3 HOURS AGO It's never too late to amp up your summer style: http://t.co/bXH4z4Ugr4 pic.twitter.com/ubs979sxcu

4 HOURS AGO We're loving this GL reader's fave makeup essentials: http://t.co/iEMvhf3EkL pic.twitter.com/Qdg2MHnuVD

5 HOURS AGO Crushing on the cutie that asked you out in June? Make sparks fly *this* school year: http://t.co/CwXiu6Nmin pic.twitter.com/3qlcXEzLyy

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

i've had my period for a year and a few months, and i can promise your period dose not hurt, your sis was just trying to be mean. yes you may get cramps, but i find pain killers like the ones above effective. if your allergic,or cant take them, a heating pad, and physical activity can help.if your feeling sad,or mad try chocolate,it has chemicals in it that make you smile.

by jelly_bean on 4/1/2013 1:57:11 PM

hi i just had my period yesterday and it was very sore down there. is that normal?

Hey girl, yep, sometimes when you get your period it can be sore down there.  If you're worried, talk with your mom, a nurse, or a doctor.  And here are some helpful tips for how to handle PMS.

Karin E.

by luvmyrock on 4/1/2013 11:34:39 AM

For my cramps, I fill an empty plastic water bottle with warm water. Then I just place it to my belly area and usually it helps with the cramps. That's just my remedy! ^^

by susiemoocow on 3/31/2013 10:46:36 AM

I actually find that my period itself hurts a bit, and I get really bad cramps, and even though I'm not allergic to painkillers, most every kind of them just make me throw up! Any other ways to make them go away? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You can also cure cramps with an ice pack or by putting your feet up or laying down, and you could try taking the medicine with food so you would be less likely to throw up!

Meghan D.

by taylor_swift_luvr13 on 3/30/2013 11:19:46 PM

I've only had my period once, and I had a few little back cramps, but they went away pretty quickly.

by c1o2p3e on 3/30/2013 9:00:49 PM

Hey girl, don't worry about it. Sometimes it just happens that way, trust me! lauren r. Helen S.

by winkpc101 on 3/30/2013 11:37:18 AM

huh...the only time I ever got cramps with my period was my first one...

by kewauneegal on 3/30/2013 10:33:07 AM

periods themselves usually don't (and shouldn't) hurt. the cramps, however, do. i usually have cramps for 2 or 3 days before and after Aunt Flo...but some of my friends who have gotten their period don't have cramps at all. it's specific to the person, so your sister's cramps/pain may not be what you experience.

by the_girl_in_goal on 3/30/2013 8:39:32 AM

It doesn't hurt at all! Don't worry! The only thing is you will probably get cramps!

by lilyyum on 3/30/2013 2:08:09 AM

recently i started getting cramps, it hurts so bad.Frown but Advil does the trick.

by i_luv_devin on 11/19/2010 1:06:09 AM