AN HOUR AGO 7 celeb-inspired ways to cure summer boredom: http://t.co/PvDFmaO4oD

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 snag @JFClothing's tight new tee: http://t.co/VrmynrJwjF

3 HOURS AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

COMMENTS

Are You Ready?

Messy diapers and sticky fingers all over your homework. The teary 2-year-old who wants her sandwich cut into triangles—not squares!—and the ants-in-the-pants pre-schooler bopping...

Hey Girls

Need advice but can't trust those GL mods with answering your questions?

Sick of getting messages that say they are too busy for your important questions?

Want a reliable girl your age with tons of boy, body, family, school and stress experiance to answer your biggest questions?

If you answered YES to any of these questions you are personally invited to the grand opening of natalieisyourmod on Saturday Feb 6 at 9am central time

Just write in a comment NATALIE HELP and I, Natalie will answer within 3 days of your posting!

Thanks for reading

Natalie

VISIT US!!!!!!!!

by natalieisyourmod on 2/4/2010 4:09:07 PM

Hey Girls

Need advice but can't trust those GL mods with answering your questions?

Thanks for reading

Natalie

VISIT US!!!!!!!!

by natalieisyourmod on 2/4/2010 4:08:56 PM

Hey, I'm fourteen, do you think that's old enough to babysit? I've never babysat for another family, but I have lots of experiance babysitting, because I have four little siblings: 3 year old brother, 4 year old brother, 6 year old sister, and an 8 year old brother. Plus I'm on homeschool so I help my mom out with her home daycare every weekday. I don't know CPR or anything, but my mom does since she's a licensed home daycare provider, and she could teach me. Do you think I could get people to take me seriously?

Hey girl, when it comes to babysitting, I think it's more about responsibility and maturity than age. Fourteen doesn't seem that young though, and the fact that you have experience sets you apart. Once your mom teaches you CPR, I think that you should have no problem getting jobs.

- Gabrielle

gabrielle m.

by peanut47 on 2/1/2010 1:19:31 AM

MOD
thanks for answering my question. but could you also give me some tips on how to get into babysitting without my sister?

You could ask your teachers if they have kids that need a babysitter, or if they're friends with people who need babysitters Smile
Megan R.

by kgirlpanda on 1/26/2010 5:33:56 PM

MOD
i got a babysitting job which is great. only there are 2 probs-
-they're the only family i babysit for. how can i find more jobs?
-i babysit the family with my sister which i don't like at all. how can i get into babysitting alone?
thanks for the help!

Hey babe, try making flyers that you can post around your neighborhood, school, and community.  You could go to your local elementary school and post a flyer advertising yourself as a babysitter, (give your age, phone number, and availability/experience), Also let the family you're babysitting for know that if they have other friends who have little kids, you would def be interested in babysitting!
Megan R.

by kgirlpanda on 1/26/2010 5:22:36 PM

MOD I babysit every Friday (well, I watch the kids and am responsible for them). Most of the kids are really good, but one of them (his name is Braden) is crazy! He's seven years old, but he acts like a three year old, and it's way worse than the four year old who will hit people sometimes. He won't listen when I tell people to quiet down, and it drives me insane! The last time I watchd them, I had my phone, and I took pictures of them. Everytime they were good, I took a pic of them. He was good at first, because he wanted to be rewarded, but then he just got crazy. I don't know how I'm going to let his parents know, because after I'm done, all the adults talk (it's a bible study). I'm tired of hearing him scream and not listen. How can I stop him from doing this?

Hey girl, I've been there and done that (I was a nanny for a long time). There isn't really much you can do. It sounds like he has some behavioral problems and since you're his babysitter and not a parent, he probably isn't likely to listen to you very well. You could try talking to his parents about it, but if it keeps up and you are really bothered by it, I would try to get another babysitting job. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding one!

- Gabrielle

gabrielle m.

by MathGirl98 on 1/25/2010 3:53:24 PM

MOD MOD HELP I am 12 I whant to baysit I have tried everything I can think of to get a gig I have hung fliers and told all the adults I know that I will babysit plus I live in a really small town I need some money bad

Hey girl! You could be a mothers helper first.

Eryn G.

by softball1112009 on 1/24/2010 6:41:16 PM

Do you want to get more friends? Do want advice from other people your age? Do you want to tell secrets with new friends?
*****
If you do, join the Girls Only Club! I am the president of the club. The Girls Only Club is a club where you can get new friends, get great advice, and just have fun!
*****
If you want to join, comment on my profile. You must have a profile first, though!
*****
If you think up a little job you want, then ask! The first person who asks gets the job!
*****
If you want to join an awesome club, visit my profile and join the Girls Only Club today!

by MathGirl98 on 1/23/2010 1:20:24 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! Hi. I would really like to get into the babysitting buisness. I can handle my younger cousins with ease, and have taken on a old neighbor of mine young kids. But I haven't done any real babysitting in a while. I'm 13, and I can totally handle Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night babysitting. My neighborhood is sorta small, but I know there are a few kids up and down the block. How do you advise I get the word out there I can babysit? I'm CPR certified along with First-Aid Certified. I'm also able to splint legs, make temporary braces, and handle many small medical emergency such as fever, stomache aches, and vomiting. How can I sum all that up, while also appealing to parents since I love kids? Thanks!

Hey babe, I think the way you just put it is fine. If you make a flier for your neighborhood (with your parents' permission of course) you might want to put the list of all the things you're trained to do just so it grabs their attention.

xoxo Allie