12 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

15 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

16 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

for all those girls who dont have their period i want to tell you something!!! ENJOY NOT HAVING IT BECAUSE WHEN U GET IT UR GOING TO HATE IT!!!

by zany94 on 6/19/2009 1:09:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!! I am almost 14 and haven't gotten my period. I have started puberty for over a year now. I am so short. I feel so small when all my friends are growing up. I get depressed about my body. Do you have any advice to brighten my day instead of dwelling on how small i am?

Don't be depressed!  You have PLENTY of time to grow and get your period.  If you are having signs it is bound to come sooner or later... just give it some time.  Before you know it you'll be more developed than ANY of your friends!

Brooke E.

by bajey on 6/19/2009 11:34:00 AM

Ugh I went to the doctor a long time ago and he gave my mom the packet about "growing up" and all that stuff and he didn't even say anything about my period and when we got home i think my mom threw out the packet... I already knew everything anyway tho.

by frostybunny9 on 6/19/2009 9:41:36 AM

My doctor said i won get my period for at least two years. Yay!!

by stylechic21 on 6/18/2009 3:23:19 PM

*******************MOD*************************

okay im eleven and I had have cramps for like five days but no period! Is this normal? I have been having slight tantrums and whatnot.

by fizzydrinkmixer1 on 6/18/2009 3:05:35 PM

hey girls! my first didnt hurt and im sure yours wont either!

by ilovegiraffes45 on 6/18/2009 12:15:59 AM

it was kinda weird cuz the first time i got my period it was rly painful but i havent had any cramps since so i guess im the oddball

by m.n.mmolly on 6/17/2009 11:54:36 PM

I get bad BAD bad stomach aches during my period. Why is there never an article on bad stomach aches? Is it because it is usually not normal? Is there somethin wrong with me!? HelP!!!!!!!

Hey Girl, are you sure they're not cramps? You may  want to check with your doctor if it continues. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by animalluver44 on 6/17/2009 11:19:40 PM

----MOD----
Hi! Ok so my "Aunt Flow" is in town this week and I had a question. Do you get period symptoms the WHOLE time you have your period? Because on my first, second, and third day, I got stomach aches but today (4th day) I am having crampy stuff. Is this normal and do you get this kind of stuff all week long?

hey Girl, its different for everyone, but usually it symptoms may last during the beginning of the week. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by sportybabe on 6/17/2009 10:58:35 PM

~~MOD~~
I got my period yesterday. Now, my back really hurts as if i haven't layed in a bed for days. My lower back has been like this for the past few months i've had my period. I'm trying to make it feel better by putting a pillow behind my back. It doesn't work, neither does advil. Would exercise help? But my back hurts so much i can't walk for a long time. Any suggestions on how to make it feel better? Thanks in advance ~ <3

Hey girl, if this is giving you serious pain, you should definitely see a professional who will know how o help you effectively. Whether he/she gives you medication or suggestions, they'll help you get through this. But first, ask your parents to see what they think. <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.