1 HOURS AGO Get high-fashion hair—even when you’re on the field! Here’s how: http://t.co/0fevI8C9AK

1 HOURS AGO Chat w. @PeytonList + you could win her signed copy of GL! Follow @girlslifemag or visit http://t.co/7oz2xj5ydi at 6p/EST to join #GLpeyton

2 HOURS AGO #RECIPES: 5 fall-inspired smoothies to try ASAP…as in now…as in RIGHT now!: http://t.co/olK6obrCUH

COMMENTS

Teen Pregnancy Resources

Healthyteennetwork.org is a great resource for info on teen pregnancy and parenting. Head to the site and click the "Research and Resources" tab for tons...

i saw that movie the pregnancy pact. those girls are so stupid i know an 8th grader with a child i feel so bad for her and i found out one of my used to be friends might be having a baby

by japanrox12 on 2/13/2010 2:33:47 AM

Hey Girlies!!
You guys know me, Ellie, Ive been giving advice on here for about 3 years now and i have lots of experience. Well, not only do i have experience but i no have an entire Healthy you profile FULL of helpful tips and room for questions from you girls called The Guide to Girl Problems. Here there will always be great tips in two different section called Healthy Lifestyle and Problem/Solution to periods and girl body. Also featured is a section for you girlies to tell me your questions that you think lots of other girls have questions on that i will answer for everyone, and to finish it off i have the normal advice section. Come check it for details!!
Lots Of Love,
Ellie

by hugatree95 on 2/12/2010 8:09:05 PM

I saw part of the Pregnancy Pact. Those girls were so bold and wanted to get pregnant so bad. I was reading online about a girl who was 13 and couldnt tell who the father was because she was having sex with 4 different guys. I think that was just crazy. I think sex is great and is meant to happen in a relationship with one person not 4 different guys. It must be that people get confused because sex feels so good and they dont realize how important the emotional side of sex is.

by luckykel on 2/12/2010 5:38:19 PM

omg this is so sad. why do people do this? it's just so crazy...

by bubblybecca on 2/10/2010 8:41:50 PM

I don't know why so many girls that are our age are so pressured to have sex. Its crazy! Its crazy that ssssoooo many young girls are getting pregnant. Have you ever seen the pregnancy pact? Where all those girls get pregnant that was based on a true story! It was all over the news. I think you should wait atleast until you are an adult with agood job. Babies cost alot of money. Is it even worth that ten minutes. Is it?

by Katiekins130 on 2/10/2010 12:32:30 PM

MOD MOD
One of my teachers is really informative and she told us about a 9 yo and and 11 yo who were in the news last week because they got pregnant and had babies. Some of us didnt believe her but so we looked online and its true. That is even worse than teen pregnancy, that is pre-teen pregnancy. And we were all shocked, she tells us things to wake us up and shake us and that did.
I was wondering if you heard about this, because when I think about that it just makes me sad and scared at the same time? Do we just need to be made more aware of whats going on so if we have friends or we are thinking about doing things like having sex we can help them or us make the right decisions?

Hey babe, Yep, I heard about this. so sad! Frown And I totally agree - I think it's something that's important for girls (and boys too!) to be aware of, if we want to stop unwanted teen pregnancies from happening. It sounds like your teacher is doing a great job! You're really lucky to have her. I bet those kids you read about wish they'd had someone warn them.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by luckykel on 2/9/2010 7:05:34 PM

so sad!

by h2oaddict on 2/9/2010 5:44:44 PM

Just watch Teen Mom! All those girls have gone through a ton and people really don't realize how hard it is. It helps if you have someone like Tyler. He is adorablee. Laughing

by RMLuvvr on 2/9/2010 4:34:45 PM

hey kt_cat lover...so true...one of my really good guy friends mom got pregnant with him when she waz 15 and his dad left her...its so sad.

guys make the baby too...they should have to help raise it just like the mother.

by b ball girl on 2/8/2010 8:14:55 PM

MOD
i think my mom might be pregnant but im not sure how can i tell. i think so just cuz i have this "feeling" how can i tell though

Hey girlie,

There's no magic way to tell, especially if she hasn't been pregnant for a very long.  Just let her know that you've been curious, then ask her!  She can set ya straight Smile

Lauren C.