10 HOURS AGO Get psyched for back to school with these music vids: http://t.co/552P5H0TUp

13 HOURS AGO What kind of sister are you? http://t.co/R0BoPmeZug

14 HOURS AGO Give your closet a killer makeover: http://t.co/CimNERzkMm

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

Hi! I've had my period for about eight months. Except, for the past two months I have skipped! My periods have always been so light that I hardly need a panty liner because I'm so active and small. The thing is, I have only been gaining weight and I am about 100lbs and my period has suddenly dissappeared! What's going on? I'm scared that my period hasn't gotten any heavier and has just stopped. I told my mom but she didn't really say much Frown

Hey babe- Its totes normal for your period to not be regular if you have only had it for eight months.  Wait a few more weeks and if you still don't get it then have your mom take you to your doctor.

Elizabeth K.

by purple10115 on 5/7/2013 7:18:57 AM

When I got my first period, back in fourth grade, I'm now in ninth grade,and I had no idea what a period was but, no I didn't have any pain. sometimes I do have a little pain now and then, but only the day after I notice that I have it.

by twise8484 on 5/4/2013 1:48:54 PM

Mod! Smile
So I haven't got my 1st period but I have had discharge for a while. Well, today I have been kind of having cramps in the side of my lower back and I had never felt that before. Is that a period cramp and does it mean my period is coming? Btw, I'm 12. Thx!

Hey VegetariansRule!, yeah it could definitely be a signaler for your period. Be aware of any other changes in your body too. It may be best now to get some pads and talk to a parent just so you can be prepared. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by VegetariansRule on 4/30/2013 6:41:50 PM

Also, I've been having discharge for about a year

by lil'beautylover27 on 4/20/2013 6:11:39 PM

I actually just got my first period about a week or two ago. It didn't hurt at all! And I am completely serious and honest, it didn't hurt one bit. Smile

by fabina962 on 4/19/2013 11:00:54 AM

MOD MOD
I forgot to say I'm 11 years old

by coolkitty10 on 4/15/2013 2:55:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Lately I heve been getting extra heavy white discharge.  There has also been a new type of uncomfortable cramps iust below my stomach to the left. Is my first ever period on the way. I'm a little scared...

Hey girl, check out this post: "What the heck is discharge, anyway?"  If you're worried, talk with your mom, a doctor, or another adult you trust.  There's a good chance your period is indeed on its way.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by coolkitty10 on 4/15/2013 2:54:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok, so Im 11 amd got my period yesterday. I started using tampons today but my mum doesn't know I started my period or using tampons. And I'm aware of changing your tampon every 7-8 hours because of TSS. Is there anything else I should know?

Hey girlie,

I would still tell your mom--I know it sounds awkward, but she's totally been there and will be able to help you buy tampons and pads when you need them. Even if you know the basics, she can still help you make sure you're using the right product for your body/flow, and she'll be happy that you trusted her enough to talk about it.

Meghan D.

by KatnissGirlonFire on 4/14/2013 12:53:11 AM

@chachamochacha12
I'm so sorry about your mom. You could either straight up ask your dad to go shopping for pads, or if that's too scary next time your shopping tell him you need to go grab something and just go off to the feminine aisle and grab a box or 2 and stick them in the cart. Your dad probably won't say anything.

by dragonsrox1000 on 4/9/2013 10:07:22 PM

i live with my father after my mother died my big sister is in collage and my big brother is in collage too but am 12 and i feel that my period i coming and i donno how to tell my father and how to buy the pads .... am so scared and shy .... pleas help me

by chacha_mochacha12 on 4/8/2013 7:27:25 PM