4 MINUTES AGO 7 perfect prezzies ideas for evry friend on your list: http://t.co/DwFRJuak1n

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 on-the-go gals win a @jellyfishbuzz Go Go Juice Blast portable power bankhttp://ow.ly/F18ib

2 HOURS AGO It's not too late to snag a job for the holiday season: http://t.co/6cozsaG8ub

COMMENTS

Are You Ready?

Messy diapers and sticky fingers all over your homework. The teary 2-year-old who wants her sandwich cut into triangles—not squares!—and the ants-in-the-pants pre-schooler bopping...

i'm afarid to ask my mom if i'm ready to babysit. i don't know why. Well, how could i tell them? And what age do you think is a good one to start babysitting?

Hey, Girl! Sorry for the “stock” message. We’re
psyched you’re here but since this is a super busy time, mods aren’t able to
answer personal advice or contest questions. We’re approving your comments now
so the girls can start offering feedback right away! If you still have
questions, please come back, we’re happy to help…or just let the other chicas
answer now! (They give awesome advice, trust us!) Love and thanks!
, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Lauren C.

by b723sarah on 1/3/2011 4:45:13 PM

Need advice???
my names Jodi and I've been told i give really great advice, so if you need any go to my profile and write a comment that tells me your problem. I will write back for sure!

by jodij123 on 9/8/2010 4:47:02 PM

im 10 and ive technically baby-sat before.im really good with my 6 month old cousin and during my moms softball game i watched another teammates 3 little boys while she played.my mom said that i can babysit,but i dont know any families that have kids who need to be babysat and i wonder if im ready or not.
Do u think im ready?

Hey girl, 10 might be a little young to start babysitting but maybe you could start out more as a "Mother's Helper" where the mom is home, but she is doing work, cleaning or other duties, while you take care of the children.

Vanessa J.

by TwilightRox10 on 8/28/2010 10:22:16 AM

I feel like I'm to young to babysit, but I babysit my cousins that are 6, 1, 3 months and pets. My mom thinks I'm pretty mature looking but I realllllllly want to babysit! Before I babysit I'm going to take a course and shadow with my sister but I feel to young! Please answer fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey babe why do you think you're too young to babysit when you pretty much already do?  As long as you shadow and get certified it will be fine.  If you don't feel comfortable being on your own with kids, you could team up with your sister and she can give you some of the money she makes, or you can be a mother's helper, where you play with the child and babysit it while the mom is home so that she can concentrate on work or chores and stuff.
Brittany B.

by sassygirlh20b on 7/13/2010 12:30:04 PM

***MOD***
Hey im 12 and im plaining to take a baby sitting corse at my local Red Cross center. Im really good with kids and i help babysit my 2 young cousins 1 and 2 years old. Do you think im too young? im just afraid that the parents won't take me suriously when it comes to babysitting. And if i do get a gig how much should i charge a hour i was thinking about $5 but thats because i live in a small town or country. Thxs

Hey girl, I don't think you're too young to take a babysitting course. It's always a good idea to take a course like that, even if you won't be babysitting consistently until you're older. You may need to wait until you're a little older to get lots of babysitting opportunities. Talk to your parents about how much you should charge, but usually the family you babysit for will pay you how they see fit. Good luck!
Abby C.

by rockincat10 on 7/7/2010 2:05:41 PM

me nd my bff are 12 are we too ypung to start babysitting? we babysit her 2 year old baby brother Adriel, my 6 year old cuz Adon, nd my 1 year old baby cousin Isabella. We are really great with kids but r nervous that people won't hire us because of our age. Any addvice

Hey girl, it's true, you are pretty young to babysit. Keep babysitting for your siblings, and you'll be able to tell people who want you to babysit that you've been babysitting your cousins for awhile. You'll be able to babysit easily when you're a little older since you've had experience. Good luck!
Abby C.

by theoneandonlyme13 on 6/28/2010 3:57:40 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm 15 and thinking about getting a summer gig next year as a daycare worker or babysitter. I don't know how to change a diaper. I like hanging out with little kids because of their active imaginations and great energy, but I need to know how to change a diaper to work with younger kids. Please give me a how-to on this or something. I'm the youngest in my family, if that helps.

Hey girl,

I've actually never changed a diaper! Maybe you could start out as a mother's helper and have the mother show you how she does it. You could ask your mom or look up step-by-step instructions online. Sorry I can't be more help! Good luck!
Vanessa J.

by missnickib on 6/22/2010 12:25:52 PM

Is 12 and a half too young to be babysitting? I'm going to the Red Cross class this summer, and I already have a babysitting gig this summer, except the kids are going to be at my house and my mom is going to be there, so I don't really feel like thats actually babysitting. Also, how much money should I ask for if I ever get a job?

Hey girl! It's probably a little young to be babysitting by yourself, so it's good that your mom will be there and you will be at your house. I think that's a great first job to have. Also, I think about $10 an hour is a good price, but usually the parents will offer their price, but if they ask usually $10 is good if you are older.
Hannah D.

by lizztastic on 5/28/2010 10:51:01 AM

ModModMod I have just recieved a summer babysitting job for 5 days a week. I have accepted it and I am experienced and there are 4 kids. The only problem is, they get bored really easily and I dont know how to keep them occupied for about 4-5 hours a day. There are 3 girls and 1 boy. Their ages are
Molly-10