13 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

14 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

15 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

How to help a friend who may have an eating disorder

It can be scary when a friend develops an eating disorder. Here’s what you can do...

plaese go to my clue: Boys being mean get back at they get fit.
i miss spelled the name of my clue soooo the name i was going for is: Boys being mean get back at them get fit.
Luv. Schoneboom<3

by schoneboom on 2/28/2012 8:21:31 PM

I have a friend with really hard life, and she cut herself ONCE. She says she wont do it again, and since it was a one time thing, i wont tell anyone, but i am worried. Anything I can do?

Keep an eye on her. Be there for her and give her support. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by madkitty99 on 2/28/2012 7:25:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! Do I have a yeast infection? I will itch down there every once in a while but I also have really sore breasts and awful mood swings, I don't know what's up. I saw a post similar to this but she was a little different
Please help!

Well that kinda sounds like your period. So that may be the issue here. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by physicschick on 2/28/2012 7:20:37 PM

Society needs to stop focusing on primarily eating disorders, and recognize the other mental illnesses and struggles teens go through. Depression, bipolar disorder, social anxiety, ect. are all equal to, and possibly worse, than eating disorders. Nobody takes note of these though. I think GL should write an article about one of the mental illnesses I just listed.

by jackieluvz on 2/28/2012 6:47:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My best friend is changing schools either this monday or in april if I come with her. But the thing is, when I ask my Mom she disagreed and thought it wasn't reasonable since there would only be 3 monthes left of school. I tried asking 3 times, and she still says no. I want her to listen to how I feel before she objects, but she doesn't stop for me to say something. I'm really frustrated, and I want to go to the same school as my bff, because it's near my house and it would be more convenient for both my parents and me. And if my friend leaves, I'll have to be in this club at school by myself, and I don't think I can quit. Help???? Frown

Well I think you should wait out the last 3 months. At the start of the next year you can go to this new school and everything will be easier in general. Transferring in the middle of the school year can cause problems so I think your mom is looking at that and deciding it would be best just to finish out the year. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by cloudyday on 2/28/2012 6:31:25 PM

***MOD MOD MOD***
My best friend admitted to me that she self harms. She says she's never cut, "well, actually, she did once but it was so small it was pathetic" (Those were her exact words). She made me promise not to tell anybody, but I told my closest friend (who is also a friend of hers) because I didn't know what to do. She also promised that she'd stop, but I don't think she has. In fact, I think she's started cutting, because she's always wearing these thick bracelets around her wrists, and whenever I ask her if I can see one, she says yes, hands me the bracelet, and sticks her hand in her jacket pocket so I can't see her wrist. I really don't know what to do. Help me, please!

Confront her about it. She needs your help. If she already told you about it once Im sure she will again so if you ask he whats going on and offer your help im sure she would love it. Just give her emotional support. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by sammac7 on 2/28/2012 4:57:48 PM

Number eight is especially important. I struggled with bulimia for about a year and a half. I'm an athlete and tried telling some of my closest friends/teammates. They seemed concerned at first, but never really told me they were here for me. I think that's the reason why I'm still struggling to deal with it emotionally. It would be nice to have your friends constantly checking in on you.

by laura123 on 2/28/2012 3:54:56 PM

Thank you for posting this article! It's National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, so it's especially important to pay attention to this growing issue.For all of those girls hating their bodies, PLEASE stop for the sake of your well-being. I know society and the media make us hate ourselves, but it is not worth it. Stop before you develop an eating disorder. If you want a suggestion for a positive resource, I find the website proud2bme.org very helpful for keeping up good body image and helping with eating disorder recovery.

by egf.lizzie on 2/28/2012 3:37:50 PM

*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD
Should I play lacrosse or track? I'm a freshman in high school and I can't decide to do lax or track? I'm pretty fast and with track I feel like I could end up getting a leadership role or like even winning races and medals. With lacrosse I'm totally new and I don't know anything. I went to a few practices and Its fun but It's confusing so I don't see my self making varsity soon and there's no chance of me getting to be captain. I want to lax because I have friends doing it and it seems like it would be easy to carpool. In track I don't know anyone. In lacrosse there are cut uniforms and we do team bonding and team dinner. In fact there is a team sleepover Saturday. Track is also safer. and Lacrosse is expensive. What should I do????

I think you should base it on which sport you like more. Not what the clothing is or the friends in it. Choose the sport youll excel in and really enjoy. That way you dont regret your decision. Youll make tons of friends in track btw. so if I were you I would choose that. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by ninadasiy on 2/28/2012 3:07:54 PM

Hey girlies!!!! Please comment on my profile if you have any questions about anything!!!! I give advice on evrything!!!! Girls nothing is tooo embarasing!!! I will answer back on your profile ASAP!!!! I promise i check back on girlslife alll the time!!!! LOVE YOU!!

by ally =) on 2/28/2012 2:30:42 PM