AN HOUR AGO #BookClub: Learn to see life in a new way with this incredible new read. More about #BLIND here: http://t.co/qpfkWViM2j

2 HOURS AGO Match your pen to your polish—it's a thing! http://t.co/ue77g0abM8 #GLbeauty

3 HOURS AGO #Peytonators: Chat w/ @PeytonList + score a signed copy this Thurs! Deets here: http://t.co/B9NCcK5yTT http://t.co/eYtj8YkZfk #GLpeyton

COMMENTS

Be the Best Paid Babysitter on the Block!

Now that you’ve snagged some clients, you have to keep them. To get in with the good families—the ones who tip generously, and keep the...

have you seen where the wild things are??? is it appropriate for a 6 year old

Hey girl! I havnt seen it, but I think it is ok for them.
Eryn G.

by kelephant on 10/24/2009 10:33:30 PM

Okay well my neighbor has two kids but she wont let me babysit them until im thirteen. I gave her a flyer about why i am a good babysitter and that i have taken a course but she still wont let me what do i do

Hey girl! She may not feel comfortable, just relax and giver her some time.
Eryn G.

by kelephant on 10/24/2009 10:31:13 PM

by kelephant on 10/24/2009 10:29:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEED HELP NOW!!!!!
MOD,
i sort of know how to take care of kids and all that babysitting stuff. but i wanna take a class for it! do u know of any babysitting classes????
do they have them at the YMCA???? where do u think i could find a babysitting class?????
thx thx thx SOOO much!!!!

Hey girl! You could check your local YMCA to see if they offer the class and you can also check the local hospitals because they usually have classes as well.

Eryn G.

by wonderchic87 on 9/15/2009 1:07:37 PM

i only charge $5 an hour for 3 kids should i charge more?

by volleyballgrl45 on 8/22/2009 8:52:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! I am eleven, (but going into 7th grade). I took a babysitting class where we learned to change diapers, first aid, and they providided me with lots of good material for the kids. I just don't know how to get the word out. Plus, I live in the country, so it's a lot harder. Although, I have two neighbors with kids 3rd grade and younger. What do I do?

Hey chick! Let people know you babysit and that you have taken a great class! Your neighbors would be perfect clients!

Taeler L.

by trumpeter7 on 8/18/2009 5:34:57 PM

MOD!!! MOD!!!!!!
do you have to take a babysitting class to babysit????

Hey girl!  You don't have to take a class to babysit, but it can definitely help you out.  Best, Kristen
Kristen Y.

by livelovedance on 7/23/2009 3:53:59 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Me and my sister want to start babysitting together. Would we split the amount of just one sitter or would we each earn the norm.?

Hey girl!  If you're trying to babysit with your sis, you'll probably split the profits.  Most parents won't want to pay double if they can find someone else to babysit for the price of one.  Best, Kristen
Kristen Y.

by livelovedance on 7/23/2009 3:50:52 PM

I babysit these ultra-cute kids the girl is four and the boy is 6 and they're well behaved but kinda crazy...just a tip, DO NOT let the kids play a board game or card game before bed. I had them play UNO cuz i thought it might be calming...once they got the hang of it, it got a little friendly-competitive and laughing(cards weren't shuffled well and when 6-yr old needed blue he kept pulling green) and everything...then there was apparently some "monster" in the TV(actually a piece of plastic bobbing off of something which we later discovered)...but they had awesome food(cupcakes, little bites thingys, etc.) but I don't like eating other people's food lol...awkward. But i got $10 an hour for 3 hrs which is really good since it was my first job and I'm only 12...plus my birthday was the next day so I got another like $160 or something like that and a bunch of stuff! Plus they knew it was my b-day(weird ik) so they gave me a prezzy! lol...

by xodanielleox on 7/22/2009 10:04:05 PM

I have been babysitting since I was 10 and I have been loving it ever since! I have some advice for 9-10 year olds wanting to make some cash and love kids, When I was 9 I started "mothers-helpering" the parents were there and I just pl played with the kids and did what ever else the parents needed me to do! It helped me feel comfortable and work my way up to babysitting in a house alone. Another piece of advice.... babysit ppl that live in your neighborhood if you can, you know your parents are 5-10 minutes away just incase! Good Luck to all new babysitters!

by abz4997 on 7/15/2009 6:07:10 PM