15 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

16 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

17 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

5 Questions Every Future Super Sitter Needs to Ask Herself

Is babysitting right for you? Before you prepare to battle dirty diapers and play 100 rounds of peek-a-boo, answer these simple questions to see if it’s is the job for you!

al those questions are a yes to me! but.. sigh.. i am just 10 years old. not only am i not old enough to babysit, but i still get babysat. i get upset about the whole baby thing. so shes my biggirlsitter. lol

by emma333 on 7/7/2010 1:56:47 PM

mid mod mod I feel like I'm going to puke ! I haven't feelt this bad in acwile I haveva headach but my stomic so I don't want to take annthimg but last time I piled was 5years ago I don't want to c my food from 2day againg plz help

Hey girl! I'm so sorry. Try to get some rest.

xoxo

liz
Liz L.

by girlzrock123 on 12/20/2009 12:08:15 AM

moddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is eleven to young to babysit?

Hey girl, 13 is usually when teens start to babysit, but if you're interested, you might be able to help out a relative while they're home.  Best, Kristen <3

Kristen Y.

by XxrainbowgirlxX on 11/28/2009 11:34:57 AM

MOD MOD MOD What are some fun activities I can do with a 4 year old girl? The girl i'm babysitting is getting surgery, and she can't do much for about a week. What are some fun (and quiet) activites I can do with her without playing board games or watching TV?

Hey girl! Pick up some coloring books and do some crafts with her! GL has some great ideas here: http://www.girlslife.com/category/crafts.aspx. You can also bake with her and make fun cupcakes to enjoy together!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by Twilighter134 on 11/17/2009 10:56:58 AM

i took a course for babysitting and i want to take a CPR course as well. My freind said that i shouldn't, but should i listen to my heart or should ilisten to my friend?

by Casey313 on 11/11/2009 7:23:59 PM

I'm 11 and my mom said I can start taking babysitting classes. I can babysit my moms coworkers kids. ones 4 and ones 7 Laughing

by micah365 on 11/5/2009 3:08:13 AM

MOD.....
I am 11 and I want to start babysitting. I know how to change diapers, CPR for toddlers, babies and adults and children. I also know how to cook and do other basic stuff. I sometimes kind of babysit for my old babysitter now that she has two kids. She is always there when I babysit but it isn't like she's doing any work or anything. Plus most times she wont even be in the room or if we go to the mall or something I will be with the kids while she shops or whatever. Her kids are 1 year and 1 month and the other one is 2 turning 3 in February. They are both girls but her brother has a 2 year old who was born on the same day and year only 11 hours after the 2 year old girl was born so I know how to change diapers for both. Also I love kids and everybody says I am great with them. My question though is am I to young to babysit? Please reply.
MOD....

Hey girl! You are really good with kids, but you might be a little
to young to be a babysitter. You have all the skills of a babysitter,
but might need a year or 2 of experience. Keep on doing what your doing
because soon the parents will trust you as a babysitter, instead of a
mothers helper.

Eryn G.

by pink_princess_9 on 11/3/2009 2:50:30 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im twelve and im not sure if thats old enough to babysit. I can cook, take care of kids(I look after my lil sis and my lil cousins all the time, but I dont get paid) and I dont freak when someone gets hurt. Is twelve old enough??!!
mod mod mod mod mod mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl! It's all about whether you and the mother of the kids you are sitting are both comfortable! I started babysitting when I was 12, and I loved it! It's worth talking to your mom and potential families to babysit for about!

Megan R.

by soccercat14 on 10/23/2009 8:27:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Thanks! I didn't even think to talk to my counsler (she's one of the awesomest people I've ever met, actually). It doesn't bother me when babies vomit, for some reason. It's around one and a half or two that... Yeah. Again, thanks.

Hey, yea def talk to your counselor. Maybe she'll have some useful techniques to dealing with it.
katelin s.

by saysay! on 10/20/2009 9:23:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay. I can handle everything babysitting throws at me... Except one thing; I'm extrememly emetaphobic. Never heard of emetaphobia? Here's the Wikipedia definition: Emetophobia is an intense, irrational fear or anxiety pertaining to vomiting. This specific phobia can also include subcategories of what causes the anxiety, including a fear of vomiting in public, a fear of seeing vomit, a fear of watching the action of vomiting or fear of being nauseated.[1] Emetophobia is clinically considered an “elusive predicament” because limited research has been done pertaining to it.
I can't even heard someone coughing. It's the scariest thing in the world for me. I run away when someone feels sick and starts to cough and hide, covering my ears. This is a big problem, because I love kids, and I've been certified (red cross babysitting course). It's not something I can get over, either; I've had it my whole life.

Hey babe, I can see how that would make you nervous to babysit. For now, try to just sit for older kids, like older than toddlers, since they aren't as likely to vomit as babies. Unless an older child is sick, this is no reason why you should worry about it. Consider making an appointment with a counselor though to work through this. They are trained to help people with problems just like yours.
katelin s.