AN HOUR AGO Which British babe is your perfect match? Take the quiz now: http://t.co/PjkKIrbsRW

2 HOURS AGO Kick it with Annabelle as she bags the boy of her dreams in this new must-read: http://t.co/6TZzIKF99Y

2 HOURS AGO So excited to hang with @PeytonList today! What questions do you want us to ask? #peytonlist #GLpeyton

COMMENTS

The Silent Scream: One Girls Struggle With Cutting

Sari Grossman, now 16, is creative, funny and very smart. So smart, in fact, that it’s hard to understand why she decided to cut her...

Hey Neonic, talk to her girl. She's obviously going through stuff and she feels like the only way she can deal with it is by cutting. It may be good that she talks with someone. See if there's a counselor at your school that works during the summer. If not you girls can talk to her. If she doesn't feel comfortable talking to you, tell her to get a journal so she can jot her feelings down. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD !!!
MY FRIEND WANTED TO CUT BUT SHE DIDNT HER SISTER CAUGHT HER AND ME AND MY FRIEND TALKED ABOUT IT BUT SHE STILL FEELS LIKE SHES GONNA DO IT AGAIN WHAT IN THE HECK DO I DOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SRRY ITS SO LONG PLEASE HELP!!!! Lynae P.

by Neonic on 6/16/2012 1:31:09 PM

To Everyone Who Has A Friend That Cuts and Doesn't Know How To Handle It-
My name is Lucy. I'm 14 and a freshman. And I cut. For many reasons. But the biggest one is because I feel invisible and not in control. Cutting makes me feel more present in my own life. It makes me feel like I can control just one little thing. I don't let just anyone see my scars and cuts. If I do let someone see, it's on purpose even if I make it seem like an accident. I like to feel taken care of. When I let someone see my scars and they don't say anything, it makes me feel unwanted and unloved. I want the person to say something. To tell me not to do it, even if I won't listen. It makes me feel loved. So when you see cuts on someone, SAY SOMETHING. Let them know you care and you want them to stop. Even if they seem like it's none of your business, they'll appreciate it. Don't be afraid to be stern. NOT ANGRY. Just stern and serious. Don't act like it's no big deal, because it IS. Let them know you care.

by lalalalucy on 10/20/2011 8:05:43 PM

i used to struggle just like that. and today a girl said i was wierd, and i want to cut but i didn't so now i'm proud of myself

by happygoluckycharms on 8/30/2011 8:37:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So, I struggled with cutting for awhile but i told a counseler and stopped about a month ago. My mom said she would get me a therapist, but then she didn't, and since my school guidence counseler thinks i have a therapist, she doesn't come see me anymore. Well, lately I've just gotten really stress again and have been crying almost every day and am thinking about cutting again. What do I do?!?!?!FrownFrownFrown

hey! tell your counselor you need to see her again and do everything you can not to hurt yourself. remember you are in control of your body and hurting it will not make you happy in the long run. please go here if you feel overwhelmed: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

good luck!
Helen S.

by imnotarainbow on 5/27/2011 6:52:16 PM

Hey girl, I'm really sorry to hear that! I think you should definitely get some help. Check this link out, I think it will do you good, http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx but don't worry! Everything will be oaky! Lauren R.

by ladybugcelia on 8/30/2010 7:54:02 PM

My friend does this. It's so messed up. I just feel so empty inside now. What's the point to life anyway?

by IsabellaLovesYou♥ on 6/20/2010 2:09:49 PM

I feel like doing that sometimes. Last month I developed this habit of scratching my arm and when I saw my crush flirting with this girl,I scratched so hard that I started to bleed. I dont do that anymore though. Now I rip paper instead. hehe.

by xXTINKERBELL2009xX on 6/2/2010 4:38:22 PM

Hey! I understand that things can be hard with friends and they can seem hopeless, but please don't hurt yourself! If you're really upset you need to talk to someone about it, and not keep it inside. Try talking to your mom again, because hurting yourself will not make you feel better about your friends, but your mom may have a good solution to your problem. There are much better ways to find an outlet for your angry and hurt feelings than self-injury. Try taking a walk with your dog or a family member, doing an art project, writing your feelings down, or getting involved with a sport at school. I know you feel like you can't talk to your mom, but you really need to talk to someone you trust about this. Getting this off your chest and getting advice from someone close to you will really help. Try talking with your mom, it seems like you two are close and she will really want to help you. You can also get advice and information from psyke.org which is a self-injury information and support website, or access S.A.F.E. Alternatives at 1-800DONTCUT which is a hotline that will give you a list of therapists in your region who have experience with those who have self-injured themselves. Please seek help from a family member or doctor, they will only want to help. Good luck!

Abby C.
Abby C.

by rocpixi on 5/3/2010 11:46:23 AM

**********MOD***********
thanks for the link. i do see a therapist and i take medicine and i am actually seeing my therapist on wednesday but what can i do to feel better in the mean time??

Hey girl, distract yourself. Do the things you love the most and make you happy. Try not to think too much. =]
Lauren R.

by jazz/tap/ballroom dancenonstop on 4/17/2010 2:36:44 PM

*********MOD************
i feel soo stupid....i have depression and stuff and i used to cut but i stopped. last night i cut again. and now i dont know how to stop...
THANKS

Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear you're in this tough sitch! Just know you'll be fine! I think you should talk to you parents about seeing a psychologist if you haven't already. But check out this link I think it'll help out a lot...  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx it's gonna be okay girl - you can do it! =]
Lauren R.