15 MINUTES AGO 4 tricks for getting awesome posture: http://t.co/QnEpRETbMV

AN HOUR AGO From Me to You by @ElizEulberg is the *perfect* winter romance story! Snag a copy of @this_is_teen's book here: http://t.co/QNRQKJ2LN2

AN HOUR AGO What's that, you say you're not a #Bellarina? #GLbella #bellathorne #arianators #jk http://t.co/gS4sd08i9I

COMMENTS

TSS: The Real Deal

That disease is TSS, or Toxic Shock Syndrome. TSS is a very rare bacterial disease, and it can be fatal. But you don’t need to...

TSS is really really rare, and unless you get these symptoms, you really shouldn't worry about it.

by supersingershannon on 7/22/2009 9:07:30 PM

OK, now i know this will sound weird but I've trid to put a tampon in, but it always stings to insert it. Ive tried 3 different times and i cant get it past the opening. Is there a problem with me?

by serenabeana on 7/22/2009 8:37:03 PM

********MOD*********MOD**************
I've started using tampons but only for one period. I can put them in very easily and i like them a lot better than pads. But whenever I take it out it still hurts. Once Blood leaked out and got on my underwear, but it still hurt when I took it off that time. I use tampax pearl regular and I know lites won't work. WHY DOES IT STILL HURT WHEN I TAKE THE TAMPON OUT???

Hey girl, although you might be used to inserting, that doesn't necessarily mean that your body is used to it. You still have to give it some time. Think of it as breaking into new shoes. It needs some getting used to.
<3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by dance4evagrrl on 7/22/2009 6:37:18 PM

***MOD***** Why do people say its bad to have a tampon in for more than 4 hours, but 8 hours when you sleep? i hate wearing pads to bed because i always have to wear two.! is it safe to wear tampons to bed?

when you sleep your body is laying flat which causes you to bleed less.  That is why you can use one tampon for the full 8 hours with no leakage!  However, during the day when you standing upright, the bleeding can be heavier and therefore it is necessary to change your tampon more frequently!  So yes, it is safe to wear tampons to bed!  Give it a try!

Brooke E.

by xxtwizzy2xx on 7/22/2009 12:01:11 PM

ok this is kinda really weird but imortant to know at the same time, because im considering using tampons but im super scared!! Ok here it goes: How do you pee when you have a tampon in?
gross i know but whatever!

Hey babe, they are different holes so you can pee while you have a tampon in but some find that uncomfortable and take the tampon out anyway.
katelin s.

by kelsabrams on 7/22/2009 12:43:47 AM

MOD!!! i know other ppl hav said this but tampons scare the heck outta me!!! like putting cardboard and wat not into my body down there! EW! but pads really bother me cuz my flows pretty heavy and i forgot 2 bring pads with me to a 3 hour long meeting followed by 2 hours of shopping! i almost died it felt all icky and stuff, plus is it weird that i feel more comfie in thicker pads? thin ones just dont do it for me they feel weird and i dnt like changing them as often .Laughing) i ttly understand if u cant get back to me but thanks a lot if u do !!!
LOVE Cassie!!! Laughing

Hey babe, sorry I had to edit some things out. Tampons can be intimidating but trust me, they're not as bad as you think! Just test it out and if you don't like it, stick with the pads and try again later. Thicker pads are fine, you should stick with what ya like.
katelin s.

by GODALLASSTARS!!! on 7/21/2009 11:31:05 PM

can u sleep w/ a regular tampon in ?

by tennisplaya on 7/21/2009 4:47:34 PM

ok i put a tampon in and than 2hrs l8r i go to the bathroom and my period leaked through my tampon it did tht 2ce y iz tht iz at the highest absourbency but it leaked y is tht

by tennisplaya on 7/21/2009 4:46:44 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! okay i hears that you can sleep in a tampon.is that true??im affraid to try it cause im not sure if you can without getting tss.help me pleasseee!

Hey girl,

You can totally sleep with a tampon in. You'll be fine. But it you feel uncomfortable about it, then set an alarm to get up and change it during the night.

Mel

Melany T.

by reesescup96 on 7/21/2009 1:07:26 PM

i dont need tampons yet but if i go swimming i cant were a pad and tss sounds scary!!!

by singasolo on 7/14/2009 2:33:44 AM