5 MINUTES AGO Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After is the most charming book on the shelf. Win a copy from @dkpublishing today: http://t.co/RPdVN6aaJV

AN HOUR AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

2 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

COMMENTS

Are You Ready?

Messy diapers and sticky fingers all over your homework. The teary 2-year-old who wants her sandwich cut into triangles—not squares!—and the ants-in-the-pants pre-schooler bopping...

i'm afarid to ask my mom if i'm ready to babysit. i don't know why. Well, how could i tell them? And what age do you think is a good one to start babysitting?

Hey, Girl! Sorry for the “stock” message. We’re
psyched you’re here but since this is a super busy time, mods aren’t able to
answer personal advice or contest questions. We’re approving your comments now
so the girls can start offering feedback right away! If you still have
questions, please come back, we’re happy to help…or just let the other chicas
answer now! (They give awesome advice, trust us!) Love and thanks!
, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Lauren C.

by b723sarah on 1/3/2011 4:45:13 PM

Need advice???
my names Jodi and I've been told i give really great advice, so if you need any go to my profile and write a comment that tells me your problem. I will write back for sure!

by jodij123 on 9/8/2010 4:47:02 PM

im 10 and ive technically baby-sat before.im really good with my 6 month old cousin and during my moms softball game i watched another teammates 3 little boys while she played.my mom said that i can babysit,but i dont know any families that have kids who need to be babysat and i wonder if im ready or not.
Do u think im ready?

Hey girl, 10 might be a little young to start babysitting but maybe you could start out more as a "Mother's Helper" where the mom is home, but she is doing work, cleaning or other duties, while you take care of the children.

Vanessa J.

by TwilightRox10 on 8/28/2010 10:22:16 AM

I feel like I'm to young to babysit, but I babysit my cousins that are 6, 1, 3 months and pets. My mom thinks I'm pretty mature looking but I realllllllly want to babysit! Before I babysit I'm going to take a course and shadow with my sister but I feel to young! Please answer fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey babe why do you think you're too young to babysit when you pretty much already do?  As long as you shadow and get certified it will be fine.  If you don't feel comfortable being on your own with kids, you could team up with your sister and she can give you some of the money she makes, or you can be a mother's helper, where you play with the child and babysit it while the mom is home so that she can concentrate on work or chores and stuff.
Brittany B.

by sassygirlh20b on 7/13/2010 12:30:04 PM

***MOD***
Hey im 12 and im plaining to take a baby sitting corse at my local Red Cross center. Im really good with kids and i help babysit my 2 young cousins 1 and 2 years old. Do you think im too young? im just afraid that the parents won't take me suriously when it comes to babysitting. And if i do get a gig how much should i charge a hour i was thinking about $5 but thats because i live in a small town or country. Thxs

Hey girl, I don't think you're too young to take a babysitting course. It's always a good idea to take a course like that, even if you won't be babysitting consistently until you're older. You may need to wait until you're a little older to get lots of babysitting opportunities. Talk to your parents about how much you should charge, but usually the family you babysit for will pay you how they see fit. Good luck!
Abby C.

by rockincat10 on 7/7/2010 2:05:41 PM

me nd my bff are 12 are we too ypung to start babysitting? we babysit her 2 year old baby brother Adriel, my 6 year old cuz Adon, nd my 1 year old baby cousin Isabella. We are really great with kids but r nervous that people won't hire us because of our age. Any addvice

Hey girl, it's true, you are pretty young to babysit. Keep babysitting for your siblings, and you'll be able to tell people who want you to babysit that you've been babysitting your cousins for awhile. You'll be able to babysit easily when you're a little older since you've had experience. Good luck!
Abby C.

by theoneandonlyme13 on 6/28/2010 3:57:40 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm 15 and thinking about getting a summer gig next year as a daycare worker or babysitter. I don't know how to change a diaper. I like hanging out with little kids because of their active imaginations and great energy, but I need to know how to change a diaper to work with younger kids. Please give me a how-to on this or something. I'm the youngest in my family, if that helps.

Hey girl,

I've actually never changed a diaper! Maybe you could start out as a mother's helper and have the mother show you how she does it. You could ask your mom or look up step-by-step instructions online. Sorry I can't be more help! Good luck!
Vanessa J.

by missnickib on 6/22/2010 12:25:52 PM

Is 12 and a half too young to be babysitting? I'm going to the Red Cross class this summer, and I already have a babysitting gig this summer, except the kids are going to be at my house and my mom is going to be there, so I don't really feel like thats actually babysitting. Also, how much money should I ask for if I ever get a job?

Hey girl! It's probably a little young to be babysitting by yourself, so it's good that your mom will be there and you will be at your house. I think that's a great first job to have. Also, I think about $10 an hour is a good price, but usually the parents will offer their price, but if they ask usually $10 is good if you are older.
Hannah D.

by lizztastic on 5/28/2010 10:51:01 AM

ModModMod I have just recieved a summer babysitting job for 5 days a week. I have accepted it and I am experienced and there are 4 kids. The only problem is, they get bored really easily and I dont know how to keep them occupied for about 4-5 hours a day. There are 3 girls and 1 boy. Their ages are
Molly-10
Anna-8
Nick-6
Lucy-4
I am 14 and the job is right across the street. Please Help! Smile
~Tori

by Cheerchick1996 on 5/27/2010 4:47:11 PM

Check out my profile for babysitting help!!! Smile TTYL girlies!!1

by HorseRider101 on 3/31/2010 12:43:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I am 11 turning 12 in 3 weeks and I have this one babysitting client every now and then. I just got called to babysit tomorrow for the first time alone without the rents' supervising because they thought I am kinda young for babysitting but if I do this good do you think they could become my regulars? I wanna get red cross certified this summer, but I took a class in church with a paremedic about babysitting with other girls my age and we learned C.P.R. and other things. Do u think thats enough training or should I get more?

Hey girl, it's quite possible they could become your regulars. It's all up to the family. If the class at your church was "red cross certification" then I think that's enough. But you should have your certification. =]
Lauren R.

by Sara3502 on 3/15/2010 8:11:23 PM

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be a babysister.I have taken the class and I also have a kit.But my mom says I am a little young.I am 11 years old almost 12.She says she will tell her clinets but I don't think she is.

by smudgiegirl10 on 3/2/2010 7:10:43 PM

hey girls!
tired of waiting hours for your questions to get answered and not getting an answer that your satisified with? ask me any question and i'll give you my best answers. just post your question on my profile and i'll get back to you in a day.

-sillyheart17

by sillyheart17 on 2/25/2010 7:55:05 PM

Hey Girls

Need advice but can't trust those GL mods with answering your questions?

Sick of getting messages that say they are too busy for your important questions?

Want a reliable girl your age with tons of boy, body, family, school, stress, beauty, babysitting, health, hair, friend, bullying and so much more advice to answer your biggest questions?

If you answered YES to any of these questions you are personally invited to natalieisyourmod!

Just write in a comment NATALIE HELP and I, Natalie will answer ASAP!

Thanks for reading!

Natalie

VISIT US!!!!!!!!

by natalieisyourmod on 2/24/2010 1:07:04 PM

Hey girls, i know many of you have plenty to ask and and I have plenty to answer! So check my profile - *Beth's advice* and trust me when I say this I will get to answer your quests ASAP!

All you have to is post you question on my Profile!And I WILL get back to you.

If you want advice from a chica like your self, ask me!

And unlike the people that answer here I will tell stuff that i had from my own experiences!

Also what is also cool is that some of my friends are going to help me answer some of the more challenging questions

And eventually I'm going to put up a website for all of you senoritas! but for now Go to my Profile and I'l make life a bit easier!

by Beth's Advice! on 2/23/2010 6:33:33 PM

Need advice on anything? Come check out my profile, ive been through everything and i love helping people. Check it out!! Smile <3. I <3 You!!

by cloboog on 2/20/2010 8:57:47 PM

I'm eleven and i want t start babysitting i always babysit for my twin 3 year old brothers who aren't potty trained my 5 year old cousin and 2month old cousin. My mom taught me medical stuff i should know about and everything. I'm taking red cross babysitting classes and I'm really nervous to start babysitting other kids I need advice

Hey Girl! If you can babysit your own family, you should be just fine! Usually other kids in other families are more respectful towards babysitters than kids in your own families. Just remember what you learned and you'll be great! xo Lizzie
lizzie n.

by anastaciadeane99 on 2/17/2010 4:13:36 PM

MOD MOD I'm 12, i'll be 13 thursday. I don't have babysitters training so I was wondering; do you need training to be a baby sitter? Thanks

Hey chicky, I'm super busy right now. I'd love to chat and answer your question, but it's just not possible at the moment. I'm sure our bloggers would love to help ya out, trust me they give great advice. Thanks for understanding. xoxox Lynae

Lynae P.

by livelovetwilight on 2/15/2010 1:18:01 PM

Mod mod mod I'm thinking about babysitting(finally) um im 11 now but my rents say when im 12 i can start sitting. I'm in a CPR class through my school and i already have a client but im so nervous any thing a 6 and a 9 year old sisters would like to do. plus my friend says she want to start a sitter service 2gether but im a little iffy about it still AHHHHHHHH HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl! Start slow and take on a few clients. Get some experience and then you can't decide if you want to go into a little business with your friend or not. Try it out and get used to it before making any big choices. Good Luck girl!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by Sugerbaby98 on 2/14/2010 9:14:35 PM

Feel like you cant express yourself to these columns? ** **
** **
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *

Dont know how to word it?
Come to my profile at
sarahs advice Laughing
and leave ur messages!
I'll not only give FANTASTIC advice, but hold contests
once in awhile, so stay tuned!

Thanks!
sarahs advice Laughing

by sarahs advice :D on 2/5/2010 11:49:27 PM

Hey Girls

Need advice but can't trust those GL mods with answering your questions?

Want a reliable girl your age with tons of boy, body, family, school and stress experiance to answer your biggest questions?

If you answered YES to any of these questions you are personally invited to the grand opening of natalieisyourmod on Saturday Feb 6 at 9am central time

Just write in a comment NATALIE HELP and I, Natalie will answer within 3 days of your posting!

Thanks for reading

Natalie

VISIT US!!!!!!!!

by natalieisyourmod on 2/4/2010 4:09:07 PM

Hey Girls

Need advice but can't trust those GL mods with answering your questions?

Thanks for reading

Natalie

VISIT US!!!!!!!!

by natalieisyourmod on 2/4/2010 4:08:56 PM

Hey, I'm fourteen, do you think that's old enough to babysit? I've never babysat for another family, but I have lots of experiance babysitting, because I have four little siblings: 3 year old brother, 4 year old brother, 6 year old sister, and an 8 year old brother. Plus I'm on homeschool so I help my mom out with her home daycare every weekday. I don't know CPR or anything, but my mom does since she's a licensed home daycare provider, and she could teach me. Do you think I could get people to take me seriously?

Hey girl, when it comes to babysitting, I think it's more about responsibility and maturity than age. Fourteen doesn't seem that young though, and the fact that you have experience sets you apart. Once your mom teaches you CPR, I think that you should have no problem getting jobs.

- Gabrielle

gabrielle m.

by peanut47 on 2/1/2010 1:19:31 AM

MOD
thanks for answering my question. but could you also give me some tips on how to get into babysitting without my sister?

You could ask your teachers if they have kids that need a babysitter, or if they're friends with people who need babysitters Smile
Megan R.

by kgirlpanda on 1/26/2010 5:33:56 PM

MOD
i got a babysitting job which is great. only there are 2 probs-
-they're the only family i babysit for. how can i find more jobs?
-i babysit the family with my sister which i don't like at all. how can i get into babysitting alone?
thanks for the help!

Hey babe, try making flyers that you can post around your neighborhood, school, and community.  You could go to your local elementary school and post a flyer advertising yourself as a babysitter, (give your age, phone number, and availability/experience), Also let the family you're babysitting for know that if they have other friends who have little kids, you would def be interested in babysitting!
Megan R.

by kgirlpanda on 1/26/2010 5:22:36 PM

MOD I babysit every Friday (well, I watch the kids and am responsible for them). Most of the kids are really good, but one of them (his name is Braden) is crazy! He's seven years old, but he acts like a three year old, and it's way worse than the four year old who will hit people sometimes. He won't listen when I tell people to quiet down, and it drives me insane! The last time I watchd them, I had my phone, and I took pictures of them. Everytime they were good, I took a pic of them. He was good at first, because he wanted to be rewarded, but then he just got crazy. I don't know how I'm going to let his parents know, because after I'm done, all the adults talk (it's a bible study). I'm tired of hearing him scream and not listen. How can I stop him from doing this?

Hey girl, I've been there and done that (I was a nanny for a long time). There isn't really much you can do. It sounds like he has some behavioral problems and since you're his babysitter and not a parent, he probably isn't likely to listen to you very well. You could try talking to his parents about it, but if it keeps up and you are really bothered by it, I would try to get another babysitting job. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding one!

- Gabrielle

gabrielle m.

by MathGirl98 on 1/25/2010 3:53:24 PM

MOD MOD HELP I am 12 I whant to baysit I have tried everything I can think of to get a gig I have hung fliers and told all the adults I know that I will babysit plus I live in a really small town I need some money bad

Hey girl! You could be a mothers helper first.

Eryn G.

by softball1112009 on 1/24/2010 6:41:16 PM

Do you want to get more friends? Do want advice from other people your age? Do you want to tell secrets with new friends?
*****
If you do, join the Girls Only Club! I am the president of the club. The Girls Only Club is a club where you can get new friends, get great advice, and just have fun!
*****
If you want to join, comment on my profile. You must have a profile first, though!
*****
If you think up a little job you want, then ask! The first person who asks gets the job!
*****
If you want to join an awesome club, visit my profile and join the Girls Only Club today!

by MathGirl98 on 1/23/2010 1:20:24 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! Hi. I would really like to get into the babysitting buisness. I can handle my younger cousins with ease, and have taken on a old neighbor of mine young kids. But I haven't done any real babysitting in a while. I'm 13, and I can totally handle Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night babysitting. My neighborhood is sorta small, but I know there are a few kids up and down the block. How do you advise I get the word out there I can babysit? I'm CPR certified along with First-Aid Certified. I'm also able to splint legs, make temporary braces, and handle many small medical emergency such as fever, stomache aches, and vomiting. How can I sum all that up, while also appealing to parents since I love kids? Thanks!

Hey babe, I think the way you just put it is fine. If you make a flier for your neighborhood (with your parents' permission of course) you might want to put the list of all the things you're trained to do just so it grabs their attention.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by CuteAndClassic on 1/18/2010 7:37:20 PM

Thanks Taeler!

by Faith265 on 1/18/2010 12:15:12 AM

MOD MOD MOD Is there any supplies that every babysitting should have? If there is, could you give me a list? Thanks!

Hey girl! Bring what you think would be fun. If you have a game with you or a fun movie, you can stick those in your bag. Otherwise, kids usually have things they love to do at their own house and usually just want you to play with them!

-Taeler

Taeler L.

by Faith265 on 1/18/2010 12:03:39 AM

Dear MOD,
I'm 11( and 12 in April) and I want to earn extra cash. I was going to take a class to become a certified red cross babysitter, but there weren't enough participants to offer the course. I'm pretty sure that because of my age people will think I'm to young to babysit.
Do you know any other ways I could earn money besides doing extra chores?
THANKS!

Hey girl! You could house sit or be a mothers helper.
Eryn G.

by klj1236 on 1/17/2010 4:36:34 PM

REALLY WORKS! TRY IT OUT!
1. Say ur name 10x
2. Say ur mom's name 5x
3. Say ur crushes name 3x
4. then paste this in 4 other spots, if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday!

by katie150 on 1/16/2010 7:04:03 PM

*MOD*
i need some money this summer to buy a new phone so i want to start babysitting. I wanted to last summer but just never got around to it. Im 14 now and if i do ill take the red cross classes but i dont know any of my neighbors or a lot of other families b/c we dont go to church or anything like that. So how could i get the word out?

Hey babe, Ask your parents if they're okay with you putting flyers out. You can also ask the teachers at your school or your friends if they know anyone.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by skittlezgirl on 1/16/2010 2:01:10 PM

Hello Fellow Girls,
If You Need Help Or Need Any Advice Plz Please Comment My Page. I Promise To Help As Soon As Possible. If It's Super Urgent Make Sure To Put !!!!!!!! Just A Bunch Of Exclamation Points So Good Luck To All My Fellow Teen Sistas
Muchh Luvvv To All Girls out There,
Lex:0)

by mileycalyx on 1/15/2010 7:10:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am 12 and I have taken some classes on babysitting at hospitals. I am going to take a CPR class too. I have experience with my sister and cousins and have had many jobs babysitting before from the ages of 6 month olds to 7 year olds. Do you think I could make flyers and put them in my towns communtity center, Or I am too young? Any advice???SmileSmileSmile

Hey girl!

Nope, I don't think you're too young. I started babysitting when I was 12 too and the parents were really impressed with my CPR certification that you got also. Just make sure the kids are much younger than you otherwise it'll be a little awkward if you have to watch over an 11-year-old. Flyers are a great way to get your name out there!

Liz R.

by swimchick2109 on 1/12/2010 1:16:08 PM

I've never babysat before but I really want to. The problem is, I live in the Middle East where everyone has housekeepers to take care of the kids, including me! So, I figured I could babysit my sibs, but then what would we be paying the house keeper for, right? HELP HELP HELP!

by Serena292 on 1/12/2010 5:56:29 AM

*MOD*Do you think 11 is to young to start babysitting?

Hey girl,

For a lot of parents it might be. Take a Red Cross Babysitting class and become certified, so that you can show people that you know what you are doing and they can trust you with their children.

xoxo Keltie
Keltie E.

by TayNae101 on 1/11/2010 11:46:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MDO MOD MOD MOD !!!!!!!!!!
do you think ten is too young to be babysitting? im really mature for my age and i love to hang around younger kids. and i was thinking of waiting a little while till im a bit older, but is that still to young?

Hey girl! It might be a little to young, maybe wait a few more years.
Eryn G.

by dogfreak29 on 1/10/2010 5:24:57 PM

comment my profile cmon ppl ill comment urrrs Love yaxoxxo lex

by mileycalyx on 1/9/2010 8:54:38 PM

Hey sunnyblue1296- 11 and 12 isn't too young to babysit if you are mature enough... Ur only 13, one or two years isn't always a big difference. There are some 13-year-olds who are less mature than some 9-year-olds (not saying you, just saying some in general). I'm 11, and I babysit a 4 year old and 1 year old- I have a job there tonight! Don't just assume that someone's too young based on a number.

by cassieann23 on 1/8/2010 5:35:49 PM

I'm 15 and got my first babysitting job this weekend! I've known the family for a really long time, but I am nervous. The boys are 5 and 12 and they have a huge dog. I know they are wild kids. Are there ideas what I should do when it gets too out of hand? Or when they won't listen to me?
Thanks!

Hey girl, that is awesome congrats!!! Boys like active things, play games, go outside, create something. The five year old will probably go to bed early. Then you will just have to entertain the older one. You could always pop in a movie. That is fool proof. xo JANA

jana k.

by kittyofthewind on 1/5/2010 9:58:54 PM

comment on my profile and ill do the same

by Irish Girl on 1/1/2010 3:51:41 PM

♥♥♥♥♥HEY GIRLS! WHATS UP? I GIVE THE BEST ADVICE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!! I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION(S) IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS!! I GIVE ADVICE ON ANYTHING! SO HEAD ON OVER TO MY PROFILE AND ASK ME A QUESTION!!! ( BE SURE TO READ THE LITTLE PARAGRAPH I POSTED ON MY PROFILE.....) THANKS!♥♥♥♥♥

by girlslifeadvice on 12/31/2009 11:30:20 PM

HEY GIRLS!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Check out my profile! Ask me for advice and I am guaranteed that I will answer you question(s) in the next 10 min!!!!! You can ask me advice on friends, boys, family, ANYTHING! So head on over to my profile!!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

by annabanana21 on 12/31/2009 2:33:38 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~IF YOU ARE READING THIS U PROBABLE CARE ABOUT ADVICE AND I CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE SUPER FAST I CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS ON ANYTHING! ON STUFF LIKE PERIODS AND BOYS AND MAKEUP AND HAIR AND SKIN AND BODY AND WEIGHT AND BFFS AND BGF AND ANYTHING U CAN THINK OF AND I WILL ANSWER ON YOUR PROFILE IN A DETAIL. IF U DONT WANNA HAVE YOUR PROFILE PUBLIC I CAN ANSWER IT ON MY PROFILE AND PUT YOUR USER NAME SO U KNOW ITS YOUR ANSWER. THANKS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by ModModMod on 12/31/2009 2:32:35 PM

If you all worry about being ready you must be resposible...so check out my profile and i will give you any advise you need!

Tessa

by tmessa101 on 12/30/2009 6:32:38 PM

haha i think so too. eleven and twelve is a lil young to babsit cuz u were at the age of the kids ur babysittin not too long ago.

im gettin ready for it (im 13) and im babysitting my two year old baby cuzin who is always over. ive babysitted him for a long time now and i kno everythin bout him by heart.

wen im fourteen, or a little earlier im gonna try and make a lil business with my friends that also have good experience and babysit. Smile
u shud probably wait a year or 2, and ull have more practice.
yu'll make a fabulous 'sitter Laughing
*~SuNnY~*

by sunnyblue1296 on 12/29/2009 8:22:09 PM

HELP
my 2 oldersistersget all of the babysitting gigs and i am totally ready but my mom thinks i am not ready but booth of my sisters started when they were 11 too.....what should i do?!?!?!?!?!?!?

by tmessa101 on 12/29/2009 9:38:12 AM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this babysitter's club column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 24 hours, guaranteed. thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist(and babysitter), lauren

by soccergirl524 on 12/24/2009 4:31:58 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
umm hey I am eleven (I'm going to be twelve in July) and I've worked at a daycare over the summer, I took a babysitting course, and all the kids in my church & daycare love me. I have repeatedly asked my mom if I can babysit other kids, but she always changes the subject, and when she does answer, it's always, "Maybe next year." I think I'm ready (I watch myself and my eight year old sis all the time) but my Mom obviously doesn't. How do I convince my mom to let me babysit. And what's a good way to get my name out without posting my name in Wal-Mart (I am def not doing that!)?

Hey girl!

Wow, that's so great that you have done all these great things with children, and that you want to babysit to earn money! (yay allowance and spending cash!)

I think your mom is right about giving you a few more years until you should be in the care of other children. I didn't start babysitting until I was 15!

But, maybe you can ask your mom if you negotiate. Ask if she could give you some spending  money for watching your 8 year old sister? That will give you more practice. And then, when you turn 12 or 13, maybe she will let you post your name and advertise your services!

XO

Sammy D

Sammy d.

by cloejoe on 12/18/2009 4:52:16 PM

Need some help with sitting? Comment on my profile and I will (hopefullySmile) get back to you within 2 or 3 days. Thanks!!

by pointeprincess on 12/14/2009 4:20:47 PM

OH my! I've been there! You get used to it.

by pointeprincess on 12/14/2009 4:06:58 PM

Hey, I'm 13 and I need some advice on how to start babysitting. Thanks!

by Flameweaver on 12/14/2009 3:02:11 PM

Heres a good tip if a kid is scared there is a monster under his/her bed. Bring "monster spray" (a spray bottle filled with water) When its time to go to bed, make sure the child is watching and spray some under the bed and at the door and in the closet. Later that night if that dose not work, put a carrot under the bed. Tell the child monsters love carrots but it makes them shrink. Then with a paper bag under the bed put the carrot in there and say its the monster and u will throw him away!

by blackrose800 on 12/12/2009 1:54:49 PM

ModModModMod I'm the youngest in three daughters and both my sisters are grown up and in college and I love kids, but I don't know how to get started with babysitting. One of my BFFs has a younger sister in kindy who is the cutest and my BFF babysits her a lot. I thought asking her about hanging out with her while we babysit together. What do you think?

Hey Girl, getting started in babysitting is easy...anyone with kids needs a babysitter! Ask around in your neighborhood, or see if your parents know anyone where they work. Once you babysit one fam, ask them to spread the word and soon you'll be getting tons of calls!

claudia n.

by Chinchilla on 12/11/2009 12:35:20 PM

I'm 11 and a half and I watch my sisters three kids(2,6,and 6 months)so these tips really helped me.Thnx GL

by gotbxr on 7/22/2009 7:21:00 PM

good tips!thx GL!

by baria14 on 7/17/2009 5:16:49 PM

The best way to start your babysitting business is to employ your parents. They might be able to land you some gigs - truth is, most parents' coworkers have kids and are dying to find a good sitter. Plus, since they are your parents' coworkers, your fam is already familiar w/ them, and your employers won't be complete strangers. I asked my dad to talk to some of his friends at work, and he almost immediately had gigs lined up!!!Smile

by Shopaholic923 on 6/7/2009 2:20:16 PM

I'm ready, but I'm gonna wait a while.

I've read every single "Getting Started" babysitting article! Finally done!

And I posted on a bunch.

by MathGirl98 on 4/25/2009 3:38:27 PM

* MOD * do you think 13 is too young to be babysitting a 2 and 6 year old?

Sounds good to me, ask your parents though.<3 Sherryn D.

Sherryn D.

by toriaerie on 3/29/2009 6:02:25 PM

third comment! i have never babysat before and i'm really looking forward to doing it sometime. the advice really helps. i love kids and this would be a great thing to do to earn some extra cash. thanks!

by girlsliferocker on 3/13/2009 7:13:00 PM

Hey G.L i love you magazine ans i appreciate the great advise..:. I babysit two kids at the age of two months and two years old. This advice helped me alot. Thanks again...:. 2nd comment

by sbs241 on 1/31/2009 11:51:44 PM