AN HOUR AGO Sip this! GL's tasty tea guide to get you through fall:

3 HOURS AGO Will you read the new gender-flipped #Twilight? Still can't get over it:

4 HOURS AGO "I don't have a boyfriend yet. Is something wrong with me?" #DearCarol:

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

So I went to the doc for a physical and she said I will get it within a year. It's been almost a year and I have discharge. I know you get discharge before you get your period I think. I'm confused! Well so far I haven't got my period yet. Any ideas.
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie, not even doctors can predict exactly when you'll get your period. But discharge is a sign, so it could be on its way.

Lauren T.

by APlovesJB on 4/7/2013 6:31:48 PM

Okay this is really awkward for me but...
I have had discharge (at least I think it is) for about 8 months, and I haven't gotten my period yet.
Do you have any ides when I could have it?

Hey peacelove13, mhmm I don't. Periods can be irregular but I'm not sure about the discharge. If nothing happens in the next 2 months, maybe schedule a doctor's appointment. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by peacelove13 on 4/5/2013 8:27:39 PM

Is it okay to use tampons with discharge because I have a lot so... Yah

hey! sure, as long as you change them regularly, like 4 hr min 8hr max.

Helen S.

by Aqua0206 on 4/4/2013 5:18:25 PM

Do you love Derek Hough?? Join the Derek Hough Fan club!!

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/3/2013 1:11:49 PM

And my breast hurts really bad

by Poodlelover123 on 4/3/2013 12:42:28 AM

I have been having headaches and stomach cramps does it mean I am getting my period

by Poodlelover123 on 4/3/2013 12:41:26 AM

My breasts are achy, I have a headache, I have had heavy discharge lately, and I don't know what's wrong.

by Haleyiscool on 4/1/2013 11:32:54 PM

What a relief I thought it would hert

by mdenty on 4/1/2013 11:28:53 PM

What a relief I thought it would hert

by mdenty on 4/1/2013 11:27:57 PM

Um could she have meant the cramps you get along with it? Getting your period itself doesn't hurt at all I can assure you..but you might feel tightness and soreness around your stomach area (not sure what to call for a few days which is totally normal. Don't worry, it's really not as big a deal as you think..I was terrified to get my period and I got used to it within like a day haha..don't sweat it

by maggie183 on 4/1/2013 7:01:10 PM

Keep your salads lightly dressed. Too much dressing on your fresh greens can hold more calories than you think and leave your salad soggy. Yuck.
Your first few weeks at school have FINALLY come to an end and:

Dairy is necessary for a well-balanced diet.

What's *your* star quality?l

CLICK HERE to discover your star power...and snag a sneak peek at a sparkling new series!