Bridget M.

is modding

2 MINUTES AGO GUYS take notes! This is how ya get a girl to kiss you under the mistletoe: http://t.co/clBpvS11XK

AN HOUR AGO 5 super cute Christmas manis to rock right now: http://t.co/PdcCen0EDE

2 HOURS AGO Find out how Santa made this little girl's real life dreams come true: http://t.co/IJavBkaP0Y

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

MOD MOD MOD Hi. Usually my discharge comes out very slowly and then dries before I can even notice it. But lately, it's been, like, gushing out. I constantly have to change underwear (even with pantiliners in) because I am always soaked. Why is this happening? It's never happened before.

Hey girl, I can't say for sure why that's happening, but I can say that discharge can be very unpredictable. The whole period process can be very unpredictable in general, so you're probably fine. If you're worried though, let a parent know or maybe see the doctor.

- Gabrielle

gabrielle m.

by Elita on 3/8/2010 1:00:25 AM

****MOD*** MOD*** MOD** ok so i am 14 and have not had my period yet but i have discharge and all the signs. I dont really know what cramps feel like but sometimes i have pains in my lower stomach, and others the pain is like right over "down there" im not sure if this is really bad but im scared that i will never get my period Frown

Hey missy, don't fret your period is on its way. You're having all the signs so I'm sure it's coming. It's important that you spend this time getting prepared for it. Head to our Period Page to learn all about periods, cycles, tampons and anything else. x0x0

Lynae P.

by color*my*world on 2/28/2010 2:47:03 PM

OK, 4 girls who haven't gotten their period, yet, it's not that bad. When I got mine, I didn't have cramps, or mood swings. I didn't even notice until I got home from school, and went to the bathroom. Mine looked brownish. Sorry, if this is gross, but just saying. It IS different for every girl. But, again, it's nothing to worry about. Some signs to look for are, that your breasts are getting larger, you might have discharge in your undies, and you might have cramps. You may also be moody. After you get used to pads, you might want to switch to tampons. I know some of you are afraid, but tampons have instructions inside the box. And it is waaay more convenient than pads, trust me!(plus, you can swim with them in!) I will suggest that the ones with the plastic applicators are easier to insert than the cardboard ones.Any questions? Ask Mom or any other trusted adult.~Taylor S rox97

by Taylor S rox97 on 2/26/2010 9:18:54 PM

I think that I'm going to get my period soon and I have huge cramps and I think that it's appendicitis but, my mom thinks that its my period.Is she right and is true that if you have more than one woman in your household, that you will get your periods around the same time?

by ForrestRun515 on 2/24/2010 7:17:32 PM

im 15 and for the last 4 days my discharge has become thicker (not cottage cheese like lol)then on the 3 day there was blood in my nickers but when i wiped the discharge was blood streaked should i go to the GP or is this my first period i also have back ache and belly cramps :S

Hey girl, check out this
page and see if it helps:

We have loads of
info on your bod to help ya out!
, Your Blog
Patrol Babes

Megan R.

by littlekai15 on 2/23/2010 5:39:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!! hello,the thig is iv been looking at websites and all the the things that happen to you before you get a period have all happened to me...im not sure when ill get my period.please help my.i donno why,but I want to have a period it sounds...cool? And anouther thing.....this clear stuff comes out of my vagina and the hair on it makes it SO itchy! what shoud i do? Tnx Dream Bubble.

Hey girl!

Periods can come as early as 8 years old for some girls and as late as 16 for others. It all just depends on when your body is ready. The clear stuff is called discharge, and it's totally normal so don't freak out! It is a part of your body's cycle, and could be a sign that your period is close. But don't stress or try and rush your period, it will come when the time is right for you!

Allee S.

by Dreambubble on 2/9/2010 7:53:50 AM

MOD
I do competitive swimming, I dont have my period yet but I'm scared to use a tampon. I hear its supposed to hurt the first time and I dont want to use one, but I have to if I want to keep swiming. Any advice?

Hey babes, it doesnt hurt. Just try using Playtex slimfits the first time around. They are easier cause they are skinnier than regular tampons but work just as well. xo JANA

jana k.

by bubbles~<3 on 2/7/2010 12:09:00 AM

Hey,
i just got my first period yesterday at school, and i have had horrible cramps and back pains. so it really depends on the person. But it really isnt that bad just be prepared. Is it weird to take a shower while your on your period? do you leak?

by shannonp on 2/6/2010 12:20:37 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! I'm almost 13, and all the signs indicate i probably should hav had my 1st period last summer. a day or 2 ago, i was really bloated and had this weird stomach cramp. it lasted a few hours then went away. what do u think this means?

Hey babe,

I'm not a doctor so I can't answer for sure.  But don't rush your body!  Some girls get their periods when they're 10, some when they're 12, some when they're 13, etc.  Your period will come - I promise Smile

Lauren C.