6 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

7 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

8 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

The Truth About Teen Girls and Drinking

While "partying" can mean just hangin' with your crew, it often includes drinking. Here are some sobering stats—and stories—about teens and alcohol. When Rochelle L. was...

i now pledge to never ever drink alcohol. that stuff is just not worth it!!!

by goaliegirl18 on 12/20/2010 5:11:21 PM

*Sorry about the typo

by SkyGirl7 on 11/11/2010 8:51:40 PM

across_the_universe - I am an Orthodox Jew and in my family, as well as MANY others, uses grape juice for kiddush instead wine. It is completely halachically permissible, so if having the wine really bothers you, you should talk to your parents about switching to grape juice. ;)

by SkyGirl7 on 11/11/2010 8:51:01 PM

I think teenage girls also do drugs, alchohal, and sex, because they wqant to be loved by everyone. and I think the famous people out there also influence them. For example, kesha. she sings about sex and drinking and drugs, iv grown up in a great inviorment. My parents are raising me mormon. and I love that I have that stablity and boundaries. But I have to admit it. Kesha makes even me, want to go partying all night. She makes me want to have sex, and sleep around. She makes it sound fun. She makes it see like there are NO strings attached. No other problems that could come around by this constant partying. But all girls everywher need to learn that there are certain consequences that come to every action or mistake we make.

by SweetKaroline101 on 7/17/2010 10:09:49 PM

Hey girl, unfortunately that's something you have to put aside. Try to separate that from your sis and know what she does behind closed doors is her business. Focus on her personality and you'll find with time things will become less creepy and go back to normal.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by hannah12 on 7/5/2010 11:56:23 PM

MOD MOD this is Very Important! please
my best friend is under aged and she really wants a boyfriend but all the guys in our school are jerks ( i even agree with that) but she goes over to her older cousins every weekend and they go to college parties where my friend says she can finally meet some nice guys. but the thing is she drinks, not just a little but a lot. I've never went with her im way to afraid and i really don't like that whole scene. im pretty against it and it makes me really scared for her when she tells me that she went drinking. i don't want anything to happen to her but she does it so much that she doesn't care what anyone says anymore. she thinks its so fun and then i catch her texting way older men that she met at these parties. like 12 year difference. it's really wrong and she says i need to try it it's really fun, but i am strictly against pretty much everything she does! so we don't hang out that much anymore because it seems like she can't have fun unless there's a drink in her hand. it breaks my heart that her drinking and partying with the older crowd is breaking our friendship. she won't listen to me telling her to stop so idk who or what she will listen to. and i'm positive these older guys she's meeting at those parties don't want a serious relationship with a little girl, they only want one thing. I'm scared something bad will happen to my use to be best friend. Plus her parents know and are completely fine with it because they also let her drink at home with them!! i seriously have no clue on how to help her!!!! so i'm staying away..
just because we aren't close anymore doesn't mean i don't care anymore. Frown

First of all, good for you for being against drinking and college parties! It's definitely not good to get involved in that kind of thing and I think your friend is getting kind of sucked in. I think you're right about the guys only wanting one thing: I don't think the guys she is meeting are really that "nice," as she says. If college-aged guys are interested in people your age, that is not a good thing at all! A 12 year age difference is far too much, and if she goes farther with a guy and she is under 18, that is illegal too. And, of course underage drinking is illegal- and dangerous! That's disappointing that she won't listen to you, and also disappointing that her parents aren't trying to help stop this. Maybe you could talk to her with specific reasons as to why she shouldn't go out to college parties and what could potentially happen. Like, she could black out and not even know what happened! Or she could be too impaired by alcohol to make smart decisions. You could let her know just how dangerous drinking is- she could get alcohol poisoning.

And maybe you could say something to her parents or cousin about how you're worried for her so that they won't let her drink with them. This is a really hard situation, but I'm glad you care about your friend, even if she doesn't seem to appreciate it! For now I'd hang out with your other friends and maybe try to get your friend involved in fun things that don't involve drinking. Maybe you could try to get her interested in guys your age. Good luck!! It sounds like this might be a hard problem to fix, though, so don't feel bad about yourself if she still won't listen. Here's some drug and alcohol stories- maybe you can find a scary stat to share: http://www.girlslife.com/category/drugs--alcohol.aspx. You could also give her a help number: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Vanessa J.

by prima5 on 6/26/2010 3:20:36 AM

I'd never drink! Blacking out sounds so freakY!

by CuteChick on 5/28/2010 5:50:34 PM

o.k some girl said she would smoke or do drugs...i want to be like her but i have to take drugs and staroids because a docter(don't worry a REAL doctor) told me to 4 something

by iwantmyperiod on 5/20/2010 9:43:51 PM

even when your 21 you can drink but not alot so only like twice a month

by creativekid123 on 5/20/2010 7:03:21 PM

DO YOU LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT?
DO YOU NEED ADVICE LIKE NOW?
DO YOU LOVE TWILIGHT?
ARE YOU CRAZY ABOUT SHOPPING?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE, YOU NEED TO COME TO MY PROFILE NOW!!!!!!

by savvylula on 5/3/2010 7:20:55 PM