6 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

7 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalk—get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

8 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

Be the Best Paid Babysitter on the Block!

Now that you’ve snagged some clients, you have to keep them. To get in with the good families—the ones who tip generously, and keep the...

caualy bring up that you babysit/could babysit and ask your parents to mention it to and if they still don't sk you to babysit thn it may be because they don't fel comterble because you don't have expirense and you ould resect that then f you would make a good babystter maybe they will whnt you to babyit after you get some exprens or tey may just not need a baby sitter

by peace 16 on 1/11/2009 2:07:54 PM

**mod**
hi i babysit for my neighbor...she has a 4 year old daughter she is very well behaved but she can be a little trying at times. I only do it for 2-3 hours at a time and my 1 of my parents have to be home...i charge $5 dollars an hour..is that a good amount?

Hey girl!

That seems fine.

<3 Brianna
Brianna G.

by violaluvr on 1/10/2009 7:49:46 PM

also...
Don't just wait for a call to babysit. Send out fliers in mailboxes! If you happen to be busy when someone calls and your BFF or sister babysits, you are more then welcome to recommend them to the possible employer.

by mstar on 1/2/2009 11:20:49 AM

for stargazer46 and others as well...
Five dollars for 2 (maybe 3) kids isn't that much money. If it is your first babysitting job and you are not certified then it is a good price, but add 2 dollars more because you are babysitting more than one kid and one dollar more if you are certified.
$5-$10 would be good prices.

by mstar on 1/2/2009 11:18:38 AM

If the child is not well behaved, you can raise the price and explain (politely) to your employer that since the kid is hard to handle, you would prefer to receive more money for your hard efforts.

by mstar on 1/2/2009 10:49:48 AM

*a little trick to first time babysitters*
If this is your first time trying to get a good price and you have no idea what to gain, there is no problem asking your employer what price they would offer you. I would have been happy with five dollars an hour, but my employer offered me ten!

by mstar on 1/2/2009 10:47:18 AM

mod mod mod mod mod
IM BABYSITING in about 3 days im trying to plan out what yummy snacks we're going to make thats easy what should i make? (p.s im 11 and mostly home alone and responsible is this a good idea? )

Hey girl, What about different types of sandwiches? Or you can get a few cereals and make your own mixes. xo Annemarie

Annemarie D.

by scene91 on 1/1/2009 11:03:31 PM

Petite Chica:
I think that 5 dollars is a good price! It of course depends on how many kids you are babysitting. 5 dollars for two kids is a pretty cheap price if its regular. Thats how its is where I live any ways.
People here charge like $12 dollars an hour...just for one kid...its crazy.

by jellyfish2009 on 12/24/2008 5:06:42 PM

I don't really have a certain rate that I tell the parents. They pay me, and I'm good with whatever they give me! Usually they just give me whatever sounds right-- nothing per hour, really. There was this article in this magazine (Was it GL? Can't remember) that showed the average babysitting rate for each state. California and Florida were the highest states: somewhere around $10 per hour! I thought that was a LOT! I live in Wisconsin, and the average for us is way lower.

by ash_bash08 on 12/21/2008 7:33:38 PM

i'm 13 and i have the choice of babysitting and (just a little advice) 1. If the parents don't mind leaving you in their home alone, you got it!
2. tell them the truth how often your parents let you cook on the stove when you're home alone. 3. i personally think you should be at least 13(not just because i'm that age!) 4. Have fun! as long as the kids aren't doing anything that could wreak your business. Have fun! make some$$$$$$$$!!

by noney on 12/19/2008 11:40:44 PM