7 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

10 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

11 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

MOD MOD
So I went to the doc for a physical and she said I will get it within a year. It's been almost a year and I have discharge. I know you get discharge before you get your period I think. I'm confused! Well so far I haven't got my period yet. Any ideas.
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie, not even doctors can predict exactly when you'll get your period. But discharge is a sign, so it could be on its way.

Lauren T.

by APlovesJB on 4/7/2013 6:31:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay this is really awkward for me but...
I have had discharge (at least I think it is) for about 8 months, and I haven't gotten my period yet.
Do you have any ides when I could have it?
Thanks!

Hey peacelove13, mhmm I don't. Periods can be irregular but I'm not sure about the discharge. If nothing happens in the next 2 months, maybe schedule a doctor's appointment. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by peacelove13 on 4/5/2013 8:27:39 PM

Mod!
Is it okay to use tampons with discharge because I have a lot so... Yah

hey! sure, as long as you change them regularly, like 4 hr min 8hr max.

Helen S.

by Aqua0206 on 4/4/2013 5:18:25 PM

Do you love Derek Hough?? Join the Derek Hough Fan club!!

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/3/2013 1:11:49 PM

And my breast hurts really bad

by Poodlelover123 on 4/3/2013 12:42:28 AM

I have been having headaches and stomach cramps does it mean I am getting my period

by Poodlelover123 on 4/3/2013 12:41:26 AM

My breasts are achy, I have a headache, I have had heavy discharge lately, and I don't know what's wrong.

by Haleyiscool on 4/1/2013 11:32:54 PM

What a relief I thought it would hert

by mdenty on 4/1/2013 11:28:53 PM

What a relief I thought it would hert

by mdenty on 4/1/2013 11:27:57 PM

Um could she have meant the cramps you get along with it? Getting your period itself doesn't hurt at all I can assure you..but you might feel tightness and soreness around your stomach area (not sure what to call that..lol) for a few days which is totally normal. Don't worry, it's really not as big a deal as you think..I was terrified to get my period and I got used to it within like a day haha..don't sweat it

by maggie183 on 4/1/2013 7:01:10 PM