2 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

3 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

4 HOURS AGO Cute 'n' quick bun styles to try this weekend: http://t.co/dIFvlC8c4i

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

MOD MOD MOD! I think im getting my period ( my first time). I have black and little bit of brown in my discharge. im get mood swings. ill be happy one second grumpy the next. I get a lot of cramps and headaches achy too. I eat non stop. I way 78 pounds( usual weight is 70 pounds) I forget many things. I have sore boobs (size 34a). on saterday there was red spots in my discharge. I had discharge for 2 years now. plz plz plz write back. PLZ! ps- im 12

Hey chica! I answered your question the first couple times- check on those posts to see my reply! xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 8/23/2013 3:14:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! this Monday there was brown in my discharge( not poop). I had discharge for two years. im really cranky. I have cramps and headaches. I can get upset pretty easy. my boobs are sore. (size 34a) MOD PLZ HELP!!!!

Hey girl! Take a deep breath. Having brown discharge is nothing to be upset or worried about!

Melissa T.

by Alexa:) on 8/1/2013 1:11:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Please right back

I made a comment on here yesterday and it never showed up this is not the first time this has happen in fact a month ago I put a comment on girls life in friends and it still hasn't showed up it's very disappointing please put my question up and answer it because I am in desperate of an answer. Please.

Hey girl, think you could post it again? Our system might not have recieved it!

Melissa T.

by momo567 on 7/23/2013 2:32:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! i have a cramp right now. i had a headache an hour ago. i eat A LOT. do you think its my period?

Hey girlie,

Those could be signs
your period is coming soon, or it could just mean that you’re growing up! For a
better assessment of when your period might come, I would talk to your doc Smile

Meghan D.

by Alexa:) on 7/18/2013 10:45:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I think im getting my period(its my first time)! I eat non stop. I forget things. I get headaches and cramps. I have pubic hair(down south and arm pit hair). my breasts hurt. I weigh only 70 pounds. I gained 8 in one day! that's from eating( yes my family feeds me). i looked online and eating one. any ideas?plz write back>

Hey! Yes, those are all symptoms that you may be getting your period. So just get some basic supplies and wait, it'll be good to be prepared! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/18/First-Period-Prep.aspx

Helen S.

by Alexa:) on 7/18/2013 5:32:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! i have been carving sweet and salty things. i forget things. i get headaches and cramps. i have pubic hair( down south and arm pit hair). mood swings. discharge for 2 years. in case i get it in school, what do i take? ps-my breasts are sore. is this my period?

Hey girl! All these signs are normal for anyone going
through puberty- you will get your period eventually, so don’t stress too much
about it. In the meantime, it’s a good idea to carry around pads, just in case.

Melissa T.

by Alexa:) on 7/18/2013 3:16:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!! I am FREAKING OUT!!!!!! IM REALLY SCARED. i have A LOT of the signs of my period. i have mood swings a lot. ill be happy, and then i get mad. i always want to be right. i get cramps and headaches. i DEFINATLLY forget things. i have armpit hair (and hair down south). i have to shave. i have discharge for 2 years now. is this my period? and if it is, how to i prepare? when do tnx it will come.

Hey girl, calm down! Periods aren't anything to be afraid of, although there is no way to tell down to the exact day it will come. Here's everything you need to know about periods- and more:

Melissa T.

by Alexa:) on 7/18/2013 2:43:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD I think im getting my period ( it's my first time)! I have the signs. I get reat sleep,but im still tired all day. I forget things ( a lot of things). I always want to be right. I get headaches and cramps. mood swings. in the morning im happy. day goes on I get cranky. I have discharge for 2 years. I have sore breasts ( size 34 A). Wednesday night ( last night) I had a small dot of red in my discharge. is that bad?! im 12. Plz rite back.

Hey girl! No, this isn’t bad- it’s just you period! For more
period answers, check out these links:

Melissa T.

by Alexa:) on 7/18/2013 1:55:00 PM

I just got my first period!!! And i have some questions to ask you. Please answer them...Thank you Laughing ... okay next month school is going to start again and I'm scared that if i get my period in school, people would notice and i will have an embarrassing moment... or if i leaked. I'm really scared! Any advice? And also is it normal that in the first day you got it, it is lighter than the second day? For example: on the first day i got it, it was light. Now on the second day it wasn't heavy but it wasn't light either. Any advice?
Thank you! Laughing

Hey girl, usually cramps hit before it happens so you'll be able to know when it's coming and be prepared with pads or a tampon. - yes that's completely normal.

lauren r.

by Julie-loves-music on 7/10/2013 6:10:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
please anwser all my questions, thanksSmile
1.) Do the playtex sports (lites) hurt more then the tampax pearl lites, sense the platex sports open 360? does the 360 hurt more then just the width ones? (the applicator is way bigger then the tampax pearl also)
2.) do all of the playtex tampons open 360? like, all the ones ever made, are they 360. or do some open width wise like the tampax? and same with tampax, do all of them open width wise, or do some open 360 too?
3.) do playtex tampons come in just a light absorbency box? not a multi pack,but just a box of only lights, and nothing else? thanks again.

Hey girl. I'd love to answer all your questions, but unfortunately, everyone's opinion on these things varies, so the only way to know which works best for you is to try them out. As for your last question, they definitely do sell just the box of one variety, not a multipack. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M