AN HOUR AGO GL's connecting with the cosmos to cast your #horoscope: http://t.co/6q0cyyIeCt

2 HOURS AGO How to stay healthy during Labor Day cookouts: http://t.co/RthaSviW43

3 HOURS AGO Poppin' pin-worthy BTS nail art: http://t.co/EykNKhp6zB

COMMENTS

Sticky Sitting Sitches

You’re now down with the basics. But how do you handle these out-there babysitting bummers? Dilemma: They keep asking you to sit…then don’t pay you. Solution...

MODMODMOD
K, i really like to babysit and love little kids. The only problem? I'm kinda shy. My mom has tons of friends with younger kids, and i got her to ask some of them for me if i could babysit, but there are plenty of younger kids in my neighbour hood and there are friends of parents, but i don't know how to ask them to babysit for them. Also, would it be smart you put a little thing of babysitting buissiness cards at my dad's office? it's relatively small (about 25-30 employees) and my dad knows everyone and i know some of them too, so would it be okay, or not? Thank you for your time!
~Maddie

Hey girlie! Yea, definitely. Get the word out. Let everyone know. I think the business cards are a great idea.
Marly Z.

by Madeline1844 on 4/6/2011 6:53:18 PM

modmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmdmodmodmodmod
so im eleven and im too young to baby sit but i was gunna be a mothers helper instead there are a ton of little kids on the street over but i dont know how to get the job because no one really wants a mothers helper they all want baby sitters and if one of them wanted a mothers helper then how should i ask or should i just put up a flier some place please respond because the other quesion didnt get an answer
thanks

Hey girl!!  You should definitely try and put yourself out there as far as trying to work as a mother's helper.  You should walk around your neighborhood and maybe put flyers inside doors or mailboxes so families know you're there if they need you!!  You should also put the word out with your friend's and family, they may have connections to someone who's looking!
Natalie V.

by gramsnacks on 9/13/2010 11:01:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay, here is the sitch. I babysit this AMAZING pair of twin boys...and I love to babysit them...and I havn't gotten paid for about 3 months now. Its not like I need the money...but how can I nicely ask without feeling like im being pushy...I (for some reason) think I will be too pushy and they will slowly let me off the job...how can i do this so I dont feel pushy...even though i know Im not! (i understand if u think Im crazy...cause I AM!!! HAHA!!! lol...but seriously, how can I do this...)
THANX for the help!!!

Hey girlie, that's a tough situation. Gently remind their mom or dad that you're working for them and not just doing this for fun. Tell them that you love their boys, but you need to be paid if they want to keep you as a babysitter.

Lauren T.

by icegal on 9/12/2010 9:58:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
I wanna ask my mom if I can start babysitting but i don't know if I'm old enough. I'm 11, really mature for my age, and love younger kids. Do you think I would make a good babysitter?

If its something youre passionate about i say you should ask your mom and do it! Good luck!! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by dogfreak29 on 9/11/2010 9:23:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD new neighbors just moved on my street and they have 2 kids. I wanna babysit for them but i've never babysat for someone im not related to so ive never been paid. about how much do u think i should be paid?

Hey girlie,

It's been a long time since I babysat... prices have definitely gone up since then Smile Try asking some of your friends! See who babysits and what they charge {and hey, get tips for babysitting kids you're not related to while you're at it}.
Lauren C.

by risadancer on 9/6/2010 7:16:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD I finally got a babysitting job!! All I have to do is watch a 1 year old for an hour while his mom watches his older brothers football game. So basically she will be around if I need her. But the little boy gets upset once she leaves, and I just want some tips on distracting him. Thanks!!!

Hey chicky, I’m a busy bee facilitating all the G-Blog jazz. Although I’d love to answer and chat with all ya gals, it’s just not possible at the moment. I’m sure our lovely bloggers here would love to help ya out with some great advice! Thanks for understanding. , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Marie H.

by nwagirl on 9/6/2010 4:56:58 PM

Hey Girlies! Need advice on:
> Boys
> Fashion
> School
> Friends
> Family
> Makeup
> Puberty
> Fights
> Hair
> Music (Piano, violin, viola, cello, and singing)
> Figure Skating
> Parties
> Mean girls
> And Anything else you can think of!

Come to my profile I will answer your question ASAP! I love to give advice and am happy to help!

Love,
~Megan~

by chicka678 on 9/2/2010 2:01:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i want to start watching my cousins when i can, but they never obey me. even when im at their house and my aunt and uncle are there, it seems like my aunt and uncle dont do anything about it. and also, my one cousin fights with me if theres something he wants to watch on tv but i have the remote. how do i get them to obey so that i can offer to watch them once in a while?

You need to be strong as a babysitter. Be stern and punish him if he doesn't listen. He will respect you and start to follow your instructions.

MOD
Charlotte J.

by brooklin175 on 8/26/2010 11:58:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD ok i really wont 2 startt babysitting i took a class a couple years ago and there really isnt any one 2 babysit my moms friends kids are older and i babysat one of them once she is 10 so she can stay home by herself unless it is for a long time i kinda babysat 2 of mmy cousins they are 2 and 4 but my greatgma was there she basically cooked and sometimes would go outside and garden and i watched the kids most of the time my other aunt wouldnt trust me with her kids because she only wants adults watching her kids where do find people to babysit for
p.s. im almost 14

Hey girl, you could let your neighbors, your parents' friends, and your teachers who have kids, know that you're looking for a babysitting job.
Megan R.

by emandemf on 8/25/2010 5:40:01 PM

MOD MOD
I babysit for 5 of my cousins, you'd think that'd be a-ok. Truth be told their worse than some of the other kids I have to watch. First it's my two cousins Abbi and Tyler, I could keep Abbi happy when I sit her at the arts and crafts table but, Tyler is TERRIBLE! I gave them a popsicle and I said they could have two; MAXIMUM! Well, he found the box and helped himself to three more even after I told him not to. We were watching music videos on youtube and Tyler was slinging hairbands at me so, I took them away and he pinched me! I grabbed some Uno cards and layed on the floor and told Tyler to shuffle them, when he was done he handed them back to me, I started to hand them out and he stood up then jumped on my back, right on the spine. Finally their mom picked them up and I was going to tell my aunt what Tyler had done but, she thinks her children are perfect and last time I complained about them, she made it very clear to me NEVER to do it again. HELP!!!!!!!!!

You need to be stern. If he acts out, put him alone in his room in a time out, while you and the other cousins play a really fun game. He will learn to listen after missing out on some fun activities.

MOD