1 HOURS AGO 19+ stellar polishes to primp in: http://t.co/hHcERJybSS

13 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

16 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

COMMENTS

Be the Best Paid Babysitter on the Block!

Now that you’ve snagged some clients, you have to keep them. To get in with the good families—the ones who tip generously, and keep the...

I babysat for my very first time last night. I am thirteen and love kids. I babysat a little 5-year-old girl and her little brother who just turned one. I babysat from 7-9. I was just wondering, how much do you think I should've gotten paid? I think I was overpaid. I don't want to be overpaid, it makes me feel like a bad babysitter. I got $10 an hour so at the end I had $20. Any advice? Thanks in advance Smile

Hey girlie. Babysitting is a hard job! 10 dollars is a great pay especially for a 13 year old. I think it's fine accepting the money. It's not like you told them that you charge that much. They chose to pay you that so I don't think you need to say anything. Be happy you found yourself a good job!
Elizabeth P.

by Farmers_Daughter_<3 on 12/10/2010 10:37:43 PM

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! Now I know what to . Thanks again!

by troyfamily on 10/27/2010 5:09:36 PM

mod!
hi i have been babysitting for while and im certified.i usualy just take how much the parents give me (hello, i mad 30 bucks!) but i would like to have a set price.what should i charge?

In this economy i would say 8 dollars an hour is a good rate. If you have a set price and realize youre not getting any jobs you may want to lower it. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by babygirl1265 on 10/9/2010 11:02:31 PM

So tomorrow night I am babysitting for a family with 2 kids, a girl, age 3, and a boy who just turned 7. This is the first time I am babysitting for them, and I am not sure what to charge, if they don't ask,I am going to take what they give me, but if they do, idk what to say? I am almost thirteen, btw if that helps. thanks so much! Girls on the site feel free to post a comment advising me too!

Hey girlie it depends on what they want you to do and how long, if they want you to cook dinner, help with homework  than that will cost a little more. You can charge around 8 to 10 an hour or you can always ask the customer to make you an offer.

Paige T.

by PeetaXKatniss on 7/10/2010 9:35:32 PM

I'm trying to start a club but we need to spend alot of money .HELP!

by purplestar570 on 5/29/2010 8:01:57 PM

I'm trying to start a club but we have to spend so much money on supplies.HELP!

by purplestar570 on 5/29/2010 7:58:41 PM

hey girlies!
I know the GL moderators do a great job of answering questions, but they are busy gals! if you have any questions about tough stuff, school work or anything else, come to my profile and I would be happy to see all your fun profiles and stories

by Olivia T. on 5/26/2010 9:17:23 PM

Even though i'm 10 i am taking a babysitting class next year!

by ahichue on 5/17/2010 2:58:51 PM

my uncle and his wife are about to have a baby and im not sure if they should pay me or not plz helpppp!

by anastaciadeane99 on 5/11/2010 6:38:55 PM

thanks so much. it is soooooooooooo helpful.
Sarah D.