10 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

11 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

11 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

MOD
I get bad tummy aches during my period. This is normal? People say it is, but why don't people ever talk about getting tummy aches during their period...only cramps! Is there something wrong with me?

Hey Girl, Cramps *are* tummy aches! I would just pop some tums and relax when you get home from class. xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by sportybabe on 6/16/2009 5:59:06 PM

It's nothing! the first time you barely even notice its not really 'till later when it gets painful. Be glad you don't have yours yet!

by mtsnow12 on 6/16/2009 5:25:33 PM

omg, i got mine when i was 10! it sux Frown

by popmusic on 6/16/2009 5:17:37 PM

baskitbal22:
you aren't missing out on anything (except heat flashes, cramps, etc). most people get it between ages: 8-18.

by popmusic on 6/16/2009 5:16:40 PM

I want it but im not but i am soo scared

by graceygirl77 on 6/16/2009 4:19:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Hey so it's been like 99 days since I got my period and I was wondering if I just started how much more longer should I wait before I see a doctor? I am asking this because I had my period like the first week of march and haven't had it after that so how much more longer should I wait until it comes because IK it can be irregular at first I just want to make sure there is nothing to worry about.

Hey Girl, Your period can take a break because of stress, diet, exercise, and a bunch of other stuff, but if you're upset about it, please go see a doc! It'll make you feel so much better. xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.

by smartcookie36 on 6/16/2009 3:49:41 PM

I didn't even notice I got it until I went to the bathroom. I told my mom by say "can I have a pad" and trust me I was pleanty nervice I just took a deep breath and did it.

by ~Dancer13~ on 5/31/2009 10:24:11 PM

I just wanted to say that you PROBABLY wont feel much,but when I got my period, I really bad cramps for a while. So, also, if start to get really bad pains in your lower area, dont be worried, just take an IB profen and keep checking your undies!

by jdmancini on 5/26/2009 7:11:34 PM

Oh I'm scared to look!

by polkadotz97 on 5/17/2009 10:35:23 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!!!
How often should you change your pad? I just started mine today! Please help!!!

Hey Babes, Congrats! I would change it every few hours but you'll get the hang of it once you see your flow, etc. xo Annemarie
Annemarie D.