1 HOURS AGO This story brings a whole new meaning to lifesaver: http://t.co/j4fDRmuQ66 pic.twitter.com/E8ZchgAuao

2 HOURS AGO Get over your ex FAST: http://t.co/QqrU53dOIN pic.twitter.com/fD485SA1mJ

3 HOURS AGO Going on vacay next week? Here's how to store your stuff in style: http://t.co/Wg2b7iJO2U pic.twitter.com/dxbzJnRwvQ

COMMENTS

TSS: The Real Deal

That disease is TSS, or Toxic Shock Syndrome. TSS is a very rare bacterial disease, and it can be fatal. But you don’t need to...

Dont wear panty liners in your swimsuit cuz they might not work as well with all the water that is being absorbed anyway. I would use a light absorbancy tampon.

by *gabs*! on 12/28/2010 9:23:33 PM

Mod!
Okay so why cant you wear a pad in the pool? is it ike bad for you or something? Sorry I know i sound kinda dumb but im new to puberty.
Thanks!

by paramoregurl on 12/28/2010 2:14:49 PM

hey mod, so i just read someone's comment about swimming and tampons, so is it ok to wear pantyliners in the pool if your period isn't heavy? cuz mine is usually heavy the first 2-3 days but after that it becomes light. so can i use pantyliners in the pool then?

Hey girl,

I wouldn't use pantyliners in the pool - they are still made to absorb liquid, so they won't really do much to absorb your period when they're full of pool water! If your period is light, just use a light tampon and you'll be good.
Lauren C.

by ankitsa124 on 8/22/2010 3:15:22 PM

I love giving advice on anything !!!!! so please leave comments on my page !!!!!!!

by jordyn1237 on 7/24/2010 10:09:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD Ok so im starting middle school in like a month and a half and we're going to have to take swimming lessons....the only prob is that i dont wear tampons.I dont want to either.So what am i supposed to do when i got my little "friends" monthly vist and have to swim in school?????? help!!!!!!

Hey! Wear panty liners in your swimsuit. They're not noticable so you don't have to worry about that. Also just so you know when you're in water your flow usually slows or stops. It's better to be safe than sorry though.

Helen S.

by Dogyocatyo on 7/20/2010 1:39:57 PM

Hey mod please answer my question but I just wanted to say that I looked it up on the Internet and someone asked it on yahoo answers and a Woman/girl said it was just old blood and since it was the end of my period it was just your bodys way if cleaning it self. So I guess I'm cool.

by selena_wiz_lover on 6/11/2010 11:56:09 AM

I wish I could offer you the right advice, but I think the best thing to do in this situation is talk to a family member and go see a doctor. That way, you can make sure everything's alright. Hope this helps!

emilie b.

by PeakPumas on 6/5/2010 11:54:12 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!

by PeakPumas on 6/5/2010 11:44:45 AM

today i went swimming with a tampon for the first time, becuz ive never worn 1 b4. and after like idk 3 or 4 hours i went home. it hurt REALLY bad when i tried 2 take it out. is there a pain free way 2 take it out?

by sophielew2 on 5/29/2010 5:32:35 PM

hey girlies!
I know the GL moderators do a great job of answering questions, but they are busy gals! if you have any questions about tough stuff, school work or anything else, come to my profile and I would be happy to see all your fun profiles and stories!

by Olivia T. on 5/27/2010 12:47:00 AM