1 HOURS AGO He spilled the beans about your crush—what would you do? http://t.co/kLUPJpNn4K

3 HOURS AGO 4 fab ways to do fur this season: http://t.co/o6CFtNvOHj

4 HOURS AGO Oh snap—is your future lookin' bright? Check out this week's #horoscopes to find out: http://t.co/ayjfrfE8MP

COMMENTS

How to help a friend who may have an eating disorder

It can be scary when a friend develops an eating disorder. Here’s what you can do...

by Princess Keziyah on 2/28/2012 10:35:04 AM

MOD!
O I once caught my friend trying to do dieting, but I convinced her out of it! And guess what? She is only 70 pounds. No, I am not in 4th grade.

by New_York_City on 2/28/2012 10:17:59 AM

plaese go to my clue: Boys being mean get back at they get fit.
i miss spelled the name of my clue soooo the name i was going for is: Boys being mean get back at them get fit.
Luv. Schoneboom<3

by schoneboom on 2/28/2012 2:51:19 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I have had repeated weight loss and gain, and it scares me. I weighed in every day for a week, and every single day my weight was different by up to 5 lbs.!!! I also always pay attention to calories, and all the girls in middle school attended a thing on eating disorders, and now my friends and I think I have anorexia. Frown

Hey girl, it's actually normal for your weight to go up and down a bit between days, just depending on when you weigh yourself, or even what you're wearing!  But if you feel like your eating habits have become unhealthy, or you are too worried about what you eat, I really encourage you to talk to an adult.  It's really great that you are thinking about your health, and reaching out for support (to a teacher, parent, or counselor) will help you make sure you are on track.  Take care of yourself, and remember that being healthy and happy - at any weight - is beautiful.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Lilac444 on 1/10/2011 8:56:23 PM

MOD: I am 12 years old, and I am 5 feet, 3 inches. I weigh 111 pounds. Is that overweight?

by heartflowers on 8/20/2010 12:13:10 PM

I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you're OK! If you're worried about your weight, talk to the doctor at your next visit to see where you are in the weight range for your age/height group!
Katie R.

by heartflowers on 8/20/2010 12:12:29 PM

*MODMOD*
okay so im 14 years old, 5 foot 1ish, and like, 97 pounds. i think im really fat, like a huge stomach bulge and everything but my friends dont. they always make fun of me for not eating and think its funny that i kinda have a problem. then me other friends is 90 pounds and a little taller then me and SUPER skinny cause shes really really active and eats SO much. like, im so jealous, but she always trys to convince me that im skinnier then her, which i know isnt true.
i hate my friends making fun of me, i think im fat, and i know im not skinnier then that one friend.
help?

Hey girl, I have to say that by your measurements you definitely are not fat. You should probably talk to someone about this.
Kayla C.

by angelbanana23 on 3/26/2010 7:36:12 PM

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc. , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Marie H.

by flip-flop14 on 3/3/2010 5:06:08 PM

**MOD**
I am never hungry, like ever ! Like I only eat because I have to survive. I don't eat that much, I don't eat breakfast, I barely eat lunch because the school lunches are gross, and I eat small dinners. I almost never snack either, and I stay away from junk food. Everyone (even the teachers) have said I've lost a ton of weight in the past year. Is that normal??

Hey girl, you def need to eat and food can be really good: so long as you eat the right kind. I can't say it's normal: it could be the sign of an eating disorder or worse (eck!). You def need to talk to someone. Try eating fruit or healthy snacks: you'll find good tasting, healthy food will help you look and feel your best.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by in_love_with_#16 on 2/3/2010 9:10:04 PM

I had an eating disorder last year and had to go to the hospital for a few weeks. im all better now though!
but i think a few of my friends might have eating disorders. Frown i want to help them

by strawberrysmiles on 1/30/2010 10:59:16 AM