3 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

4 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

4 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: Learn the secrets to perfect skin care with @girlslifemag right here! http://t.co/GtREVj2dan

COMMENTS

Chill! Create your own Spa

So you don't have a pocketful of cash to blow on a week on a fancy spa? Why not create a mini spa in your...

I was a Girl's Life magazine subscriber many years ago, and this particular article from the September 2000 issue was one of my absolute favorite articles from ANY magazine! Every Sunday night, in preparation for the school week ahead, I would retreat to the bathroom at about 7:30pm and take an amazing bubble bath, with the lights dimmed, relaxing music playing, and a night light (rather than candles). Even now, several years later, I still find myself unable to take a relaxing bubble bath without turning out the lights and playing music. I'm now in my mid 20s (recently celebrated my 25th birthday!) and I STILL occasionally use some of the great recipes that I read in this article, particularly the sugar scrub. It's great in the Winter, when my skin is horribly dry. The oil brings back a lot of moisture that my skin loses this time of year. I am so glad to see the website still going. It's definitely changed since my day, but regardless, it was super helpful for me!

Julie

by z0mgaah on 2/20/2013 12:28:54 AM

Great ideas! Im doing this tomorrow with my BFFs!

by orlandobloomrocks on 2/15/2013 7:18:16 PM

Sounds so fun! Having a sleepover this week.... Definatley doing everything!

by pinkguitarperson on 7/22/2012 10:11:52 PM

MOD
for the conditioner......do you absolutly NEED to use the lemon juice?!
THANKSS!

Hey girl,

I haven't tried this recipe personally, but it seems like the lemon would combat some of the honey's stickiness! Lemon juice can be obtained pretty easily at any grocery store and is pretty inexpensive.

Meghan D.

by katiegurll;) on 3/10/2012 12:30:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
ok so me and my bffs wanna have a spa slumber party but we think that the whole bathrobe/towel thing is a little awkward:/
any other ideas?!?!
thanks;)

Hey girly! Rather than a towel or bathrobe, hit up the mall before and all buy super comfy matching pajamas that you all can wear. Waddling around with cotton balls between your toes will seem a lot funnier in duck pattern pjs!
Ana D.

by katiegurll;) on 3/9/2012 12:13:11 PM

welll... i tried the oatmeal mask, it actually works really well! it made my skin really smooth Smile i dont really like the conditioner though, its mostly egg and its hard to wrap your hair up in plastic wrap. plus it kinda smelled gross... idk, maybe its just me. it did make my hair softer though, i'll give it that much Smile

by trixr4kids on 7/25/2010 12:27:25 AM

MOD! MOD!
Okay, well, I just watched a scary video were a huge, bloody, black and white face pops up on the screen (I hate those) and it was in my class, because it was for a book, but anyway, I'm totally terrified to watch any videos because I'm afraid something will pop up and scare me and also, I'm scared to be in a room alone because I think the face will pop up from behind me or something. I know it's fake, and I try to keep that in mind, but can you give me a few tips to forget the video/face or any relaxation ideas or something that will help me overcome my fear, if it even is a fear. I feel bad because I think I'm the only girl in the class who is terrified. Please help!

You could watch a movie that you know isn't scary, that could make you feel better.
Kayla C.

by Kattrox421 on 3/27/2010 9:46:27 PM

I love love love the sweet sugar scrub it works so well...
... evan my friends noticed my smoother skin

by spaldkai on 3/13/2010 8:57:00 AM

Love this!

by funkypunky10 on 2/23/2010 4:31:27 PM

MOD MOD!! Hey! I have a prob. I really wanna do some of this (tomorrow is picture day!) but the only bathroom with a tub is totally off limits. Well, this stinks anyway but is only a problem because I'm kinda sorta a little DEATHY AFRAID of showers because I watched a scary movie (Psycho) few weeks ago, and even though I know it's not real and I'm not in a hotel, I am home alone until 1:00 and I'm scared. I also can't wait until my mom gets home. How can I overcome my fear of even being in the same room as a shower?! Thank you!

Hey girlie,

Psycho is a really scary movie, but just remember it's totally fake. When you're in the shower, try to think about the fact that there was a camera and a director behind the scenes.

If it helps, leave the bathroom door open when you shower, or play some music while you shower.

Thanks for posting!