6 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

7 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

8 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

How to help a friend who may have an eating disorder

It can be scary when a friend develops an eating disorder. Here’s what you can do...

MOD
i'm 5'6" and 103 pounds. my freinds say i'm really thin, but i think i'm fat. i eat really fast natureally. the other day my dad commented on how i "wolfed my food" and i've started resticting what i eat. i never eat breakfast, and have small lunches and suppers. if i eat something unhealthy i feel bad. i don't even have to take a deep breath for me to see my ribs when i look in the mirror and my hips stick out a lot. what do i do?
MOD

Hey girl! You might want to talk to the doctor about healthy weight and eating habits.
Eryn G.

by rubynelawafer on 12/27/2009 8:18:11 PM

Mod, I think I may have a friend that could end up with an eating disorder soon. she sometimes eats but, if she eats its extremely small portions. and she says she is fat.

Hey girly, oh no I hope she doesn't have one. Keep watching her behavior and if you think she might have one, try to get her some help. If you have a school counselor, set up an appointment for her. If you don't get one of your parents or a trusted adult to help you find a local psychiatrist for her. Eating disorders are serious problems. Smile

Lynae P.

by sixteengirl93 on 12/9/2009 6:37:17 PM

Hey Mod! I'm not overweight or anything, but I want to lose about 3 - 4 pounds and tone my body a little bit, especially my abs. I'm also having trouble getting motivated to exercise. Do you know of any ways to get good exercise indoors (it's 10 degrees outside. I also don't have any friends nearby to exercise with) and tips to lose a little weight?

Hey babe,

Do squats, lunges, sit ups, crunches, push ups in short intervals. Start out doing small repetitions (5 on one side, 5 on the other) and work your way up. It won't take much time, but it'll tone and tighten your muscles and make you appear slimmer.

xoxo Keltie
Keltie E.

by bookbutterfly on 12/7/2009 10:51:33 PM

i eat when im hungry.So sometimes i skip a meal and ppl get mad @ me and tell me 2 eat... but im
not hungry!Its annoying

by football playa 4eva! on 12/6/2009 4:10:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD lol my friends always say i have probs about eating because im 10 years old and i am 79 pounds and 5'1 feet tall so... what should i do and i already eat alot its just that i work out alot plus im a size 6 in pants and im a XS in tops so what should i do? (some people say that im a walking stick)

Hey girl! Ignore other people. As long as you are eating, and eating healthy, you are perfectly fine. Some girls are just naturally slimmer than others. Plus, your body is still changing and growing and will continue to change and grow until you are about 18. DOn't worry... you will get your curves as you get older!

xoxo

liz
Liz L.

by dram_gueen1o1 on 12/5/2009 11:22:59 AM

Everyone thinks i have an eating disorder but i dont i even eat and i just have a fast working metabilism and nobody can seem to understand that not even my family!! they talk behind my back about this and i'm getting fed up and i want it to stop it hurts really bad i'm now alone at school they think an eating disorder is contagous! Can i get any tips???!!!!

by emily2036 on 11/26/2009 9:56:23 PM

Mod
me and my other friends think one of my friends has an eating disorder. She almost never eats food at school lunch and says she "forgets it" a lot. we offer her some of our lunches but she won't eat. But at her house and stuff she eats a lot. She is also overweight and I think she is self conscious about her body. Do you think it sounds like she does? And If she does how can I talk to her about it without hurting her feelings (she is very sensitive).

Hey girl, it's hard to say for sure but something's up. You've done all you can at lunch -- try asking her straight up if everything's alright. Tell her you're there for her and you just want to make sure she's ok. When she's ready to tell you, she will. If things get too serious though, don't be afraid to talk to a guidance counselor or even your 'rents about it. Sometimes getting an adult involved can help get to the root of what could be a serious prob.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by bballplaya23 on 11/25/2009 8:31:05 PM

MOD i think my cousin might have a eating disorder because when we were having a sleepover at my grandmas house my gandma made mac and chese and my cousin got a realy tiny bowl and it barly had any food in her bopwl and she diddt even eat brakfest.i got a small bowl too but the bowl barly had any food init so when i was done i went to get more food when she saw me she told me that if finished my food i was going to be fat and nobody will like me.but im skinny but im super tall and she very thin and looks vey pale. what should i do.

Hey girl! She might be feeling a little insecure. Try talking to her and seeing whats up. If it turns out she is feeling pretty down, try telling an adult who can better handle the sitch!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by liliana82398 on 11/24/2009 7:54:24 PM

MOD
This helps so much! I've been looking for advice like this for a long time. I guess my friends kind of recovered because I thought that they probably had full blown anorexia. Now, 3 of my bffs have bad body image. All of them are SUPER skinny but they are super concerned with not eating too much. Like, they eat energy bars for breakfast AND lunch and barely ever snack on ANYTHING. Then, they talk about how fat they are. What should I do to help them? Thanks.

by soccerbee683 on 8/3/2009 6:25:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD: Are there any eating disorders that make you fat? I am way overweight (almost 200lbs.) and I just can't say no to food it's like an addiction. I am constantly eating and eating WHY??

Hey Girl, Check with your doctor for the healthiest plan to get you back to healthy life style again girl.

Cara T.