26 PM

*Mod*
I'm on vacation in Florida with my cousin & her family. I don't feel good... Last week I went to the doctor because my throat hurt & the doctor said it was allergies, I think it was sinus drainage because now my chest feels congested. I don't know what to do. I don't go home until Saturday. I told my mom & she said to take sudafed and get mucinex. I am taking sudafed but I don't think it's working. What should I do? Thanks

Hey Girlzrock123, have you tried mucinex? Call your mom back and ask her what else she'd suggest. She knows your bod well and will be able to give you the best suggestions. You could even call the doctor back. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Girlzrock123 on 6/4/2013 5:33:06 PM

I don't wear a swim cap. I just wash my hair in Aveeno All Natural shampoo and conditioner. I put on leave-in conditioner after I wash my hair and then just brush it out. That really does the trick. It leaves my hair smelling sweet and feeling awesome.

by Nialler_4_ever on 6/4/2013 2:39:23 PM

I hate how my hair feels when I have been in and around the pool. Now I know its from sucking out my Sebum.

by fashionqn on 6/4/2013 2:15:02 PM

I'm really insecure about my thighs. I hate them. I try not to sit down much because when I do, they look like they spread a mile wide and I hate it! I feel so fat. But the thing is I'm not really fat. I'm just really insecure. And my sister always calls me "Thunder Thighs". I almost wanna cry. I've told my parents about it but the just say that that's what little sisters do. & she isn't too much smaller than me. But i really feel uncomfortable. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey girlie, fake it until you make it. Act like you're confident about your body and soon you'll learn to love your body. You can also try to take up a cardio workout like running or biking to try to tone up your legs.

Lauren T.

by Avery. (: on 6/3/2013 7:14:56 PM

Mod Mod
Okay so I have two things to ask.
1. My friend/neighbour has been relly rude to my 7 year old brother lately. He'll come over to her and say hi, and she'll grab me and run away saying "Bye!" really rudely. She does that a lot. 2. Today one of my teachers told my class that we are not getting anything done in class and that we might all fail the class. So now she's selecting a few people from our class to come down at lunch every day to finish up work. Tomorrow is my day, but I have a talent show audition at lunch! My teacher said there were absolutely no excuses for not going to the lunch thing. What can I do????

Hey girlie, 1. she probably doesn't like that she has to compete with him for your attention. So keep standing up for him, and she should get the idea that she won't get any of your time if she's rude to your brother. 2. If you know exactly what time your audition is then slip out and go to it. Otherwise, your grades are more important. It's unfortunate that you can't do both, but it's better to pass your class than be in a talent show.

Lauren T.

by hermionegirl12 on 6/3/2013 6:04:27 PM

Mod mod mod!
I was wondering how i can slim down my inner thighs. Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie, start with cardio. You can do all of the toning you want, but you'll need the cardio to help get any fat off of your thighs. In addition to your cardio, do squats and lunges to tone your thighs.

Lauren T.

by lovekatniss23 on 6/3/2013 5:14:37 PM

rollercoastertycoon,
all you have to do is click on "Tools", and go down to where it says "Clear Private data", and a box will come up, and then click on "Clear Private Data"
Then your history will all be cleared...
ok?

[[x3]]

by evercole95 on 12/28/2008 7:27:27 PM

I have the same problem! It is so annoying!

by starfish22 on 6/27/2008 12:43:40 AM

i'm a swimmer and i have blonde hair... normally blonde hair will turn green if ur in the chlorine a lot but mine isn't. i'm not sure why but i think maybe its cuz i wear a cap at practice. also my hair doesn't smell cuz i shower right after pracitce i found this awesome suave swim and sport shampoo that i <3 good luck!

by swimbabi94 on 6/23/2008 3:24:16 PM

********************help**************************
Mod. and other chicks,
OK GET THIS so i have scoliosis. which if u don't know, is where your back is very cricked and to improve it you need surgery or wear a back brace. now to fix mine i'll use a brace which will start in 3 months. and i have to SWIM 3 miles every week to get back muscles. i have to go to a back theripist and i have to go to the Ymca to an instuctor who will teach me at home excercises i'll go there 3 visits. and i have to get tons of calcium and vitamin D. because they said after your 35 you can't build your bones with calcuim and vit. D. they said they c women at age 70-80 go in there and they have scoliosis and there backbone collapsed! and i can't let that happen to me! mostly what i need help with is Next Year i'm starting high school and i have p.e which means people will c my brace when i change into gym clothes.and i'm scared.really scared. i don't want people i just met to think i'm a freak or something. any advice please!!!

by girlygirl312 on 6/19/2008 9:53:43 PM

thanks mod! i think its jamie m. she really helped. thx!

by anjelly3195 on 6/15/2008 2:13:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
my friend (lets call her debra) is having a really hard time right now. she got her first kiss thursday. now she has a boyfriend. good right?-until me and all our other friends do not approve of the guy. we all met him friday and hes a complete loser. first of all hes in a gang. i think he even killed a guy to get into the gang. hes not very nice. hes pretty rude actually. and hes goin into the 10th grade-we r goin into the 8th. me and all my friends agree that hes not right for her. debra sees the other side of it. hes sweet and he likes to put his hands around her waist and kiss her neck and all this mushy gushy stuff. hes also trying to move way to fast for her but shes soft-spoken and wont say anything bout it. im really afraid that hes gonna hurt her. she has really been thinking about it and she thinks she made a mistake but shes not gonna do anything to fix it. im trying to help her but its not working. wat should i tell her and/or do for her?

Tell her that you guys don't disapprove of him just because you just don't like him, but because he really doesn't seem like he's a good person and you don't want her to get hurt or involved in anything bad. Tell her that it's perfectly ok to make mistakes as long as she learns from them and moves on. So, it's time to learn from it and move on (break up with him).

<3 Jessie M.

by anjelly3195 on 6/14/2008 10:40:58 PM

what i do is take a shower right after swimming and wash my hair twice.it will stop you from haveing smelly hair.

by Marissa Mary13 on 6/11/2008 6:19:05 PM

what i do is take a shower right after i swim,and wash my hair twice.i heard that chlorine can make your hair smell.

by Marissa Mary13 on 6/11/2008 6:15:48 PM

i am not much of a swimer,but when i do swim i take a shower right afterwards.i heard that it can make your hair smell.that is why i do this.

by Marissa Mary13 on 6/11/2008 6:13:17 PM

another shampoo is BeachBlonde its not just for blondes and it makes your hair really really soft!

by surfgirl17 on 6/11/2008 2:00:32 PM

hey i know how ya feel i'm a competitive swimmer and theres this great shampoo that gets the chlorine out but its really expensive, Garnier works and so does head and shoulders, hope that helps

by surfgirl17 on 6/11/2008 1:44:14 PM

anne_xo
My friends and i describe flirting as 3 things
1. smiling a little bigger
2. laughing a little louder
3. being a little more outgoing

hope this helps

by livannelearn on 6/10/2008 8:33:44 PM

Any 1 having any fun this summer? Make it great!

by Sparklebunny11 on 6/10/2008 7:52:34 PM

MOD!!
I really like my boyfriend and I want to kiss him. How do I?

Hey Girl, there isn't any one way to kiss someone. But I promise, when the moment is right and if it's with the right person, then it will happen naturally. Don't plan it out or rush it too much because then if your plan doesn't work for some reason, you might be disappointed.   ~Callie

by chocoholic=) on 6/10/2008 12:42:19 PM

MOD
My throat is feeling really dry now and I don't know why. Could it be from accidentally sucking up to much pool water this weekend? And if so what would be the best thing to do for my dry throat?

Hey Girl, the chlorine could def be the cause for a dry and scratchy throat. You should stay away from the pool for a few days and drink plenty of water so there's a constant rinse on your throat (something like Gatorade is good if you want a flavor, just make it something healthy that's refreshing). Sucking on candy or cough drops also helps, like Jolly Ranchers or Luden's.  ~Callie

by jesusxfreak2 on 6/10/2008 10:17:27 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

so this guy i really like kissed my friends (lets call them maggie and katie) on the cheek. so i dared him to kiss someone in the classroom who wasn't maggie or katie and he still hasn't do it! but i think that hes gonna kiss me cuz there are no other cute girls in the classroom!

by Little_Lucky_Gal on 6/9/2008 11:09:24 PM

**************mod**************** i started my period today (my like 5th) and i feel soo bloated!I am going to a waterpark on thurs and i don't know how to tell my mom i've used a tampon b 4 ...she's freakin' about me having to possibly wear 1. Do they have Junior Tampons

yes, I know they have teen tampons. Smile L.

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/9/2008 10:27:48 PM

*****MOD*******

i have my sports physical scheduled for this week. what are they going to do to me?? is the dr going to feel my boobs like she did at my seventh grade physical? cuz its rite before my period and they are really really sore and i dont want her to touch them. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by swim_chick_hottie on 6/9/2008 9:35:21 PM

Mod~~~~~~~
im the only 1 of my friends who wear a bra and they make fun of their little sis's cuz they wear one and its umcomfortable. i dont want to say anything becuase they will just laugh. what should i do?

by belive21 on 6/9/2008 9:00:14 PM

MOD

btw i have very small boobs thast y it matters with the little things liek that

by blue sand on 6/9/2008 7:31:17 PM

MOD i kinda sometimes feel like a "fraud" becus if i wear a padded bra my boobs seem bigger and have more shape, and if i wear a sports bra they seem flatter. its not a drastic difference, but with a pad they have more shape and are a lil biggere looking. shud i feel like a fraud?

I think you should embrace your natural size! Smile L.

by blue sand on 6/9/2008 7:30:28 PM

MOD mod i like barly have boobs im a total flat cheast persone and i dont care to much exept that I love wearing bikinis but I look kinda funny cause I dont have boobs what do I do.I look kinda ok its just wierd looking and every one else has boobs.Im also realy short for my age to im the shortest person im my grade almost theres like one guy shorter than me. What to do

hey babes, invest in a bandeau top, girls with big boobs cant wear them and it will make your chest look bigger. As for the guys...if everyone is taller than you then youre good to go Smile xoxo JANA

by scouty on 6/9/2008 3:46:57 PM

aerogirl

if you want to loose a few pounds try to like exercise every day for say about 10-20 minutes, run around your block for 10 minutes, eat healthy, anddo sit ups or crucnhes, (they usually help your belly if thats where you want to loose the pounds)
hope these help,
<3 cwags

by dancer_88 on 6/9/2008 2:53:21 PM

Mod
I have a cramp right now and I think it's a period cramp (I haven't had my first period yet though so I'm not sure) It's like right below my belly-button and a little bit on the sides of my belly-button, does this sound ike a period-cramp or not? Please help me!
<3 dancer_88

Hey Girl,  its hard to say, i mean it could be or you could just have an upset stomach.. ask your doctor. *Cara T*

by dancer_88 on 6/9/2008 2:41:25 PM

************************mod*************************
i have 2 questions...please answer them when you get to them...
1)My crush likes me and we talked on the phone a lot during the school year and he said that he was moving to the same place i was but before me...he said he'd wait for me.he hasn't called me in 2 weeks .do ya think he'll really wait for me?

2)I tried some new sun screen for sensitive skin and it burns really bad!All sunscreens do!now i have some bumps all over my face!could it be from the clean and clear stuff...but i've been using that stuff for like 2 weeks...can a doc. prescribe sun screen?

please help when u can

hey!

1. You should call your crush just to catch up. 2. You should ask a doctor about the sunscreen.I'm not really sure. Smile Laura

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/9/2008 12:20:33 AM

hey mod!
can you please answer my question about if doctors can prescribe sunscreen

hey! I've never heard of that but maybe. Smile Laura

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/9/2008 12:15:17 AM

:::::::::::::::::::MOD:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Can Doctors prescribe special sun screen for very very sensitive skin?Because whenever i put it on (even the kind 4 sensitive skin)it burns so bad!i have a skin condition called eczema.

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/8/2008 8:28:02 PM

********************mod***********************
when you go to like Wal Mart or something can the pharmacists help you find special suntan lotion for very very sensitive skin?or can doctors prescribe it?Every time i put sun screen on it burns really bad because i have like almost permanent eczema.I've tried some sun screen for sensitive skin but it still burns

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/8/2008 4:51:50 PM

im sooooo happy i just got outta skool and i spent that day wit my friend who might move im ready for the best summer ever

by iluvryansheckler on 6/7/2008 3:37:00 PM

*****************MOD***********
Hello! Do you think for the next GL cutie it can be the boys from Narnia?? All girls(well most of them) think that they are cute. So whjy not? I know I already asked if Skandar Keynes can be the next(i hope!) but i forgot what page =/ So what do ya say?

Hey girl, I don't have any control over who's on the cover of the magazine, but I think you have some good ideas! -lauren

by Cookie Monster Eeyore on 6/7/2008 3:04:28 PM

thanx mod!!

hey girl!  youre very welcome!!

--Avery

by beach*babe on 6/6/2008 11:08:29 PM

MOD hey whats up? i have a little prob. at this pool i go to sometimes, there are these really big groups of kids... let me explain. i go to an all girls school. i have a friend that goes to IHS and there are like 20 otherkids that go there too. i want to hang out with my 1 friend but dont know how to introduce myself to everyone else. its wierd because we all know each others names but dont say anything because we dont want to look like a stalker. so how do i introduce myself?

hey girl!  maybe just try to casually introduce yourself when he seems to be alone.  or maybe there is a mutual friend that can introduce you.

--Avery

by beach*babe on 6/6/2008 11:00:24 PM

Hey mod =) My last comment got added up, but I never got an answer =(

hey girl!  if you post it again i'll try to answer it. please put MOD at the top too< then it catches my attention.

--Avery

by Jadedstar01 on 6/6/2008 9:20:48 PM

board board board!!!!!!

by puplover246 on 6/6/2008 8:32:34 PM

***MOD***
do you have any tips on a girl that wants color on her face (eye shadows, blush etc.) but isn't allowed to wear any make up thanks!

Hey girl, if you want to have color on your face, you have to wear make up.  Sorry.  You could do something subtle, like a brown eyeshadow that isn't that noticeable. -lauren

by 10paulfrank10 on 6/6/2008 8:26:46 PM

board board board!!!!!!

by puplover246 on 6/6/2008 8:19:11 PM

MOD or n e 1 else-
does anyone have good ways that'll work to help me lose 2 pounds per week? please i need help!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you'll be able to lose that much weight per week, but you can definitely tone up and loose a few pounds by working out every day and eating healthily.  -lauren

by aerogirl1987* on 6/6/2008 8:05:48 PM

MOD
i have been very insecure about my body lately. I am thin, and have a nice figure, but i have no boobs. i dont even reeli need to wear a bra with cups thats how small they are. i feel like im not reeli a teenage girl (im 13) yet becus i cant relate to a woman in that aspect. there are girls that r liek a year younger than me and have boobs, and one of my friends didnt even get her period yet and she has boobs. certain ppl notice my (pretty much but not completely)flat chest and even bring it up sometimes, and ik this mite seem liek a stupid thing to feel insecure about but it is bothering me. its kinda liek the thing that makes me better than the girl sitting rite next to me. but besides that, it makes me feel insecure about my body and self, bcus clothes cant fit around the bust and clothes just dont look as good on me and guys dont take me as seriuosly wen it comes to being pretty or "hot". can u give me advice to help me feel better?

Try to look at yourself in the mirror everyday and find something about yourself that you like and focus on that.  Don't worry about being flat, a lot of girls don't get boobs until they get older. -lauren

by blue sand on 6/6/2008 7:57:32 PM

MOD!!!! PLEASE HELP! IM SCARED!!! I have what looks like "stretch marks" on my boobs.  It kinda freaks me out. Is this normal??

Yep, this is completely normal.  Don't worry about it! -lauren

by laurlizzy326 on 6/6/2008 6:42:50 PM

hey ya know that swimming suit the girl in the picture is wearing? i have it from like two years ago! weird.

by StarryEyedGirl on 6/6/2008 6:00:59 PM

MOD~~~
I want to start the Healthy you program. I have been doing some of the stuff on it but now i want to go fully on it. What are some ways that I can dive right in to the program and will it still effect me if I start this late? thanks

by SportyBFF25 on 6/6/2008 4:34:45 PM

::Mod!::

Okay, my vision doubles up and blurs for app. 1/4 of the day, so whenever anyone tries to see if I need glasses, I can tell what they're trying to make me read, by waiting a couple seconds for the blur to leave. What should I do???

::Help!::

by Jadedstar01 on 6/6/2008 4:12:18 PM

ncvjd,m,mcnbfd.kjm,dn;ljkns,mnlc.,mdnuvjldfjbns;djllkvn;dkljs.,mnd;lks,gtfnf;skljds.lkj/.m,dn;lk.,c/.kn;lkfgn;fdlk;skdj;jhfjhjskhfsg,f;dlg;'k/;,mbjgjjtk,tjigh';kmjd;oijfg/;.k,hmh'i;l;'dojgf';odjfgjr;lij

by super britt on 6/6/2008 3:56:39 PM

lalalalalalalalal lalalalalla girlicous roxx
I LOVE THE SONG 'like me'

by Ringette #9 on 6/6/2008 3:20:36 PM

*****MOD*****
I need help! I have four final exams this week and I have the WORST time to try studying. I don't know why but it's SOOO hard@! Also I've been having guy problems. I started to like this guy (we'll call him mark) who's a grade behind me, and flirted with him and he likes me.....alot, He's said that I'm REALLY nice and REALLY pretty. I'm really happy about that, but......well I'm in love with my ex-boyfriend
(tyler) and I can't stop thinking about him, and also this OTHER GUY (We'll call him Cody) and his friend jordo have been flirting with me. I don't know what to do! Jordo,Cody & tyler are all going to the high school I'm not attending this year and we have liek 2 weeks left. I love tyler and I want to tell him on the last day of school. I don't know what to do. I just need tyler to know how I feel and i'll never see him again after the last day, I feel so stuck! I've really never been so popular with the guys and it's hard! Please please please help me. P.S. Why would the guys be flirting with me NOW when they're about to leave? and Cody has never seemed to really be that into me? HELP PLEASE!

by Ringette #9 on 6/6/2008 3:17:06 PM

Dear anyone who is willing to listen. I'm a bit of a poet (lol) and was wondering if you guys thought if this poem was any good.

How I wish to escape this mountainous prioson and fly away to be free. To get away from these evil laughs and jeers, and to save myself helpless tears. Just to fly away and be free.

thanks for your help! -glamgirl_97

by glamgirl_97 on 6/6/2008 3:08:11 PM

*************************mod************************
i went to a warerpark/amusement park yesterday and there are sooooo many cute guys there.only 2 have flirted w/ me.they all have really cute girlfriends and they kiss.i want to be an older teen like soo bad.my crush said he'll wait for me when he moves to the same place i'm moving.he hasn't called me in like forever.do u think he forgot me?he said he really wants to go put w/ me

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/6/2008 1:12:15 PM

Hey Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok I'm 13 but have never really had zits or a skin problem. It makes since that it is happening now but I don't really know what to do. I have been using some Clearasil stuff I found in the closet but it doesn't seem to work. I just have all these little bumps at the bottom of my cheeks and they aren't really zits yet but a few are. Then yesterday I had a zit on my nose and the tip of my nose was all oily! Please Help! Thanks! xoxoxo <3

Hey girl!If the over the counter stuff isn't working , go check out a dermatologist to prevent things from getting worse, and so you can be stress free from annoying blemishes. *Cara T.*

by brunettebombshell on 6/6/2008 8:47:51 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i have a problem! me and my bf just broke up a few days ago. Frown((((( i didn't tell anyone except my bff.
i was walking down the street to his house, to try and talk to him so maybe we could get back together(i hoped). i turned a corner and just a few feet away they were making out! i just stared for a few minutes. she saw me, her eyes full of guilt. i could feel it coming off of her. she tryed to say something but i turned and ran before they could stop me.
what do i do now?
-p.p.-9060

Hey Girl, Im so sorry about that. I would have a serious talk with your friend. Explain to her that it was not okay, that you trusted her, and that you clearly had feelings for him still. If anything she should have to come you first saying how she liked him too. As for this guy, you should want to be with him anyone if he moved on that quickly and with your bff! You can do better, you deserve better. *Cara T*

by Party-Princess-9060 on 6/5/2008 10:27:48 PM

Hey, Mod?
I have this one friend, and usuually I really like her, and she's fun to be with and all. Admitedly we're not that close, but still, I like to have conversations with her and such. Anyway, all she ever talks about lately is her boyfriend, who she's already gone out with and broken up with multiple times, and all her blogs/bulletins on myspace are about him. Mostly really angsty. And, while I understand if this was the first time, but every time something happens, she posts a really emo blog about it, and it's starting to tick me off. It's like.. if someone's broken up with another person, shouldn't they realize that it isn't meant to be? I really want to shake her sometimes, and tell her to get over it, but I don't. How do I handle it? I swear, every thing she ever says is how no one likes her, and she can't trust anyone, and I know that's untrue. I can only handle so much of it before I get irritated. But how should I deal with it? Should I keep ignoring it like I do now, or tell her about it? If you could help, that would be fabulous. thanks! ^_^

Hey girl, you have to respect her ways of venting about her problems, even if it bothers you, if she wants to right blogs about how upset she is, then let her, its her own way of getting over it.  I think you should try to be a little more understanding of her, afterall she is a friend. A lot of time people like that do things for attention but dont mean to annoy people by it. Just continue to ignore it and be friendly, If it really gets to you..ask her to talk about her problems with her so you can try to help her so she doesnt continue talking about the same problems. *Cara T*

by Beccarama on 6/5/2008 10:23:07 PM

MOD********** I'm invited to my ex-friends sleepover party and everyone will be there but she's my EX-friend you know? what should I do?

hey girl!  you should go and try to make the best of it.  and maybe you can mend your friendship.

--Avery

by charlie325 on 6/5/2008 8:44:25 PM

Mod-mod-mod-mod-mod-mod-mod-mod-mod-mod-mod-mod I REALLY like this guy, Im not kidding, like I like him a lot, but the only problem is, I don't know if he likes me like that! What are a few signs of him flirting with me????

hey girl!  maybe if he is just generally nice and takes interest in you, that might show that he's flirting.  other than that its kinda hard to say because everybody's different.  but just see where it goes and maybe he'll give you more concrete clues.

--Avery

by hannah12 on 6/5/2008 7:45:31 PM

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO ANSWER MY QUESTION JUST SAY dear hannah12...
Im blond, but whenever I go swimming, my hair like doesn't turn green. I know in a way its a good thing, but how do I know if it is green or not?

by hannah12 on 6/5/2008 7:44:03 PM

HEY AVERY! i love the doggy on your picture. its the cutest. whenever i see it, i awww. its so adorable!!!!! <3

hey thanks girl!  i thought it was pretty cute myself, so i had to have it for my picture Smile

--Avery

by baseballchicky16 on 6/5/2008 7:28:19 PM

hey mod can u please answer my question?

hey girl!  i think i did, but i forgot to say its 28 days from when it stops.

--Avery

by sourapple on 6/5/2008 6:47:34 PM

hey mod: when ya wanna know when ur gonna get ur period the next month, do u count 28 days from when ur last one started or stopped? thanks!

hey girl!  ya thats usually a good rule of thumb, but its not totally certain.

--Avery

by sourapple on 6/5/2008 6:14:16 PM

mod
this weird guy likes me, but i really dont like him. he follows me around all the time! im serious during school every time i turn around hes standing there and hes gotten really annoying.

hey, does he talk to you? if he is just standing there, say hi, whats up? not in a rude way just so he knows you know hes there. dont go out of your way to be nice to him - make it clear you just want to be friends. xoxoashley

by leahx0323 on 6/5/2008 3:19:58 PM

thank you so much Callie!!!

by smuckers_94 on 6/5/2008 3:18:19 PM

hi some1 talk 2 me cuz im bored

by beachbabe2606xo on 6/5/2008 2:51:56 PM

This is off-topic, but I need some help. Okay, so I have this sweating-issue. I use a deodorant/antiperspirant, but I start sweating minutes after applying it. I end up with huge sweat marks on my underarms! With some shirts they're really noticeable, and it's embarrassing to me. I'm going to try a different deodorant, but I'm afraid it won't work. What should I do?

by crazy.cookie213 on 6/5/2008 2:13:16 PM

crushcrushcrush31~
HOW DO YOU GET THOSE AH-DORABLE HEARTS! I CANT FIGURE IT OUT...IVE HEARD THAT U GET IT WHEN YOU TYPE ALT AND 3 BUT IT DONT WORK!

by hippl?wuzup? on 6/5/2008 1:20:05 PM

MODMODMOD!!! (or someone else, doesnt matter ;))
this is gonna sound really dumb, but how are u supposed to flirt with guys? usually when i crush, im the girl who is delighted that my crush asked me for a pencil. now i like a guy in my youth group, and were rally cool around each others, and we actually talk and stuff. but my friend tells me i'll never get i bf if i dont flirt! help!! ~anne_xo

We're super swamped at the GL office so I'm gonna let the other girls take this one...chat away, bloggers Smile  ~Callie

by anne_xo on 6/5/2008 12:46:50 PM

***mod***
i'm going to a water park 2 day and last time some guys started flirting with me and this time i want to look really good,so i'm wearing these cover-up shorts for swimming and for when i go to the amusement park.So should i wear this black shirt that has a monster on it and it says'come to the dark side,we have cookies',a blue shirt that says a lot of stuff,or a brown shirt that says 'I love boys'then boys is crossed out and it says'shoes'(but that one gives me no shape).which one should i wear

Hey GIrly, you should wear whichever shirt you feel the most comfy in! Ask a girl friend for her opinion but your opinion is the most important. Just a tip, the weather has been super steamy lately and wearing a black shirt will attract the sun, which might make the heat unbearable. Stay cool and hydrated!!  ~Callie R.

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/5/2008 10:16:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Please help! My family and I (and my dog Smuckers!) are driving to San Diego for a vacation. I'm really excited, but I am really nervous about crossing the Cornado Bay Bridge. I've heard of many bridge collapses, and when i was little i saw someone in their car knocked off a bridge. Is there anything I can do to stop worrying??? and dramamine doesn't help much.
THANKS!

Hey Girl, even though bad things happen sometimes, you can't let that stop you from doing something. So when you're in the car and you're over the bridge you should close your eyes, listen to calming music, or breath deeply. Have your parents tell you when you're over the bridge so you don't have to look over the sides. Just think of how much fun you'll have once you get to San Diego!! That's an awesome vacation, so focus on the positive instead of the negative Smile  ~Callie R.

by smuckers_94 on 6/5/2008 9:11:17 AM

anyone on?

by trackattack on 6/5/2008 8:54:24 AM

***MOD***
or anyone who wants to help.
me and my friends are trying to write a song but cant think of anything. like how to start it.
if you can help us, that would be great.
Laughing

Hey Girl, try writing about a personal experience or a common interest you and your friends have. Writing songs can take a while so don't rush the "creative process". Once you get in the groove of writing songs, it'll be easy! Good Luck!!  ~Callie R.

by kim;<3 on 6/5/2008 7:47:50 AM

I mix some baking soda in my hand with my shampoo to help get build up and stuff out of my hair. This might help you get the odor out of your hair.

by r9l5h on 6/5/2008 7:47:39 AM

by r9l5h on 6/5/2008 7:46:18 AM

mod please answer my guestion i posted a little while ago
THANKS!!!!Smile Smile

Hey Girl, I answered your question about kayaking under the "Which Itch" blog... Check it out there.  ~Callie R.

by Scouty on 6/5/2008 7:32:34 AM

I use this European Keraplant stuff. It works SOOOOOOO well. I'm happy today because school starts at ten! WoohooSmile I love doing those Smiley faces. I wanna go shopping! I had my dance rehearsal last night, it went well. There was some really cute kids in lion sits doing the lion sleeps tonight. CUTE ALERT!!!!!!!!!

by londongirl12 on 6/5/2008 7:18:23 AM

Don't worry.It happens to everyone.

by princess_drama1 on 6/5/2008 7:11:19 AM

hey wassup, well heres a good idea if its your pool! ... stay out of the pool lol.. jk do you wash right after you go for a swim?

by joe-jonas-is-so-mine on 6/5/2008 6:59:48 AM

***MOD***
I really wanna be a model and there are additions nearby. how should i tell my parents?

Hey Girl, if you're really serious about wanting to model, then sit your parents down to have a real conversation with them. You want them to know that this means a lot to you and that you want their support. They'll prob have a lot of questions about what you want to do and how audtions and what not would work so make sure you do your homework on companies and auditions. Good Luck!  ~Callie R.

by soccergirlluvsya on 6/5/2008 6:35:42 AM

wat duz mod stand 4???

Mod is short for Moderator, our job is to read all of your comments and answer your questions! But we do get busy here at the GL office, so don't forget to chat with your fellow bloggers if you need help Smile  ~Callie R.

by tennisbball00 on 6/5/2008 6:14:01 AM

i used to swim year round and i had that problem too. it also kinda turns your hair green but the special shampoo should help with that Laughing

by brunettebombshell on 6/5/2008 5:30:23 AM

jessie m.
ok thanks now i just hafta work on memorizing that

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:29:05 PM

jessie m.
REALLY sorry. this mite sound dumb but i thot i was the only 1 that stayed up this late ona school nite! lol

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:26:54 PM

Frown

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:24:20 PM

MOD
um all of my comments arent here

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:23:08 PM

im trying to chill

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:18:32 PM

uhg where are my comments

Hon, PLEASE be patient. You are not the only person asking me questions and posting comments. I will get to you as soon as I can.

<3 Jessie M.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:17:44 PM

Mod
im scared shes gunna ask me what i was trying to tel her

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:17:08 PM

is there stil a mod

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:16:24 PM

im scared

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:15:57 PM

ok chill out rollercoastertycoon
lol. im soo not gunna sleep 2nite

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:15:00 PM

i dont like talking to my mom about this kinda stuff.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:14:04 PM

MOD
ok what if she ask me tomorrow what i was telling her???

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:12:53 PM

yaawn

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:11:56 PM

~MOD~
I have never tired those energy drinks like monster or red bull but I want to try them and my parents say its not healthy so I should'nt try it! Whats so unhealty about them????

They sometimes have obscene amounts of caffeine, sugar, and sometimes other energy boosting herbs that aren't particularly good for you, or may just be too much for you.

<3 Jessie M.

by capunkturtle on 6/4/2008 7:11:30 PM

uhg im suppose to be in bed..

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:10:53 PM

MOD
im a worry wart. lol.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:09:41 PM

MOD
is there any help lines or email addresses of any trustworthy mods? im stressed and need some1 to talk anonomisly 2.

You could try the National Teen Emergency Hotline: 1-800-448-3000

<3 Jessie M.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:08:18 PM

MOD
but 1 time somthing like this happened & my mom never said anything about it. my friend said my mom told her mom who told my friend who told me. i dont want that to happen again. i think im gunna tell her. what should i say??

Just say something like, "Ew Mom, so I was scrolling up on a webpage and my mouse accidently moved off the scroll bar and clicked on a nasty ad. I can't believe they put that there!" Or you could just clear your browsing history. Just go to Tools > Clear Browsing History.

<3 Jessie M.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:05:44 PM

~mods~

just a quick note thank you sooooo much 4 all you do when i have a ? u always answer that u guys are soooooooo awesome!! thank you guys lylas!!!!! Smile

by #1 iowa hawkeye fan on 6/4/2008 7:03:40 PM

MOD MOD
um i have 2 go 2 bed now.
i reallly need to know about that other comment. can u just say what to do on this comment plz??

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 7:02:56 PM

have any of you peeps won a prize here?

by simpleandcute on 6/4/2008 7:02:15 PM

MOD
now im confused. the comment i just put is on now but the comments i put be4 arent....

Because you kept posting the same question multiple times, so I answered out of order to let you know I would get to it as soon as I could so you would stop posting your question, lol. I answered the one and deleted the others because they were all the same.

<3 Jessie M.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 6:52:54 PM

hey mod-
I am under tons of stress with finals at school, and we have been putting on plays, and I have had tennis and piano practice every day after school. I feel fine during the day, in fact I love running around from activity to activity. But then when I get home it is like the littlest things set me off into a tempertantrum with tears and yelling. And I hate it. I have been getting loads of sleep; every night I go to bed at nine. I just don't know what to do. THANX!

Even though you're getting enough sleep, you may not necessarily be getting enough rest. Mental rest. Take a day to relax, if you can. Instead of running from activity to activity, take a weekend day to do nothing. Or at least just nothing important. Sometimes when you get stressed out and busy, you get irritable. Just give yourself a break and time to destress.

<3 Jessie M.

by tennisgal on 6/4/2008 6:52:18 PM

mod
o sorry. :#
i sounded rude.
im just really despereate.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 6:46:19 PM

ugg two more finals to go! does anyone else have finals this week?

by crosscountrybabe1 on 6/4/2008 6:42:21 PM

MY COMMENTS ARENT SHOWING. CAN U PLZ MAKE THIS 1 SHOW?

You've got to wait until I approve it, and you want me to respond to them so I'm not going to approve it until I have a chance to answer your question (I've got other questions ahead of yours). Be patient, please :O) The more times you submit the same comment, the longer it takes me.

<3 Jessie M.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 6:29:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
ok so i was on my email and after i logged out i went into this music thing on AOl. on one thing it said Sexy photo covers or something. obviously i scrolled down but when i was scrolling back up i accidently clicked on it! omg i tried to tell my mom but she was asleep and was like "i dont know what yer talking about lemme sleep"!
OMG what if she looks in the history and thinks i perpusly look @ it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IM FREAKING!

CHILL! It's ok, lol. If she does look at your history and says something about it, explain to her what happened. Not a big deal. Accidents happen.

<3 Jessie M.

by rollercoastertycoon on 6/4/2008 6:27:01 PM

Mod,
Okay my three gymnastics buds are having a birthday party together and they invited me. Me and my mom went to get them a present and she suggested the dollar section in Target cuz it's cheap and buying three pressies can be expensive. I agreed with her so i got them each a straw beach bag, a beach towel, a pedicure set, nail polish, and gummy worms. I would love this present, and think it's cute for summer and that's why i got it for them... but idk if they will. They are more stuck up and they might think it's too cheap. At the party what should i do and how should i act if they don't like and think it's dumb? Like i said i would love to have this present, but it kind of makes you feel bad when they don't like the present you bought for them. Plus it may be WAY cheaper than what the other girls are getting them. My mom thought it was cute but if it's way cheaper am i supposed to feel embarrassed? MOD plz help! I don't know how to act if any of this happens!

I think it's a great present! It doesn't matter how much you spend on it, it's the thought that counts. And if they have any sort of politeness, they'll say they love the gift and appreciate it anyway. So don't worry about it. They aren't inviting you for your present, they're inviting you for your friendship.

<3 Jessie M.

by allidocious on 6/4/2008 5:32:51 PM

Mod,
I need your advice. This guy in my pe class asked me out today. The thing is i don't like him. He's liked me for 2-3 months. I asked him how much he likes me (1 being the lowest, 10 the highest) he said 10/10. He said he loves my personality, nice, and that i'm pretty. I said I like you too....but as a friend. I see him again Friday, but now i don't know how to act. He is just not my type. What do i do now, especially since he still likes me? Thanks

you have to be honest with him! just be like hey i think you are an awesome friend but i dont think it would be right if we were more! xoxoashley

by ♥Anchors_Away♥ on 6/4/2008 5:30:21 PM

*****ASHLEY****
i'm out for summer....and its too hard to call him. cause i'm super sensitive(he know's that) and i'll probably cry. and i dont want to seem like a freak. What can i do to get over him?

hey! what kind of things do you like to do? make yourself constantly busy with friends and family and you will get over him in no time.

by Cheerleading_Cutie20 on 6/4/2008 5:28:31 PM

MrsNickJonas4ever?????
HA!
in ur dreams.
cuz uh, that would DEFINITELY be mu ah.

by Buh-Bah on 6/4/2008 5:24:51 PM

YO HAIR SMELLER!!!
advice:
use Bumble&Bumble shampoo and conditioner or whatevs

by Buh-Bah on 6/4/2008 5:23:34 PM

*Mod*
My sister has been acting all depressed because she misses my mom who is on a week long vacation. She syas she is lonely, but when I ask her if she wants to do something with me all she wants to do is clean. What should I do?
I ahve posted this comment a few times, but it never gets answered.

hey! tell her that you are taking her out -- order dinner, watch a movie -anything you think wouldnt make you feel lonely xoxoashley

by i.luv.horses on 6/4/2008 5:12:19 PM

*******MOD*****
UGH!!! i cant get over my bf. we broke up almost 2 weeks ago after being together for alomst a year. he was my first kiss, and i also really really loved him. he told me he loved me too, but he broke up with me over sumthing stupid.but now i cant stop thinking about him or all the fun times we had or the tripto disney world we went on together with our school. i miss him soo much and i want to be with him but he said he just wants to be friends now. what do i do?

hey! you can either try talking to him one more time, or you can just try to get over him. i know its hard but there are other guys!! xoxoashley

by Cheerleading_Cutie20 on 6/4/2008 5:05:24 PM

kknox: im sorry you have add Frown
that must be really hard...

by MrsNickJonas4ever on 6/4/2008 4:51:28 PM

**MOD**
ok. my im im making the big transition from elemtary school to junior high, (6th to 7th grade). So me and all my friends were really excited. Then today i found out my crush might be moving from San Diego (where he is now) all the way to Sacremento! im really worried and i really dont want him to. me and hi have gotten really close this school year so i really want to tell him i like him, but if he isnt moving, it would be really awakward to see him next year. So what do you think...should i or not?

Go ahead and tell him you like him- i don't think you have much to lose in this situation. -lauren

by MrsNickJonas4ever on 6/4/2008 4:50:18 PM

i have add so i take pills 4 it and i don't grow im in 8 grade and the only one in 8 grade and chest less

by kknox on 6/4/2008 4:26:39 PM

I just want to send a message to all MOD's reading this...
Thank you so much for everything you do for us GL girls. You help us with everything. Whenever I have a problem, I always go to girlslife.com because I know a MOD can be there to help me. I'm sure all girls are so thankful for all that the MODs do to make sure that we're okay.
Thanks so much!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hey girl, thanks you much!  We mods are always happy to hear that our work is appreciated.  And we love helping you guys out! -lauren

by megabegabyte on 6/4/2008 4:21:55 PM

I know this seems weird, but Im going to miss going to school. I've been really depressed lately. All my friends and CRUSHES are there and during the summer I'm going to a lame summer camp. HELP!!

by panicatthediscolova on 6/4/2008 4:12:29 PM

Ok, sorry...but I have another question....
***MOD***
Two of my good friends, (Let's call them Margarita and Tina) are in good shape (body-wise). They both exercise a lot, and neither of them are fat. Margarita is very skinny, like my size, and Tina isn't that skinny, but she is not obese or anything. They always tell me how lucky I am to be skinny, and compliment my metabolism. It makes me feel weird, like they are just fishing for compliments. I don't know what to do, because neither of them are fat, but they won't listen to me!!!
HELP ME MOD!!!

Remind them that they are skinny and ask them to not complain about their weight as much. -lauren

by megabegabyte on 6/4/2008 4:05:31 PM

MOD,
Have you ever heard of the saying "There's always a silver lining in every cloud."?
Well...it seems like one of my friends always looks for the cloud in the silver lining. URGH! Do you have any suggestions in how to deal with her?

Politely tell her that the glass is half full, and be the positive one who points out the silver lining.  Hopefully your good attitude will rub off on her. -lauren

by megabegabyte on 6/4/2008 4:02:23 PM

I'm a swimmer and I don't have smelly hair at all! I use a swim cap, but some of my friends have the same problem so they bought a special shampoo/conditioner that got rid of all the chlorine in your hair whenever you use it. They <3 that stuff

by zhangerino on 6/4/2008 3:04:58 PM

Panteen works SO good for my hair, u should try it!!!Smile

by sportygirl23 on 6/4/2008 2:58:23 PM

**********MOD**********
I know this is off the subject, but im having problems with my friend. Lately, she has been acting like a drama queen, and it is REALLY starting to get annoying! Any advice?Frown

sit down with her and have a heart to heart convo.  Tell her that you can't handle all of the drama and politely ask her to try and look at the good things in life.  If she ever acts like a downer, just point out the silver lining in the sitch.  Try to use your upbeat and fun attitude so that it rubs off on her.  Good luck! -lauren

by sportygirl23 on 6/4/2008 2:57:26 PM

*********************mod**************************
i'm really squirrly girl(i had to change my name).
i've heard some rumors that we r getting profiles...i really don't care,but is this true

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/4/2008 2:17:18 PM

that seems like it would work.My hair doesn't stink that much

by heartshapedboxrox on 6/4/2008 2:16:08 PM

it depends though. do you wash your hair right after it gets wet in the pool? because if you dont then that would make sense because it would soak into your hair and stay there. but if you wash it right after than it will get out before it can actually get in your hair.
<3natalie

by joe-jonas-is-so-mine on 6/4/2008 2:10:24 PM

it helps if you use the exact same fragrance shampoo as conditioner, so there's no funky smells goin on! Good Luck! P.S. I had this problem, too!

by pointeprincess on 6/4/2008 1:50:01 PM

hello mad mod!***********

i made a friend here on GIRLSLIFE.COM and the page we were chatting on closed comments. now i cant find her. wat can i do 2 find and talk 2 her again? help me plz!

♥ crushx3

by crushcrushcrush31 on 6/4/2008 1:35:50 PM

~~~~MOD~~~~
I have REALLY light blond hair and not only does the chlorine turn my hair green, but it turns the roots REALLY dark green! I use a swim cap everyday, but don't know where to get swim shampoo. Is there anything else I could do so I don't look like a Dr.Seuss character?!?!

the shampoo should do the trick! get it at some local drugstore. xoxoashley

by puppyluvsandy on 6/4/2008 1:27:29 PM

Dramadork-- Nope, i'm a brunette.. but my sister who is BLEACH blonde hair turns green.. this might sound SUPER STRANGE but wash your hair in KETCHUP!! it gets rid of the geen!!

by flipflopdiva1234 on 6/4/2008 1:21:20 PM

when will the daily giveaway winner be posted from 30+31???

by bubbilyspaz3 on 6/4/2008 1:18:53 PM

*Mod*

by i.luv.horses on 6/4/2008 1:06:57 PM

MOD

Hey I get Heat rash a lot in my elbow creases and neck during the summer (in fact I have a really Bad one right now) how do I treat it and how do I prevent it? I need help because it itches and burns like crazy!!

by dazedduckatacrosswalk on 6/4/2008 1:03:46 PM

i love ur avatar...is it cara's or lauren's that has all the flowers on it, whoever's it is, it is soooo cooleo!

by hippl?wuzup? on 6/4/2008 12:54:15 PM

i have a pool, and my hair doesnt smell bad after i swim. i use herbal essences, for long hair, it smells like raspberrys and it smells amazingly great!

by hippl?wuzup? on 6/4/2008 12:53:02 PM

UltraSwim is really awesome- I got it one summer and it worked amazingly well! Now they don't sell it at our grocery store any more, though...I might have to track some down... LOL!

by Dog_luver on 6/4/2008 12:34:13 PM

hi flipflopdiva1234~
has ur hair ever turned green from the chlorine?

by dramadork on 6/4/2008 12:32:10 PM

**MODS**

I LOVE YOUR AVIATOR!!! .. that reminds me.. i know these questions are asked like a million times a day, but when are we getting our profiles!? Like within the month? I don't know what pretty soon is lol

by flipflopdiva1234 on 6/4/2008 12:23:50 PM

omg i have the same problem!! i swim all the time, (no duh, read my username but now i can't swim cuz i broke my wrist)and the chlorine turns my black hair brown and dries it out. what do i do? swim with a swim cap and use swim shampoo... just like the advice said!!Smile

by i love to swim..... on 6/4/2008 12:19:59 PM

Jsut get really strong smelling shampoo & use MORE conditioner... also, if you use heat products a lot, that could be the cause of a wierd smell, so use a hair protector before you use heat products on your hair.. and if it is the Chlorine.. than go to G-LIFE and there is like this hair stuff it has under a category and it works!

by flipflopdiva1234 on 6/4/2008 12:11:09 PM

Mod-
My sister is usually very bubbly around me, but since my mom is on a one week vacation my sister is quiet and she cries a lot. I try to cheer her up, but all she wants to do is clean...which is strange. What can I say or do to get her to cheer up and hang out with me like she usually does? Thanks a lot in advance!

by i.luv.horses on 6/4/2008 11:59:05 AM

WHERE IS MY COMMENT????????????

by aerogirl1987* on 6/4/2008 11:35:48 AM

1st comment?!

by shadow_of_the_day on 6/4/2008 11:30:56 AM

hey ppl whats up. wat r u doing this summer

by dramadork on 6/4/2008 11:27:36 AM

cool im first. at least your hair doesn't turn green when you swim.

by dramadork on 6/4/2008 11:26:34 AM

yeah. i use special chlorine in the summer for my hair. since i'm a blonde, i really need 2 use it or else my hair will turn green! i'm not even kidding. so if you're a blonde, definetly look into it

by Katielin on 6/4/2008 11:25:22 AM

1ST COMMENT!!!!!!!!! (I THINK)

by aerogirl1987* on 6/4/2008 11:22:53 AM

I have the same problem and I'm a Lifegaurd but my only smells when I get in the shower. I think the steam makes it smell.
Good idea though, I can't really do it though!

by cross-country chick on 6/4/2008 11:18:51 AM