3 HOURS AGO What kind of sister are you? http://t.co/R0BoPmeZug

4 HOURS AGO Give your closet a killer makeover: http://t.co/CimNERzkMm

5 HOURS AGO GL's connecting with the cosmos to cast your #horoscope: http://t.co/6q0cyyIeCt

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

I hate it, I am almost 14 and i haven't got my period. I feel so little when all the friends are growing up,and i am still a little girl. Sometimes I get depressed. Any advice?

by bajey on 6/17/2009 8:24:55 PM

**MOD**
I dont have my period. I have been spotting on and off (just like two drops a month) for the last like 3 months. I had really bad cramps yesterday. When do you think i will get it?

Hey girl, I can't tell you when you'll get your period. No one can. When the time is right, it'll happen naturally. <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by lechair on 6/17/2009 3:22:02 PM

hey MOD-
how long do u normally have discharge before u get ur first period? I've been getting it since late last august but i still wear a 32AA. I do have hair "down there" and in my pits. will i get "it" soon?

Hey girl, everyone has different discharge and gets their periods at different times. i can't tell you when you'll get it, but don't sweat it! <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by skijumper4life on 6/17/2009 2:52:06 PM

the 1st time i got my period i didnt feel anything i didnt even no i had until i saw my undies. but now i get cramps and bloating big time but i just take advil and it goes away. as i was reading some of the resopnses i think that every girl is different some get there period REALLY (like me with cramps and bloating) and some dont feel anything so u can never really tell if are gonna feel pain!
P.S. check out my profile!!!!!

by girls123 on 6/17/2009 2:28:46 PM

i remember the first time i got my period i was at my cousins wedding and i got really over heated and felt like i was gonna throw up, almost like i had the flu. it was horrible. i had to leave the ceramony early and i felt horrible. but that doesnt happen anymore. i just get cramps and bloating.

by novemberbaby164 on 6/17/2009 11:40:57 AM

I'm lucky, i never get any of the symptoms when I get mine (cravings, cramps, bloating, etc)

Check out my profile girls, and please leave a comment, thanks!

by SportyGal on 6/17/2009 9:48:21 AM

Thanks Katelin!!!

by hippylover5 on 6/16/2009 9:44:10 PM

The first time I got my period was last month. And when I had it I got really tired. My mom says its because when you have your period you lose a lot of iron. So what can I do to get more iron in my system? And sence I just started should start noticing a pattern or is it going to be irregular for awhile?

Hey babe, your mom is right. The best thing you can do is eat iron-rich foods like red meat. Some girls have it regularly but many are irregular so you'll just have to wait and see what your cycle will be like.
katelin s.

by hippylover5 on 6/16/2009 9:23:24 PM

im 11 and havent had mine but i have tha simptoms and i dont have any idea when 2 be prepared for it what should i do???? please help

Hey girl, just stay informed on what will be happening to your bod. Check out the advice and info we have on our Periods, Period page and you'll be ready to go!
katelin s.

by jellybean2010 on 6/16/2009 9:09:34 PM

Aleve works wonders for cramps. i have to use it every time I get my period. It helps the pain go away.

by mort12 on 6/16/2009 7:36:33 PM