6 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

9 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

10 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

Get Your (Rubber) Ducks In A Row

The first step in babysitting is finding some—duh!—babies.  But be realistic about what you can handle. If newborns are out of your league, let...

MOD MOD MOD! So I babysit these kids, and at first they were great. Then they started to tell me they hated me, and they would lie to their parents, saying bad things that I did that I really didn't do. They would do bad things and blame it on me (like the littlest one colored on the door, and said it was me). Their parents ALWAYS side with them! The oldest one (10 years old) has his friend over a lot (which is okay with me and the parents) but then they'll hurt me. I'm not strong... I have no muscle/body strength. They jump on me and hit me, and one time, they locked me in a room with a bag tied over my head. What should I do about the parents, and how do I get the kids to be angels again? Sarah

Hey girl,

I would talk to the parents about this particular incidicent. Not only are they putting you at risk, but they are also putting their other siblings at risk since you are not able to help them. In the future, I would decline anymore invitations to babysit for them.

danielle D.

danielle D.

by love.softball73 on 6/3/2011 1:52:02 PM

i really dislike how in this article it says you have to find some babies to babysit. i get babysat and i am not a baby. i am 10, not a little kiddie, a litlle one, a baby, or tot

by emma333 on 7/7/2010 1:59:05 PM

Hey Girls

Need advice but can't trust those GL mods with answering your questions?

Sick of getting messages that say they are too busy for your important questions?

Want a reliable girl your age with tons of boy, body, family, school and stress experiance to answer your biggest questions?

If you answered YES to any of these questions you are personally invited to the grand opening of natalieisyourmod on Saturday Feb 6 at 9am central time

Just write in a comment NATALIE HELP and I, Natalie will answer within 3 days of your posting!

Thanks for reading

Natalie

VISIT US!!!!!!!!

by natalieisyourmod on 2/4/2010 4:11:01 PM

If your looking for business there is a good technique to getting it that I discovered:

1.) Zone it. Okay, your first round of jumps needs to be not that far from your home. Look at a map of your neighborhood, and draw a circle around all the houses with in a 5-10 minute walking range. This is your Babysitting Turf. This is where you'll advertise and get your first gigs. This is not the only area you can stay in to babysit. Just till you feel more comfortable with babysitting farther from home. The reason I do this is because if something comes up, you can call for close help (family, neighbors, ect.)

2.) Advertising. Advertisement comes in many forms. For a beginner I would suggest you make a stack of flyers containing your name, any training, your number, and what ever else you may want to add. Post them on light post, and put a couple in mailboxes of houses you know contain young children. Also word of mouth works well to. Ask your mom to spread the word you babysit to neighbors and it will go on from there.

3.) Wait it out. Simple, now all you have to do is keep the phone near. Make sure you walk/bike/jog/skate threw your Turf a couple times a week to sorta "display" yourself. Make your face known.

All and all will fall into place and you'll get a call for a gig.

by CuteAndClassic on 1/18/2010 7:35:33 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~IF YOU ARE READING THIS U PROBABLE CARE ABOUT ADVICE AND I CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE SUPER FAST I CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS ON ANYTHING! ON STUFF LIKE PERIODS AND BOYS AND MAKEUP AND HAIR AND SKIN AND BODY AND WEIGHT AND BFFS AND BGF AND ANYTHING U CAN THINK OF AND I WILL ANSWER ON YOUR PROFILE IN A DETAIL. IF U DONT WANNA HAVE YOUR PROFILE PUBLIC I CAN ANSWER IT ON MY PROFILE AND PUT YOUR USER NAME SO U KNOW ITS YOUR ANSWER. THANKS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by ModModMod on 12/31/2009 2:34:38 PM

If you're new to babysitting, the best thing to do is start out with one family with slightly older kids - then slowly start adding more families with younger kids when you're ready. Smile

by Shopaholic923 on 6/7/2009 2:14:05 PM

Why start with tiny little babies? I'd start with older kids who are more responsible, and then go DOWN the age line. You'll get used to them being a little more crazy ever time, and then, you'll have the cute little babies. Little babies can't do anything, but older kids can. Like I said, I'd start at the top, and work DOWN.

by MathGirl98 on 4/25/2009 3:33:10 PM

i would start with one (potty trand) kid and and work my way up insted of startng with 4 kds undre 4

by peace 16 on 1/11/2009 7:46:50 PM

SECOND COMENT

* yay yay YAY yay yay WOOT YAY YAY
WOOOHO
*.*.**.*.*.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.*.*.*.
,*,*,*,*,*.*.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.**.*.
*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.**.*.*.*.**.**.*.**.*.*

by scene91 on 1/1/2009 11:31:44 PM

first comment!!
~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~~*MOD~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
how come my comments arent showing upp?

by x0tinycheer0x47 on 12/13/2008 6:41:39 PM