2 HOURS AGO 5 adorbs gladiator sandals to gear up in: http://t.co/3JCSg00FV9

4 HOURS AGO LOL your way to flat abs with cute 'n' punny workout tanks: http://t.co/gbVy2dpG7Q

4 HOURS AGO Go #BTS with serious style—grab 5 fab @theduckbrand DIYs right here: http://t.co/pgIbeXHHf3 #ducktape

COMMENTS

Serious Sitting Sitches

Parents are counting on you to spot potential dangers—and handle them. Here are ways to avoid putting that info to use: • Know...

Mod: I wanna start babysitting but how do I get the word out. My mom knows many people with little kids but they dont pay me because they call it just a playdate while the parents arent there and i really wanna get pid. How do I get the word out.

Alyssa B.

by jadeelorajansen on 5/19/2011 6:26:26 PM

I knew most of thease from my class i took but it is reashering that some other babysitters know thtis stuff to and that i a not alone if these things ever happened to me!!!!!!!!

by platinumchick2 on 8/26/2010 7:35:08 PM

This will definitely come in handy!

by purpleluver716 on 8/11/2010 4:34:43 PM

MOD,MOD,MOD:
Where can I get training without having to pay for it? I'm not a member of the YMCA and have no idea where the local Red Cross office is. I need this kind of thing to babysit. Thanks ahead of time.

See if an older babysitter in the neighborhood can help you or bring you to jobs with her so you get experience without being with kids on your own.  A Mother's Helper job would accomplish the same thing.  You won't get a certificate or anything, but you'll know what you're doing and can get some business from word of mouth.

Brittany B.

by missnickib on 6/22/2010 12:45:24 PM

Today was terrible, the little girl I was babysitting fell off her scooter and scraped her face really badly. It was the first time someone had gotten hurt while I was babysitting and what the article said is true. Stay calm and the kid will be calm.... and a lollipop can always help too. Laughing

by supergrl1093 on 6/17/2010 9:37:43 PM

mod hey i'm starting babysitting and all my mom's friends have babysitters already and i don't want to put up flyers and stuff because my mom thinks that a sexual predator might hire me, any ideas?

Hey girl, That's a tough one!  I would still your mom's friends know that you're starting up - chances are, there might be a time when one of their babysitters is busy, and would need you to fill in.  Also, they might know other moms and dads who don't have steady babysitters yet.  Also, if you have aunts or uncles, or other friends and family members that live nearby, ask them to spread the word!  Eventually, you will find someone who needs ya.

Marie H.

by amberray on 6/17/2010 6:25:32 PM

mod
hey i might be baby sitting this lady's kids sometime soon how do u get on the parents good side?

hey girl! Just be nice and responsible.
Eryn G.

by sebringobluestreaksgirl on 5/16/2010 7:54:37 PM

*MOD*
I'm only 10, I wanna baby sit soooooo badly. I've known how to do CPR for 3 years and always refresh myself of these important things I need to do during the time I will babysit. I just don't know if people would be convinced that I'm mature enough to baby sit. And 1 more thing, is it illegal to baby sit if you are under the age of 12??

Hey girl,

There isn't really a law that regulates the ages of babysitters, but most parents probably won't consider someone under the age of 12. But it's really good to have those skills, because once people ask you to babysit, they will be very impressed! But before you get a little older, try out being a "mother's helper". Some moms will have younger people come over to help them out with their kids while they're home, but they may be busy working, cleaning, or doing other things around the house. This gives you experience, and the mom is still there in case anything comes up!
Allee S.

by supahstar on 3/4/2010 7:29:51 AM

*MOD*
The little girl I babysit for will not go to bed with out her MOm. I tried everything, snacks, stories, laying with her, T.V. lights on , in her moms bed etc! nothing works please help me she wasnt asleep when the mom got home lkast time and it was embaresing! HELP HELP HELP HELP HLEP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile thanks!

Hey girl! I'm sure her mom knows she has this problem, but if you are really concerned, just tell her mom you tried everything. There's no reason to be embarrassed though!

xoxo

liz
Liz L.

by malorie:) on 2/27/2010 11:36:28 AM

Hey girls, i know many of you have plenty to ask and and I have plenty to answer! So check my profile - *Beth's advice* and trust me when I say this I will get to answer your quests ASAP!

All you have to is post you question on my Profile!And I WILL get back to you.

If you want advice from a chica like your self, ask me!

And unlike the people that answer here I will tell stuff that i had from my own experiences!

Also what is also cool is that some of my friends are going to help me answer some of the more challenging questions

And eventually I'm going to put up a website for all of you senoritas! but for now Go to my Profile and I'l make life a bit easier!

by Beth's Advice! on 2/23/2010 6:14:31 PM