6 HOURS AGO Setting the alarm to wake up for school tomorrow *crying a little inside*

7 HOURS AGO BTS shopping already done? We know a true fashionista is never REALLY done shopping, especially for fall!: http://t.co/aoMznFbTBq

8 HOURS AGO Favorite if you put off your homework until last minute on sunday! #Procrastinator #AndIllDoItAgain

COMMENTS

Drumming Up Babysitting Business

Before your start eyeballing that new wardrobe, you should probably line up some jobs. Some lucky girls inherit sitting jobs from older sisters who...

MOD!!!!!!!MOD!!!!!!!!MOD!!!!!!!!MOD!!!!!!!!MOD!!!!!!MOD
I Want To Start A Babysitting gig. My Parents Said Yes
(Thanks M&D)I have a Red Cross certification but the only thing hindering me from making money is the fact that my mom doesn't want me babysitting strangers. i understand but the people we know don't have anyone they need babysitting.in fact they are all like 10 years older than me. How do i solve this problem?

Hey girlie,

Since it's mom's rule, ask her to help you find friends/family with babysitting-age children. If she and your dad think about it, I'll bet they have coworkers, cousins, neighbors, and friends-of-friends who could use a trustworthy babysitter! Sit down with them sometime soon and brainstorm. I know you'll be able to think of people to contact about it!
Lauren C.

by akaprincess on 12/18/2011 10:43:34 AM

Mod,
Do you think it would be a good idea for my mom to post something on facebook about me being an available babysitter? Or should I maybe use a different method to advertise my babysitting services? Thanks in advance!

Hey! yeah use a different method. FB might be good for a few people but remember all your mom's hundreds of friends would see it. Do they really all need to know that? Stick to fliers or something.

Helen S.

by pinkandlime on 10/14/2010 6:30:20 PM

i posted a few flyers in my neighborhood.i actually got a call.i did take them down though.i am going to let my family (they work at a daycare at church)and ask them to help the word out.

by babygirl1265 on 10/9/2010 11:06:56 PM

Thanks Abby! I'll see what I can do. My teacher down the street has one yo twins so I'll see about them! =)

by gussie398 on 9/27/2010 2:35:16 PM

MODMODMOD MOOOOD MODMODMOD
I really need help! I reaaaallllllly want to babysit but i'm only eleven.My parents say no. How can I convince them? I stay at home w/ my little bro (8yo) For upto 6 hours! What do I do to convince them?!!!
*MOD MOD MOD* MOOOOOD

Hey girl, explain to them what you're interested in doing, and also if there are any babysitting courses you can take, mention them to your parents too. That way they can see you really want to do it and might consider it. hope this helps!

Abby L.

by gussie398 on 9/27/2010 2:24:13 PM

MODMODMOD MOOOOD MODMODMOD
*MOD MOD MOD* MOOOOOD

Hey girl, talk to your parents and explain what you do with your bro. Also, see if there are any babysitting classes you can take that'll give you an idea of what to expect - if there are any, mention them to your parents and see what they say.

Abby L.

by gussie398 on 9/27/2010 2:14:44 PM

thanks any way mod. actually i remembered that my little sis has a friend who has a sis whos little so im going to email her mom telling her that im looking for customers

by StargirlWizard on 7/29/2010 7:27:12 PM

MOD MOD!!!
hi im trying to babysit like i took a red cross class but i looked at these suggestions and still have no way of getting customers! i live kind of in the country so theres no kids near me that i could babysit. at the class they said its dangerous to post flyers and my mom thinks the same things too so i cant do that. also none of my friends really babysit and my mom doesnt know that many people with babies and the park near me doesnt have a day care thing and i cant work at the elementary school bcuz i have xc in afternoons and it doesnt end until like 5:30. plz help!!!

Hmmm all the way that I could think of you say wouldn't work for you.  You might have to wait and start babysitting a little later when you can make things work.

Brittany B.

by StargirlWizard on 7/29/2010 2:23:28 PM

I really want to start baby sitting its a good way to earn money since I don't get allowance
im going to try this

by creativekid123 on 7/2/2010 7:37:47 PM

I have watched my little bro before, and i really want to start getting paid for it by making a business with two friends... i'm 8 and i haven't been home alone really with my brother. I really don't know where to start though! I'm sort shy and thats the problem!!! I get embrassed for weird reasons and well..... NATALIE HELP!

by Playgirl on 5/26/2010 6:34:50 PM