1 HOURS AGO 7 fashion terms you should know going BTS: #WeHeartMakeup http://t.co/RauCFd1QNp

16 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

18 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

COMMENTS

Brat Patrol: Keep the Kiddies in Line

A good babysitter is fun and responsible. Kids can get into trouble in the blink of an eye, so don’t get preoccupied with reruns while...

This girl I babysit acted really bad when I first met her. She back talked all the time and never listened. I stayed calm and provided lots of activities. She just didn't want to cooperate. She finaly cut my nerves and i brought disipline into the picture. If timeout dosen't work it's "do i need to have a talk with your parents?" She does way better now, and we do alot of fun stuff together. Advice for new sitters, Stay nice and calm, but don't let them be boss.

by loulou13 on 8/6/2011 6:55:53 PM

by loulou13 on 8/6/2011 6:53:29 PM

MODMODMODModmod! Ive never really babysat before, and just yesterday i ran a flyer over to my new neighbors house (they just moved in) I talked to them a bit and stuff and i thought it was going really well. I didnt meet the kids, but i know they have a 5 and 8 year old girls. Today they called me and asked if I could come over to their house this saturday to "get to know me" I'm not really sure what this means, so i have a couple questions about it:
1. I'm new to babysitting, so i dont know if a lot of families interview you like this, does it happen alot?
2. What type of outfit should I wear? Sorry its so long, Thanks in advance!! Smile

Hey girlie, that's perfectly normal. They want to make sure that you get along with the kids and they can trust you to stay home alone with their children. Wear something modest like jean shorts that are long enough and a tee or nicer shirt to make a good impression.

Lauren T.

by golferchick124 on 9/1/2010 2:44:19 PM

MOD
I start babysitting a little girl tommorow but according to another little girl who is in her class that i babysit the little girl can be mean and is extremely bossy (i didnt ask her she decided to tell me) im worried that she will be disrespectful if she is what should i do if it gets out of hand? (ex.time out) and what happens if im babysitting both little girls and they get into a fight?

Hi babe,

The little girl might treat kids her age differently than adults who she knows are there to look after her. Be authoritative without yelling at or causing the kid to get upset. Be firm when telling her that she has to eat dinner or turn off the tv or go to bed. If she does not respect you when you are babysitting her then you should talk to her parents about it when they get home and let them know what happened and what you should do to better handle that situation in the future.

xoxo Keltie
Keltie E.

by nellyl on 9/14/2009 10:34:44 PM

I did this and it totally works, print out flyers, similar to a buisiness card, but do 4 to a page. put them in the mailboxes in your neighborhood. people will get them and you don't have to talk to them. If they're interested, they call. If they're not, you don't have to find out.

by sarahrocker on 7/22/2009 5:31:45 PM

MOD
I babysit the kids next door, and thats all the clients I have. I want a SAFE way to get more clients. Any suggestions?

Hey babe.

Ask your friends if they know anyone who might be interested!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by Music4life123 on 6/30/2009 6:46:11 PM

I'm about to start babysitting for the first time, and I'm going to take the Red Cross babysitting class. Though the class is going to help a lot, I am SO thankful for the babysitting section on GL!!! It's really clearing up a ton of stuff for me, like prices and how to deal with bad 'sitting sitches. Thanks so much GL!!!!!!!!

by Shopaholic923 on 6/7/2009 1:57:34 PM

Hey MOD!! What would be a good age to babysit if your 11? Plz help!

Hey girl! I wouldn't go too young. Maybe 5-8.

Jess H.

by clairedancergirl on 4/6/2009 8:30:12 PM

i love to babysit and i just made a poster to put up at my church!!!!

by Rylee321 on 4/4/2009 4:45:04 PM

HEY MOD!!!! i was wondering.... im only 11, so thats kinda young to start babysitting, right? i mean, i wont get much buisness... ill have to stick to neighbors and family.. right? its dissapionting, but if i were to make a buisness, do you think i would last?

I think you should just wait until you're 12.  That's the best age to start babysitting. -lauren

Lauren H.