3 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls can get their flirt on: http://t.co/c0HifzMGQb

7 HOURS AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

8 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

COMMENTS

TSS: The Real Deal

That disease is TSS, or Toxic Shock Syndrome. TSS is a very rare bacterial disease, and it can be fatal. But you don’t need to...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey!! I have this fear that one day when i try to pull a tampon out the string is gonna break! Is this going to happen? How would you get it out if that happened? ThanksSmile

hey babes, that isnt going to happen but I guess if it does, you either have to reach up there and grab it ( a tampon isnt going to escape into your body so dont worry) or you will have to go to a doctor and have them get it out. xo JANA

jana k.

by Fieldhockeystar on 1/28/2010 11:17:42 PM

Mod Mod Mod
i don't like using pads but tampons scare me. my mom said that im too young and said that i should change my p. more offten and just dosen't want me to get TSS. plz reaply!!!!!

Hey girl, TSS is super rare so you're not likely to get it, but it's important to change your pad regularly to protect yourself against protection. Aim for every four hours.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Tiger Lily on 1/27/2010 8:04:34 PM

*MOD MOD MOD*
hey-- i dont know what to do. i dont wear tampons but i am finding blood everywhere on all my clothes and everything! its all dry and wont come out. it is very heavy and SO uncomfortable. i am freaking out i just dont know what to do.
thanks!

Hey girl, check out this
page and see if it helps:

We have everything you need
to know about all things period!
, Your Blog
Patrol Babes

Megan R.

by irishkaren on 1/26/2010 6:21:56 PM

MOD~ would it be ok to wear a tampon from like 7-11:30 then change it from 11:30-3:30? thats how long my school day is. thanks!

Hey girl! Sounds okay. But, it depends on your individual body. See how it goes, you'll know when you need to change it!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by ilovegiraffes45 on 1/24/2010 9:54:26 PM

I left mine in for like 8 or 9 hours at school for a week. My temperature got hotter, I got cramps and I felt sick.....MOD?????? Help

by livvybee365 on 1/23/2010 2:20:38 PM

srry Alyssa B. I read the question one more time and had a different view....... mi bad

S'alright. Sorry for the confusion, girlie.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by coolchick110 on 1/22/2010 10:59:07 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I am not afraid of tampons, I am afraid of TSS. I know that it is really rare, and I realize that I won't get it if I change the T every 4 hours, but I sometimes get this feeling that the rare bad thing is going to happen to me. I always feel like something bad is going to happen to me, or I am going to be in line for something and they run out right when I get up. How can I get over this fear? I know that it is stupid, but I can't help it!

Hey girl, I know exactly how you feel, but remember this: life isn't worth being worried about every minute: you'll never be able to enjoy it if you're dreading the next moment. Take a deep breath and know that more than likely, you won't get TSS. You can always use pads if you feel more comfortable with it, but don't worry about TSS, girl, really. Take care of yourself and just enjoy the ride. Highlight the good things that happen to you over the bad and stay optimistic. Bad things happen to everyone, but good ones do too.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by coolchick110 on 1/22/2010 10:58:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD Alyssa B. answered one of ladybuglover28 's questions which asked which hole to put the tampon in. Alyssa B. answered, either hole will work. Blood only comes out of one hole right?? Plz answer cuz I am like totally confused!!!!!!!

Hey girl, I think you're misinterpreting because I def didn't mean it like that; I may be referring to another part of the question. The thing with tampons is they just take a little practice putting in (and there is only one hole). Read the instructions -- or ask your mom for your help. You'll get the hang of it in time. Sorry for the mix-up.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by coolchick110 on 1/22/2010 10:45:56 PM

i have swimming lessons next week and i have my period. i missed the lesson today cuz i got it, but i dont wanna miss a whole week of lessons. also i am scared to use a tampon.. like does it hurt?? i just dont know what to do..

hey girl,

definitely don't hurt! try pearl (plastic) my fav brand, and ask your mom to help you!

Sammy d.

by jwanner on 1/22/2010 5:17:36 PM

mod i was just wondering what AIDS is ?

hey babes, AIDS stands for Acquired Immune Difficiency Syndrome. It affects the bodies immune system to the point where you can no longer fend up disease. xo JANA

jana k.