AN HOUR AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

4 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

5 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

How to help a friend who may have an eating disorder

It can be scary when a friend develops an eating disorder. Here’s what you can do...

by Princess Keziyah on 3/1/2012 6:58:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD,Why Doesn't GL Ever Talk About Animal Abuse?It's A Import Issue & I Think Lots Of Girls Would Be Concerned About It.The Do Like Everything From Human To Fashion Abuse But They Never Mention These Poor Animals.

Hey girl,

Totally agree, this is a huge issue and one that is important to us! Thanks for your suggestion - and if it's important to you, make sure you get involved somewhere like an animal shelter. That way, you can make a difference and improve these conditions! <3
Lauren C.

by EddyKala on 3/1/2012 3:21:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So, I have a question. I am 10 years old, 5th grade, 4 ft 7 in, and about 85 pounds. Am I over weight? My doc says I'm healthy and everything. But I feel fat. Most of my friends are about 89 pounds, but they look skinnier than me! I don't know why! Am I fat or not? I also feel like I'm starting puberty... Like, my hips are wider, boobs bigger, and other stuff, could that have anything to do with my being overweight? AM I overweight?

Hey New_York_City, I don't think you're overweight. Your doctor said you were fine too so no worries. Everyones body shape is different. Someone could weight the same, but the way the fat is distrubted on their body is different. You're defintely fine, embrace those curves girl. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by New_York_City on 2/29/2012 7:52:56 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD
So I had a friend who used my closest friend and would manipulate her and everything. she apologized many times but she would just do the same thing over and over again and she would go through that kind of cycle with everyone. Once she is called out on something, she'll get better and be fine for a little bit but then it'll start all over. It's like she forgets. Well this one thing was big and I was giving advice to my close friend about the other friend and the other friend found out. So I called her out on EVERYTHING. About how she was a bad friend and that she was being selfish and not considering others. None of it was lies and just the brutal truth. Now she's fine, but I know it won't last. I feel bad though. I'm sick and tired of all the drama and without her, my life would have considerably less drama. The thing is, she considers me one of her best friends. I'm tired of the apologies, I'm tired of everything. What should I do? Any advice? Thanks!!!

Hey ♫RockOn64♫, I think you should end the friendship. So many people have brought her selfish ways to her attention and she just refuses to change. Maybe ending the friendship will motivate her to change herself. Even then you need to be completely postive, she has learned her lesson. You defintely don't need a friend like her girl. Hope this helps!  Xoxo

Lynae P.

by ♫RockOn64♫ on 2/29/2012 6:56:00 PM

Lynae P.-- thanks! Smile

by SuperSquirrel on 2/29/2012 6:55:25 PM

I wish my friends were comfortable with discussing depression with me, I know I have it even though no one believes me so I resorted to cutting in a way that no one really suspected. I wish they would just accept issues like this and I wish they would ask me to share things. Its hard when even my parents won't believe me.

by Aislinn120 on 2/29/2012 5:55:32 PM

I was watching a video on youtube about an 8-year-old anorexic. It is really sad that girls that young worry about their size... =(

Join my club, Ice skating Queens! Whether you skate, you love to watch, or just want to look into skating, come check it out! From Skating Stars to Skating Shoes, its all about skating! See ya soon! =D

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 2/29/2012 12:26:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD... what kind of tests do doctors run to see if you have an ovarian cyst? and what happens if you have one? i have an appointment tomorrow and i'm worried
thanks!

Hey SuperSquirrel, an ultrasound will probably be done. The doctor will just take a thin wand and move it in your body and pictures of your system will show on a screen. Through looking at the picture of you on the screen they will be able to tell if you have a cyst or not. If you do happen to have one, you can either take birth control pills or pain killers to treat it. If it's a little more serious, you may have to get surgery. No worries girly, I'm sure they'll be gentle and they'll explain everything to you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by SuperSquirrel on 2/29/2012 12:18:10 PM

@jackieluvz
just like depression and all that other stuff you listed. eating disoders are serious too. a lot can happen if you dont eat, your bones can weaken, etc. and anorexia is a psycological problem and depression is a psycological problem too. and GL is doing a great job. i have seen them write about other stuff not just anorexia and eating disorders.

by j4zm09 on 2/28/2012 9:05:20 PM

Hi guys plz jion my clubs i hav only 2 rite know but ther is artistic lovers thats one and theirs is life worth it....yes

by emorocket12 on 2/28/2012 8:39:40 PM