10 MINUTES AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 cool cats power up with a Mojo Vogue BattStation 5600 from @goibattz: http://t.co/NHrxMRKGmT

AN HOUR AGO 4 lip balms that you can actually eat: http://t.co/y3nvZba2B2

13 HOURS AGO Are you the kinda girl who goes with the flow? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/ukcFkXMyGl

COMMENTS

Does it hurt when you first get your period?

My older sister told me that when you get your first period, it hurts a lot--now I'm really scared! Will my first period be really...

MOD: My friend has had her peiod for a year and it apparently it doesn't hurt her. But she always says that she can not sleep over when shes on it. I havnt have mine so idk if theres a reason she cant sleep, plz tell me if there is/.

Hey babe! She's probably just not comfortable sleeping over in case she leaks at night.  She may not be wearing tampons yet, and that's why she feels uncomfortable, and so she's avoiding an awkward situation.
Megan R.

by bellegirl on 2/2/2010 6:40:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I got my first period two days ago. I was watching a video about Miley Cyrus on E. I went to the bathroom and there was a huge, dark, red stain. My mom was out buying bagles for lunch, since it was a halfday. I told my younger sister and showed her my underwear. When my mom got home she confirmed it. Now a few close friends now. My mom and me bought a lot femine prodoucts today. Is it weird that I got my first period before my older cousins?

Hey girl! Its not weird because everyone gets it at different ages.

Eryn G.

by cloxoxo on 1/31/2010 8:22:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MDO
All my friends have had their periods for a while and I don't have it yet. I am 13 but they all got it kind of early. The weird part is I started getting boobs earlier than them and am still a little bigger. I weigh a little less than the rest of them, is that why I am getting it later than them?

Hey girl! Nope, it really depends on genetics. Ask your mom when she got hers and you will prob get yours around the same time.

xoxo

liz
Liz L.

by askaquestion on 1/30/2010 10:17:08 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! do u hav 2 weigh a lot to hav ur period? cuz i only weigh 90 pounds, and im 5'3 and prbly should have had my period already... thanks!!!

Hey girl, check out this page and see if it helps:

Sammy d.

by ea2797 on 1/23/2010 3:43:36 PM

Hey girl, check out this page and see if it helps:

Sammy d.

by ea2797 on 1/21/2010 6:35:18 PM

thanks mod(: do you think im gonna get it again soon though???

Hey girl! Hard to say. Every girl is different so I really couldn't answer that for you. Just be patient!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by PINKIEprincess on 1/18/2010 12:30:33 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!! ok so i got my period for the first time last month around the sixth-ish and i havent got it since, but a couple minutes ago for just a few minutes i had small cramps( thats how they were on my period though) so does that mean im gonna get my period again soon???? Im concerned cuz i dont wanna be unpreped at school!

Hey girl! For the first year or so, it's pretty normal for a girl's period to be unregular. You may skip a few months here and there but it should become more regular within a year or so!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by PINKIEprincess on 1/18/2010 12:20:52 AM

When i first started it was the first day of 7th grade, but luckily i knew before i went. and it didnt hurt at all

by EmoDirtSk8rChick on 1/13/2010 11:28:42 PM

MOD! MOD! what do period cramps feel like? are they like when u run the mile in gym or does it feel jst like a stumachache? tnx!!!

Hey girl, just feels like a pain in a lower hip -- similar to a running cramp. Rest assured, however, not all girls get cramps with their period.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ea2797 on 1/13/2010 9:05:46 PM

heyy! i got my period 2 days ago! today i woke up and came down stairs and i turned around to pick up my hairbrush that was on the stairs and there was a trail of blood it was so horrible and to make it worse it was just me my dad and my brother in the house! ive also heard that using tampons an kill you is that true!?!? also is it normal to get big blobs of blood come out??? and am i ok to go swimming with my period? byeee x

Hey girl,

You can swim on your period, but make sure that you are using tampons. Be careful and make sure that you are changing them frequently to avoid getting toxic shock syndrome, which is rare, but can cause death. You get it from leaving a tampon in for too long. It is normal to have a heavy period. For more info, check this out:  http://www.girlslife.com/hub/bod-squad.aspx

xoxo Keltie