1 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

2 HOURS AGO 5 workout-worthy headphones we heart: http://t.co/cZ2UKihCJw

3 HOURS AGO #FangirlAlert! We saw @TheVampsband & @AustinMahone and it was AMAZING: http://t.co/VudYOXE2oU

COMMENTS

Be the Best Paid Babysitter on the Block!

Now that you’ve snagged some clients, you have to keep them. To get in with the good families—the ones who tip generously, and keep the...

i want to be certified, but we dont really have any red-crosses around here? what do u suggest! i love kids! and they love me!

by Jewel96 on 2/2/2009 5:08:23 PM

MOD
i teach kindergarten ccd, and there is one girl who i really want to babysit, but I dont know how to approach her parents about it. can you help me?

Hey girl,

If you see her 'rents around advertise your great babysitting know-how. Let them know you're available and would love to help out. Get more great tips on how to be the best babysitter from our "Babysitter's Club" section.

~*Cait

caitlin r.

by smiley128 on 2/2/2009 4:12:46 PM

it all depends

by E-Vollyball on 2/2/2009 12:34:15 AM

im going to start babysitting in the summer.and i already no who im going to babysit.becaues they asked me too.but i know they dont have alot of money mainly to be paying me alot.so should i charge them or should i do it for free. i really enoy being with him.so i was thinking free.but im not sure.

by KellyMarie07 on 2/1/2009 9:36:46 PM

I babysit a lot like every weekend. Babysitting is a great way to make money but some of the prices people are talking about charging is kinda ridiclous.Keep your rates cheap and people will keep calling. I charge only $2 an hour for 1 kid. $5 for 3 kinds. If your being paid $5 an hour for 1 kid your a lucky ducky

by freshmenYAY! on 2/1/2009 12:33:58 PM

I have a big problem. I just babysitted a 8 year old a few days ago. I stayed all night and babysitted and my parents don't think im old enough.

by Ktraven on 2/1/2009 9:30:12 AM

MOD~MOD~MOD
I just started babysitting for a family two doors down and my older cousin. My going wage right now is $5 an hour plus $1 for every extra kid. My dad says that I should raise my price to $6. I don't have a problem with this but I need help starting up the money convo with my clients without sounding mean because they still think that I still charge $5. Any tips?
P.S. Please, if you can post the answer in my profile. thnx.

Hey Girl, just be confident in a subtle way, let them know when you first show up  that your rate is actually 6$ not because you have had more experience, this way you will get the talk done with as soon as you get there. *Cara T*
Cara T.

by flirtygirl95 on 1/24/2009 3:03:26 PM

thats really helpful(:

by abercromdiecutie on 1/22/2009 8:27:11 PM

hey thx 2 everyone who commented here, u all helped me decide how much 2 charge!! i settled on $5 an hour for one kid, plus $2 each additional kid!! whatta think?? yes, im certified.
comment on my profile plz!!

by FrenchHornsRock on 1/19/2009 5:31:24 PM

I got lucky,I babysit for a doctors 2 perfectly behaved kids and he pays 10$ is hour.
I absolutley love babysitting for babies though:

by LexiNicole615 on 1/17/2009 5:08:42 PM