11 HOURS AGO #QUIZ: Where will you meet your next crush?

13 HOURS AGO Going #BlackFriday shopping tonight/tomorrow? This will help:

15 HOURS AGO Check out GL's #TurkeyDay playlist:

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

Hi! I turn 13 in October and have been having A LOT of discharge...I have hair "down there" and have a lot of cramps. My chest usually hurts even with light older sisters and my mom isn't much this a sign of pms? It has been going on for about a week...any ideas or helpful hints? Thanks, Samantha

Hey girlie, check out this page and see if it helps: We have everything you need to know about all things period!

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by sammyglee on 9/13/2010 3:22:18 PM

what does it feel like when you get your period? im 12 and been having alot of period symptoms. i just wanna know what it would feel like so i could be able to identify when i get my period.

Hey girlie, it kinda feels like you wet yourself and you'll have some abdominal discomfort.

Paige T.

by metrostation3xx on 8/15/2010 12:48:44 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!! I am 12(today actually) and i still haven't started my period. I am having all of the signs like some discharge,some hair down there, some pms, and cramps sometimes. All of my friends have already started their periods and I really want to start mine just to see what its like. Does it sound like i am going to start my period soon? PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!! tnx ~D~

by Giggles_4_life on 6/7/2010 2:14:08 PM

i need help...ive been getting discharge in my underwear for less than a month. today i had HORRIBLE stomach pains like ive never felt b4 when i couldnt bend donw 2 pick anything up,couldnt cross my arms over my stomach(even really light pressure)and i couldnt laugh it was soo painful.i have hair"down there"4 a few months,brest buds 4 bout a year, but no armpit hair and i need help thnks <3

by dtink3rbell on 4/23/2010 4:19:38 PM

Hi, im 13 and i havent had my period yet. i have cramps all the time and i have A LOT of dishcharge. i have hair in those places and my chest usually hurts when i even hug someone. my mom had her period when she was my age or younger and same with my sister. when do you think i will get it?

by believer777 on 4/21/2010 8:33:14 PM

I'm scared to get my period but I sorta want it so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I need some advice. Thanks Smile

by hitthemall#1 on 4/20/2010 6:06:37 PM

MOD mod mOD!!!
i have had a lot of discharge in my udiess lately. My mom says that i will prob get my period soon. Im 11 and only two of my friends have theirs. Im scared that i will have mine at school and everybody says that yu have your period when u carry a purse to the bathoom. I dont know how to keep it a secret and how do i prepare for it? thanks Smile

You could always stick something in your pocket to be discreet. No one will be able to see that. Also, check out our articles for tips like that. Here's a page that might help:

Kayla C.

by QTpie8871 on 4/15/2010 4:51:57 PM

Kattrox421. Hi, I can help I suppose... =]

1. I've never used a tampon before, but I'm pretty sure pads are much easier to insert.
2. Depends when you got it. It usually only lasts for 5-8 days though. It does come back, but I'm not sure how much later.
3. YES. Def. They're called cramps. They usually feel like a big huge bubble of gas in your stomach.
4. Welllll.... I would say not to, unless your period is really light.
5. Its very different for every one. Usually your on your period for about 5-8 days, and then its gone for 28 (?? I THINK) days, then comes back?
6. Different for every girl. Around 8-15
7. Yes! When swimming you have to wear a tampon though =]

Hope I helped!!!

by FrenchMani<3 on 4/8/2010 1:37:28 PM

When I got mine it didn't hurt at all. I was just going to the bathroom, normally, and the next thing I knew, I saw red stuff. It doesn't hurt, just feels wet sort of.

by FrenchMani<3 on 4/8/2010 1:31:51 PM

mine didnt hurt it justs sucked cause i was on a family trip and i didnt eat lk the whole time and i couldnt try the food or really enjoy myself cause i was alway thinking of it Frown
but it really doesnt suck that much

by graceygirl77 on 3/17/2010 12:02:43 AM

Always running out the door in the morning? Take the extra millisecond to put both backpack straps on your shoulders to prevent back injuries down the line.
What do you wear on your lips?

I need eight glasses of water a day to be healthy.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!