12 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

15 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

16 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

BEAUTY 101: Sweet Sugar Scrub

Want a full-on fab body scrub? We’ve got a sweet one you can whip up at home. It’s gentle on your skin and less dehydrating than a salty variety.

Mod! (I think that is what you do if you wanna ask a question, I'm new here)
Anyways I don't have the granulated sugar but I do have olive oil and milk, my family is broke till Saturday, So I cant go buying anything, is there anything to be a substitute for the sugar? Thanks!

Hey girl! Welcome! So yes at the beginning of a question you say : MOD!MOD!MOD! and then we'll respond to you asap! You could potentially try salt, but the article says that it'll dry out your skin a lot more. I would hold off on this recipe until you get sugar, but there are plenty of other recipes online! If you try googling scrubs I'm sure you'll find all sorts of different ones to try! Good luck and hope you're enjoying the site! xoxo

Carly S.

by Rusher43245 on 8/22/2012 2:40:40 PM

MODMODMOD,
Can I make a bunch of this and just store it in like a plastic container?

Hey girl! I'm sure that would be fine!

Rachael A.

by ArizonaChica on 8/3/2012 4:10:16 PM

Mod!
Can I use this for acne on my face? Is it 2 irritating?

Hey chica!  This scrub is gentle, but if you have super sensitive skin, be careful not to scrub too hard.  For your face, try this after (or in) the shower, so your pores are open and you can be gentle. xoxo

Kate G.

by Krisskatt on 7/10/2012 12:27:07 PM

can you use olive oil with it because i ran out of sesame oil and i'm broke right now and that is all i have!!! please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl, you sure can! Olive oil is great for your skin too!

- Gabrielle

gabrielle m.

by jet8534 on 2/22/2010 11:49:35 AM

mod!
AH quick! can i use peanut oil for this?

by HAZELELMDUST on 2/15/2010 9:32:47 PM

thanks this will work great!

by shizzsip on 2/15/2010 1:28:55 PM

katelin s.
thanksSmile

by elena_bliss137 on 11/2/2009 8:14:49 PM

MOD.
How do I know what my skin type is? I'm not sure. It's not oily but not dry either. Help!

Hey babe, that prob means you fall in the "normal" skin range.
katelin s.

by elena_bliss137 on 10/29/2009 9:16:52 PM

SweetSmile Can't wait to try that! Now I just need canola oil...Laughing

by elena_bliss137 on 10/29/2009 9:15:34 PM

does anyone know a great homemade recipe for normal to oily skin. i need something to help my face stay clear without wipeing out my babysitting money. help!?

Hey chicky, try this oily skin mask recipe. Mix 1 tablespoon of brewer's yeast with natural yogurt and pat onto your face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with warm water, then cool water and then pat dry.

Lynae P.