3 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

6 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

7 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

Mod mod mod

Ok so i had period last tuesday and it ended on Saturday but today i saw blood in my undies... what going on ?

Hey girl,

It's normal to have spotting or a not-so-regular schedule at first. You can year a panty liner a few days after you have your period just to be safe and make sure you're all done.

xo

Caroline C.

by KatnissGirlonFire on 7/8/2013 3:36:33 PM

I feel weird talking to my mom about it,bi font know why it feels funny any tips?

by popgirl79 on 6/30/2013 10:33:35 AM

i went for a physical when i was 11 and the doctor said i would get my period late 11's or early 12's and now i am 13 almost 14 and i still haven't got it. should i be worried?

by Pascal13 on 6/27/2013 5:44:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
one day i went to my grandmas house and i used the bathroom and i wiped and there was very little blood. but now it has been 2 months and no more blood! what happened was there something worng with me?

hey! there's nothing wrong with you, irregularity can happen, especially the first year. This is something you should definitely ask your doctor about to make sure all your questions are fully answered.

Helen S.

by Pascal13 on 6/27/2013 5:40:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Will your first period be light or heavy? and will i feel it? and how do i avoid leaking?

Hey! flow is different for everyone the first time, but yeah you do kind of feel it. If you don't you'll definitely see it when you use the restroom. To avoid leaking change your pad or tampon every 4-6 hours depending on flow.

Helen S.

by Pascal13 on 6/27/2013 5:36:17 PM

MOD
i was using a tampon on one of the last days of my period (so i didn't have that heavy of a flow), and while pulling the tampon out, a small piece of the cotton came off. I can't get it out! it's not that big a piece (smaller than a pinky nail), but i'm still worried. What do i do?
Thanks!

Hey! I think you should go see your doctor. I had something similar happen and I had to go to the doctor. Smile To be honest, that's what we mods just have to tell you guys when you come to us with any health concerns. You may very well be fine, but since we're not doctors and we can't even see you face to face, it's not for us to tell you what's fine and what isn't. You know your body. Trust your instincts and talk to your doc!

Helen S.

by ladedagirl on 6/22/2013 1:43:37 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i had brown spotting 2 years ago and a tiny bit of blood a year ago... I'm 13 now and I may be celiac.... When should I expect it ??

Hey girlie, it could be any time now. Talk to your mom about when she got hers. Genetics plays a role in when you will get yours. But there's no exact science or formula to know when you'll get it.

Lauren T.

by graigrai24 on 6/17/2013 4:47:16 PM

Ok I'm a little confused about my first period... I had brown spotting two years ago and then blood a year ago...nothing since !?! I may possibly be celiac I am being tested for it but I don't know if that would affect anything i am also lactose intolerant! Help plzz I would like to know when to expect it!!!

by graigrai24 on 6/15/2013 9:12:59 PM

ok so i got my period and i haven't told my mom, i have an older sister that i told and i use her suppies with her permission. do i have to tell my mom or can i live without telling her, we aren't really close i don't talk to her a lot so i don't want to be embaressed. HELP!

Hey animallover0, I think you should let her know. One, it's important. And two, she'll be able to help you out with any questions or concerns you have with your period. It may be a little awkward, but definitely worth it in the end. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by animallover0 on 6/11/2013 8:12:50 PM

Okay so 3 days ago,I felt like I peed myself, I ran to the bathroom to check. (I dont have my period yet) And It was a LOT of dicharge and today It happened again. I've had discharge for about 7-8 months now. While im writing this My thighs hurt and lower back. Is my period coming?
Btw im 12

Hey girl!

You might get your period pretty soon, but don't worry about the other stuff- totally normal! Talking to your mom is always a good idea so she can help you out. Be sure to prep a period kit by keeping pads and tampons in your locker at school and in your purse when you're out with your friends. Here's the 411 on discharge: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/04/period-qa-discharge.aspx

And for the rest of your worries, GL has your back here: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/18/First-Period-Prep.aspx

xo