7 MINUTES AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

AN HOUR AGO PAUSE— am I the only one freaking out about the new #Cinderella trailer?! Squeee: http://t.co/F0x94XxZbE

2 HOURS AGO As if you needed another, here are 11 more reasons to get super psyched for Thanksgiving: http://t.co/qZgpABAxHB

COMMENTS

All I want is some privacy

I don’t know why, but I’ve felt like I need to back-talk my dad because he has so many rules—and most of them don’t make...

My bff invited me to a sleepover today.I haven't been seeing a lot of her since we started middle school because we don't have any classes together, and she's made a lot of new, really popular friends.I really wanted to talk to her because another one of our bffs is moving this weekend, and I trusted her, so My bff invited me to a sleepover.Problem is, my parents said no.I've stayed at her hous maybe 6 to 7 times and she's stayed at my house a few times, but not lately.My parents say no a lot too.They say kids in America should listen to their parents because they were born in Africa.They're good friends with this girls parents 2!I tried to explain to them that I never get to talk to her anymore and that I need some time with friends since my other bff is moving tommorow, but they just get mad!I don't know what to do!!!!I'm crying because my other bff is moving , and I just need some happiness right now!What do I do?

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with them about your feelings. Explain your side in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt or get angry even if they interrupt you or get angry. That's unfair, but since they have all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize them. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you are really, super mature. If they still say no, accept the decision gracefully. If they see that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, they'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by katniss50309 on 2/2/2013 2:52:33 PM

MOD MOD
So, I just moved halfway across the country, from Illinois to Oregon. I didn't realize that its the worst thing to do in middle school. I know no one and I realized now im showing my shy and quiet side, though at home I admit im loud and outgoing. Many people here are outgoing and to me the way I look and my name sound to me like someone who's outgoing. But, since im ubershy now I cant get myself to talk to someone, my mom once tried to help but I buckled ans couldn't do anything. I don't like banging around girls who are highly perverted and make everything a dirty joke, I accidentally hung around those people this year and instantly regretted it. I need help picking right friends and getting myself to talk to them... help!

Hey Girl! Look for people who are interested in the same things as you. Join a club or sports team. Friends are constantly changing, so keep our mind open.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by napstarr on 11/22/2012 1:00:37 AM

Please help!
My one and only grandpa is dying of cancer at the very second. I haven't experienced anything like this before and I don't think I'm ready for it. He's in the hospital now, but the doctors said they can't do anything else or him.
I'm so mad and angry at the doctors because I want them to keep trying and I love my grandpa so much and I don't think I could bare to live without him because he's always been there for me.
In class I feel like I embarrassed myself because we had to write an essay on what we were doing for Thanksgiving and I read mine aloud and when it mentioned my grandpa, I just started breaking out crying and I asked to leave the room.
Please help! I don't think I'm ready for this to happen. I know he's gonna die, the worst part is I don't know when. How do I get over my sadness and stop my anger at the doctors and God for having him die so soon when I'm not ready?
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey I'm so sorry that's happening to you. I know how you feel - losing your grandparent is always hard. Within 3 years i lost all of my grandparents and it was one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with. The only thing I can tell you to do is enjoy your time with him and really appreciate your relationship. Unfortunately there really is nothing you can do to stop the cancer but all you need to do is cherish your time with him. The heartbreak will get easier with time. I promise. Spend time with your family and be surrounded by love. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by FaithPetrowski on 11/20/2012 5:20:32 PM

yes we need our privacy, I have a hard time when my parents dont think I need some. Meghan D.

by fashionqn on 11/18/2012 12:37:02 AM

HELP.....I just loss my mother to cancer and had to move in with my aunt.I like it here but its not home.For once I don't have space.They all like just walk into your room or they ask you about everything.(Even if you tell them no.)I am always getting into a fight with the youngest because she thinks everything i do and say is wrong.I try not to be rude because they took me in but I feel like I'm being smother with them all.How can I feel better with out hurting their feelings?

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! It sounds like you are being very grateful to them, but it will take some time getting used to. They also probably want to make sure you're ok. I would talk to a guidance counselor or teacher about everything you're going through, with your mom and with your family, to help you sort out everything you're feeling.

Meghan D.

by losslovelife on 11/17/2012 2:27:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Every night I go into my room for a hour and listen to music. I also bring my phone in their to text. But now, my mom thinks that I go in their to talk to my friends about drugs and stuff, when I would never! I have tried explaining time and time again that I'm not, but she doesn't believe me and keeps yelling at me. What do I do? Every time I try to defend myself, she yells at me again and says not to talk back to her. Help please!

Hey emily6119, maybe keep your door open when you go in your room so she can hear you conversing with your friends. Even putting them on speaker may help. Hope this works! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by emily6119 on 11/8/2012 5:14:42 PM

mod mod mod mod
i need help i think i may be a lesbian i have masturbated a few times

Hey girl,

It's normal to be curious about your body, but that doesn't indicate your orientation one way or another. Check out this post for more information: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/01/Your-Top-10-Body-Questions-e280a6Answered!.aspx

Meghan D.

by fashion4ever:) on 11/3/2012 10:25:17 PM

Dear mods
I love my new phone, my sister gave it. But my mom, in order to avoid 'addiction' takes it away every night. i Hate it. I can't listen to music when i want to (i could before with my od phone) and i have to wake up early to charge it. I feel like she may have a point, but it annoys me to no end!!!! I can't use my phone at times when I need it. I get low batt everytime at school""!

Hey girly, to fix the charging issue, why not talk to your mom about making night time charge time. Have her charge it every night or charge it in a mutual space where you agree not to play with it. That way it's still away from you like your mom wants, but your phone isnt dying during the day. You could also sit down with mom and calmly tell her your point of view about music and when you want to use your phone. Tell her you understand her point of view about addiction and maybe you can come up with a different agreement that works for both of you. In the meantime, for music, turn on an Ipod or the radio. =) Good luck! xoxo

Lauren I.

by LizHeartsLondon on 10/17/2012 3:01:02 AM

Sometimes I just blow up at my parents because they ask the same question over and over and over and over again. Like, "How's school today?" My response: "Okay I guess." Two hours later: "How was school today?" Me: "It was the same as school always is, boring." Three hours later: "So, was school alright today?" Me: "You already asked me this question three times!!!!!" Parents: "You don't have to act like that, now go to bed."
I'm like 'What the heck?!'
And then I blow up and get mad. It's the same routine MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, AND FRIDAY!!!!!! Yeah I get annoyed. :[

by Gabriella123 on 10/16/2012 9:42:27 PM

Hey girl, not at all. Chances are this guy may not even be the true guy in the indie band you like. For your own safety, unfriend and block him. Do not give him any contact info ever and do not respond to any messages he sends.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by myclique on 10/15/2012 5:08:06 PM

MODMODMOD
I can't get enough sleep! I try going to bed every night at nine, but instead end up finally falling asleep at one a.m. Every day during school I'm exhausted and every chance I get a lay my head on my desk. I think it's making me more irritable, too. Why can't I sleep? Any tips? Please?

Hey girly, I'm not sure why your having such a hard time sleeping, it could be happening for tons of reasons: are you stressed? Thinking a lot before bed? I do have some tips though. Keep active during the day. Try adding a half an hour of excercise. That could mean doing a workout or just going for a walk. It could be that your bod isn't tired because it hasn't been active enough during the day.  Also, turn off electronics before bed. Don't check FB or your email right before bed, don't text, don't try to fall asleep with the TV on. Your body is programmed to sleep when its dark and wake up when its light, so staring at the lights on the screens can keep you awake. Try avoiding these things a half hour before bed and read instead. I hope these help! Good luck, babe.

Lauren I.

by grace1089 on 10/15/2012 2:24:52 AM

MOD!!!!
My parents are a TAD (Ok. tad is not a strong enough word.) too over protective. I cant go outside alone (not even with like 5 close friends). I cant use makeup. I cant do anything else my friends can. Sometimes I get really mad because Im missing out on almost EVERYTHING!!!! I really want to do all these fun things with my friends but I can't. How do I get my parents to let me join in on all the fun?

Hey Famousme, ask them why they don't let you do those things. Or do you know why?

Lynae P.

by Famousme on 10/14/2012 11:29:00 PM

All I want for christmas is, some privacy! When I get home, I want to hide in my room, alone! But I share a room with my sister. My mom says I can't kick my sister out of her room! HELP!!!!

by mamabear162 on 10/12/2012 7:14:04 PM

My dad is very protective and I hate it. When I want privacy my parents dont want me to have it all the time. I especially hate when I am in my room online and they know it and want me to come down just to be around them, it gets under my skin but I also want to be a good daughter, so I listen most of the time. mailyse f.

by fashionqn on 10/8/2012 1:50:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i tryed out for xfactor when they came to a city around me and was disapoited to see that you get judged by a teen in a booth that only picked people that had a story or were completely wack. My dad took me which i was extremely greatful for now i asked him for my bday will he take me again next year i wanted to know now so i could start training but my mom keeps saying we should wait untill im 18 and can take myself but my dad said he would do it with me any day and now because of my mom he's saying maybe not while hes driving my bro to every hockey tornament in north america! even though i know its alot to ask but he drives my bro everywere only for him to lose and i only get this chance once a year do you think he should or not bring me there or is it up to him? i just needed someone else's opinion so i dont feel like its unfair if he doesnt take me and dont worry i wont flip out if he doesnt take me its alot to ask

Looks like your dad is in a sticky situation! Maybe your mom could take your bro to a hockey tournament while your dad takes you to try out for the x-factor. It seems fair since it's only once (or at least once a year). Try talking to your parents about how important this is for you, I'm sure they'll understand! Good luck!
mailyse f.

by amr6 on 10/8/2012 1:44:53 PM

i have the same problem as you my dad is a tad too over protective and i never left alone i hear ya out.Smile

by jessieks on 10/8/2012 11:08:36 AM

Hey girls! Looking for advice on school and friends? Need someone to listen to you vent? I'm here! If you want advice or just someone to listen to you, feel free to post a comment to my profile or visit my Advice Queen page! Have a great day Laughing

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/7/2012 9:20:38 PM

omg me too. one day, my dad sat down with my ipod and read ALL of my texts and emails, which basically told him my WHOLE life-even the guy i used to like. i mean i love him more than anythnig, but if i want to tell him something, i will. he doesnt have to read through my PRIVATE MESSAGES with my friends whom i trust a ton.

by lilmissamazing on 10/7/2012 8:18:20 PM

oh you have rules? try having a mom who makes you sign a contract, its awful

by skysky429 on 10/7/2012 7:12:45 PM

Modmodmod
Hey, I have a weird question. Is it odd that I want my best friend to see me topless? I've talked to her about it and she's cool with me doing it. So, is it normal? Incase you didn't notice, we're both girls(both 100% straight). And we're(basically) both 15.

Hey EgirlH.97, no it's not weird. A lot of people are this close with their best friends. I know girls who have changed in front of their  friends. No worries. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by EgirlH.97 on 10/7/2012 1:36:43 AM

Ok so I love ilajayne!!!!!!! That's so awesome that you typed that!!!! Don't worry I'm not a stalker or anything, and this might seem weird but that made me feel really good for some reason! I've been having a bad day. So this probably seems really weird but THANK YOU!!! Laughing

by turnonthemusic1 on 10/6/2012 10:39:55 PM

I usally get no privacy, my brothers always bother me and my dad wont leave me alone.

by fruitytooty101 on 1/15/2009 4:53:37 PM

Mod,
Hey mod im Lea, and i have really curly hair. Like out of conrol curly. I flat iron my hair, but that causes split ends. Can you help me find something that will tame my unruly curly hair??
thanks <333 LeA

Hey Girl, try a curling moose and serum to put in your hair after the shower (while your hair is damp) and then let it air dry or dry it with a difuser. *Cara T*

by cocoshoes on 12/1/2008 3:58:16 PM

Smile
Tong
Laughing
SMiLe!

by ilajayne on 11/27/2008 9:51:25 PM

hey im new to te site and i was looking around andwhat dose mod mean .thalks

by termite66 on 11/22/2008 11:36:46 PM

I know how you feel!
I always feel the need to back-talk to my dad. And it does always backfire. He always gets mad at me over stupid stuff, and then I question him on it then the battle begins. He usually tells me that he doesn't care, or this conversation doesn't matter to him, and that I'm right as always and he makes me feel terrible for it, then I appologize, and he says that he accepts my appology, but there is no way that my point is more 'correct' than his therefore he is right and I make him look like the bad guy. I hate it. It makes me feel terrible. Just agree with him before things get any farther.

by canadian_girl22 on 11/15/2008 8:14:32 PM

me too! but my dad makes fun of me, not tells me the rules. i just want to let it out sometimes and i acutly sprained my wrist when i was punching my pillow(i had acidently put my pillow over my text book and then punched it.) i talked to my guedence counsler and he helped me. maybe you sould too. hih! bii

by runnergirl54 on 11/2/2008 8:57:40 PM

yeah my dad does the same...he enever lest me alone
and i started bak talking in the summer to get him to realize that he can't just bark random orders at me...i know its bad so i kinda stopped

my mom on the other hand yells at EVERYTHING i do.

by candiezgirl on 10/30/2008 11:10:36 PM

Parents can be tough sometimes... but in the end you still love them!! Just tell them about your problems... they usually want what is best for you!!

by cbear365 on 10/30/2008 9:43:54 PM

MOD*** I need help. There are several people who dislike me alot and they've told me. The problem is I dont know why. I am always nice to them, I get good grades but i dont rub it in What do i do?
HELP!!!!!!!

Hey there chica, Sorry these folks are mean to you! Have you tried talking to them about classwork or another subject? If they are still nasty after getting to know you, just go on living your life with your own friends. xo Annemarie

by lek96 on 10/30/2008 6:39:59 PM

:heart:

by gigglemaster12 on 10/30/2008 6:02:02 PM

MOD!!!!!!

OK I hope this goes through pretty fast! Well, I was invited to go trick-or-treating with my friend and then sleepover her house and almost ALL of my friends are going too. Well I asked my parents if I could go and they told me no because they don't "know" their parents but thats SUCH a lie! And even if they didnt really know them my friend who I've known since 1st grade has known them since kindergarden and could vouch for their non-dangerousness (lol i made up a word =]). I really dont want to go trick-or-treating by myself!I cant invite anyone to come with me because they all live on the other side of town which is REALLY far away. Thats no fun AT ALL! How can I convince my parents to let me go! Please help!!!!!

by beagle_babi on 10/30/2008 3:39:23 PM

my dad is like this too. he gets all mad at me for little stupid things that make me want to scream. sometimes i want to tell him that he is soooooooooooooooooo not perfect and to stop. my parents have stupid rules and make me do all the work around the house and yell at me if I tell me brother to do anything. call me Cinderella!

by softballgirly22 on 10/30/2008 3:32:00 PM

my parents make me go to bed at 10 or 11 on the weekends but i stay up later than that i say up to 2 in the morning than i get tired and i go to sleep. Also I hate the rules they suck at my house.

by Lilly55 on 10/30/2008 3:12:06 PM

MOD

what is masturbation and is it bad?

by swimchick28 on 10/30/2008 12:14:57 PM

i had the EXACT problem with my grandma!!!!!!! but we worked it out..i think...

by ray ray on 10/29/2008 7:49:16 PM

i ttly hear ya. my mom gets all up in my biz wen i talk about guys or new people.
also the lock on the door to my room is broken, so my fame just walks on in. So many words...lol

by BalonLuvr11 on 10/29/2008 4:50:07 PM

haha thats funni my mom gets worried if i dont back-talk lol!

by DrAmAxQuEeNx202! :) on 10/28/2008 9:06:04 PM

**MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD***
i have a question: umm my avatar wont show? what's the deal with that?
♥katie♥

Hi babes, either your profile hasnt been approved, the pic was too big or it was a pic of yourself. xo JANA

by katiekatknoswhereitsatx3 on 10/28/2008 5:07:20 PM

HELPP... every one of my friends has their periods exsept me, they all say im lucky but, i kinda feel left you what shuld i do, and its aall diffrent because two of them have had sex before and that bugs me, because they had done drugs to i keep tellin them its bad but they never listen, they said their hooked and couldnt get off! im wicked confused

Hey babes, focus on your own life, its clear your friends are making awful decisions. They arent bad people they are just doing bad things. As for your period, it will come everyone is different. xo JANA

by mcdeiderr on 10/28/2008 4:52:21 PM

thanks for the advice, MODS!
~K

by sparklestar4ever12 on 10/28/2008 4:37:40 PM

~MOD~
Ok...so i've liked this one guy for awhile...since like the end of the last skool yr. I kinda (i dunno) "got over" him for a while but then I saw him this weekend and he was sooo sweet and cool. I really want to ask him out. But idk how... plus theres an age dif of about a year and a half...is that too much? My friends asked him last year if he liked me and he wouldnt reply...
my one idea to tell him i like him is to call him and be like "look i really like you and i have for a while i was wondering if you liked me and wanted to go out sometime?" is that ok? do you have any other ideas?

Hey babes, i think thats a GREAT idea. Its best to just be simple and straightforward. When you devise intricate plans involving friends and notes and all that jazz things get complicated. Its better to just come out and say it. xo JANA

by HPchik95 on 10/28/2008 4:10:01 PM

** Furlur Fan **

so sorry. but about that. I nice low colour dress or skirt with blousee and just be quite and polite thats about it my mom died last years so i felt the same as you and it really isn't that hard promise Smile xoxo Samantha Smile

by mirandasbiggestfan on 10/27/2008 8:37:55 PM

erggg i no about no privacy like my brother always bugs me

by celebgirly on 10/27/2008 8:29:54 PM

MOD
so today we had an hour long talk about bullying at are school. yet right after the talk someone throws some stuffed animal thing at me, and then kept on doing it trying to get me mad, because of ricidulous rumors saying i have anger problems! it seems like the more teachers talk about these kind of things the more people make fun of you. i hate how people tick me of all the time and then think its funny that im mad. do you think i should tell someone? i hate telling people things because i feel like a total loser.

Hey girl!

I think you should tell someone.

<3 Brianna

by sk8xoxo94 on 10/27/2008 6:58:44 PM

i have the same problem. My rents won't let me date. but i know they want the best 4 me. but it still sucks.

by Nessa91 on 10/27/2008 6:45:53 PM

your dad's just trying to help

by Dadumdums on 10/27/2008 6:26:31 PM

ads04-
see if you could work something out where you chill at your dads for a while, then head over to your moms to stay for the night. the only problem that doesnt solve is the size issue. you want to invite 8, but your moms can only hold 5. but wait! there could be a solution. make a list of all your friends. chose your best friends, the ones you want to stay for the night. your other friends could come for the evening. its not perfect, and that situation doesnt sound fun, but your birthday should be!

by _m0nkeyz on 10/27/2008 4:22:55 PM

DumbBlonde07458- you have a few options.
1) go for the secret crush thing. admire from afar.
2) drop hints that you like him. hang out with them when you see him. smile at him...whatever
3)tell him. just go up to him and say it.
4) wait a while. see what happens. maybe he likes you too, and he will ask YOU out. you never know Smile
good luck :-D

by _m0nkeyz on 10/27/2008 4:17:12 PM

~~Furler Fan-
im so sorry about your grandpa! it must be hard for you. you probably want to wear a black skirt and shirt or a black dress with black shoes. NO jeans, sneakers or t-shirts. dont do a lot of makeup but if you want to do some then not a lot. at the funeral, be polite. use common sense. say please and thank you. sit up straight. i dont know what the crowd will be like at this funeral, but if you find yourself in a conversation with somebody whos really old, you might not want to use the smile and nod method since its a funeral. well, good luck! and sorry about your grandpa

by _m0nkeyz on 10/27/2008 4:12:33 PM

DumbBlonde07458 i say try to like someone else

by music lover on 10/26/2008 8:35:13 PM

Mod I like my bro's best friend but he's younger and has a gf.
what should I do?

Hey girly, it's totally normal to have crushes. And it's even okay to have crushes on people who are in relationships. The important thing is not to get involved with someone who is in a relationship. You wouldn't want someone trying to flirt with your BF, so it's important to respect other people's relationships and not try to move in on someone else's BF. Us girls have to stick together after all. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by DumbBlonde07458 on 10/26/2008 8:27:40 PM

MOD AND GURLZ I REALLY NEED YOU 2 ANSWER THIS!!!!!
my grandpa died last night and the funeral is on friday (halloween :-\) anyhoo i need to know what is acceptable to wear and how to act. PLZ PLZ PLZ I REALLY NEED YOU TO ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I know having someone pass away is really tough. What you should wear kind of depends on the funeral. Some people prefer funerals with bright colors to try to keep the gathering less sad to celebrate the person's life. Most prefer that you wear something simple in a dark color to represent mourning. You could wear a black dress, pants, skirt, or blouse with another basic dark color. If you don't have black, any dark color would be fine. Some other funerals don't have a preference for clothing. Just make sure that whatever you pick is modest and apropriate. Ask a parent about your outfit if you are unsure. As for how to act, there are no specific rules. If you are feeling sad, its okay to cry or be upset. If you want to talk about the happy times you two had together, it's okay to smile and enjoy the memory.  Good luck at the funeral and we at GL will be thinking of you.

Lauren I.

by Furler Fan on 10/26/2008 8:09:27 PM

hey i know what you mean but yeah just do what she said and pretend you underand thats what i do. lol.

Hey look at my profile and leave a comment!

by bandgeek1194 on 10/26/2008 6:48:24 PM

***ANNEMARIE***

I'm wondering if you can test my advice skills?? give me a senario and I'll give you an answer Smile thanx xoxo Smile Tong

by mirandasbiggestfan on 10/26/2008 5:20:41 PM

*****MOD*****
srry this is so long but i really need help.
OK so i have this problem. my birthday is coming up and and i always have my birhtday parties at my moms house (my rents our divorced) but this year i want to have it at my dads house. i asked my dad and he said i could also have one at his but that would mean having 2 parties and i dont really want that- i mean whats the point. i know this is really important to my mom and whenever i try 2 talk to her she ends up yelling at me 4 somthing and i dont want to hurt her feelings. the reason i want to is cuz my dads house is bigger and i would b able to invite more of my friends since my moms house is to small so i can only invite like 4 or 5 ppl but i want to invite like eight or nine.
my dad also has a hottub and he always lets us just do our thing and would probly go in his room 4 alot of the night.i really dont know how to tell my mom. i really dont want to hurt her feelings cuz things like that r really important to her.
(srry its so long)
please help.
thanks in advance

by ads04 on 10/26/2008 5:02:36 PM

MOD!! Ok I want to go on a foreign exchange trip to Spain next year but my Dad is totally protective and I have to find a way to let him let me go! I'm paying for half of it, I'm learning Spanish but he thinks I'm too young even though I'll be 15 at the time! How can I convince him? He won't let go of his so called 'baby girl'. Thanks in advance!

Hey Girl, have a talk with him and let him know how mature you are why it would be a greaat experience for you, also let him know you wall talk to him everyday either online or calling him . *Cara T*

by hazel_hottie on 10/26/2008 2:51:22 PM

MOD please I really hate galsses (on me). I have had glasses since 3rd grade and I am in 8th. I have been saving up for contacts. I have enough money to get them really soon, but my parents never want to talk about it. What should I do? Thanks, ~K

Hey Girl, next time you go to your eye doctor just let them know instead that your ready for contacts and see if he will give them to you. *Cara T*

by sparklestar4ever12 on 10/26/2008 2:14:07 PM

Mod
My profile is being approved but my pic isnt showing up. Why isnt my pic showing up?

Hey there babes, your avatar will not show up till your entire profile has been approved by us mods. xo Annemarie

by swimmergirl1627 on 10/26/2008 12:50:33 PM

*** ALL GIRLIES ***

Hey girlies my name is samantha!! and my passion is giving adviceSmile I want all you gals to know that I wanna help you out with any issues you might be havin Smile The only problem is my profile isn't working. Don't worry though because I have a plan. all you have to do is go to the ask lucky page and go to the acne issues section. Type my Name in big letters at the top of the page likethis **SAMANTHA** just like you would for the mods. Then all you do is spill. I hope to be of help xoxoxoxox Samantha Smile Tong

by mirandasbiggestfan on 10/26/2008 12:05:42 PM

I don't know.... I just think my dad's out to get me!

by Lexy5 on 10/26/2008 11:03:41 AM

I so wish I could offer some great advice. Unfortunately since I’m not an expert on the matter, I don’t want to point you in the wrong direction. Try having a chat with the good old ‘rents. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to help you get things squared away. ♥, Your Blog Patrol Babes

by cherrysweet68 on 10/25/2008 10:41:52 PM

Hey guys come check out my profile. I wan't to try to get 50 comments.

by lcarter90 on 10/25/2008 9:37:05 PM

MOD I want to lose weight on my calves, any advice? Thanks. <3

“Hey babe. Rules are a little different on G-Life than on the G-Blog – in order to keep G-Life running quickly and smoothly (and because we’re not doctors and don’t want to give you any advice without taking some time to do a little research first), moderators will not be responding to comments or answering questions unless absolutely necessary. If you have a question that needs expert help, please submit it to Healthy You Q’s <http://girlslife.com/g-life/?p=18>  or e-mail HealthyYouQs@girlslife.com! Thanks for understanding!”

by MunkQoo on 10/25/2008 9:23:34 PM

my mom drives me CARAZY but is still luv her.deep down-sometimes WAY deep down-your parents luv u and want the best 4 u but sometimes they don't know wat that is...LOL!

by girlytomboy22 on 10/25/2008 7:02:34 PM

**********MOD*********** Okay so i like my bf, but latley im starting to like my exbf. my exbf really likes me to. wat should i do? SmileSmileSmile

hey Girl, you need to really figure out who you like more and then decide who to go for. *Cara T*

by ressecup12 on 10/25/2008 3:32:48 PM

okay so i likee my bf, but im starting to like my ex. and my ex really likes me. wat should i do? SmileSmileSmile

by ressecup12 on 10/25/2008 3:31:31 PM

MOD!!!! ok this stuck-up girl is having a party, and it would be soo fun to ruin the party somehow, but that would be mean, but she is mean so she deserves it?!?!?! idk wat to do!

Hey Girl, be the bigger person, i dont think you should do anything, your better then that. *Cara T*

by chicken-girl on 10/25/2008 2:34:00 PM

I think the reason y ur dad has so many rules is because he loves u and cause he doesn't want anything bad happen to u

by music lover on 10/25/2008 2:29:45 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHENEVER MY DAD SAYS SOMETHING I SAY OK, OR GOT IT, AND HE SAYS, DON'T TALK BACH TO ME! Then I say, OK, Im sorry and he tells me to stop talking so I say sorry b/c I cant help it then he gets mad at me and tells me to go to my room! What do I do?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey Girl, try talking to him about it, just calmly ask your dad if you can talk and ask him what can you do to make him less mad and then explain how it makes you feel when he talks to you like that and that your not trying to upset him, he might be really stressed or have things on his mind which may be why he snaps sometimes. *Cara T*

by 820Alison on 10/25/2008 1:16:21 PM

My dad can be pretty strict too!

by lovebug_77 on 10/25/2008 12:47:21 PM

*MOD* help! me and my dad are real cool, but once he drops me off at school in the morning, he likes to shout embarrassing things out of the car window! My principal just looks at me with a weird look. How can i get my dad to stop?

by NYCLuv14 on 10/25/2008 12:18:33 PM

check

out

my

profile

and

pleez!!!!!

by coca08 on 10/25/2008 11:52:41 AM

pegasusgirl57,

1. hmm... that might be kinda cool!!!!! especially since its halloween!

2. u say ur only 12 so chillax. u have YEARS before u need to worry about it. i want to do all that stuff 2 and my mom says ill probably figure it out in college

3. if u really want it, ur gonna have to ask. if ur mom says no, u can still work out!!!

by coca08 on 10/25/2008 11:50:49 AM

MOD I found out my bgf likes me but he recently said he didnt. everyone including me thinks its so obvious that he still does!! he has been crabby lately and never wants to talk to me!! i feel rlly hurt!! i miss him the way he used to be. What should i do!!?? HOw do i get things back to normal!?? plz help!!

Hey babe,
   You will never know unless you ask. Go talk to him and try to save the friendship. Ask to see if he's okay and how you miss how everything used to be. Take a chance<3 Sherryn D.

by someswimmer on 10/25/2008 11:49:55 AM

pegasusgirl57

If theirs a picture of one on the package look at it for some make up tips maybe i'm no mod but i bet it would work and for hair I think they usually wear them in buns or something thats what i usually see on packaging

by basketballchic on 10/25/2008 10:57:07 AM

MOD
I know you guys get asked this a ton and its been on the website millions of times but, how can i stop my palms from sweating so much? i get nervous once in a while and thats when it starts happening. it also just happens wen im not so nervous. I'm afraid of holding hands with a guy and then they get grossed out. HELP! thanx

by xdont_forgetx on 10/25/2008 10:56:43 AM

I feel that way too somtimes.

by FloridaBeachBum on 10/25/2008 10:32:02 AM

It sounds like you might be going through a phase...

by BasketballGirl on 10/25/2008 9:21:48 AM

parents are always like that but they only wanna help

by hazelsmadcandyflosshair on 10/25/2008 7:00:47 AM

***************Mod***************
I have 2 Halloween costumes of the same thing- a Geisha (a Japanese woman). One of them is a Chinese kimono/robe from the thrift store I got for only $10, and the other is an authentic Japanese one I ordered off EBay (actually my mom did for me) for the same price as the one in Target! I need tips on hair and makeup? Could I change the outfit a bit to make it a punk Geisha or something unusual??

*************Mod****************
Sorry, but I have another question again. When I grow up, I want to be a dancer, actress, singer, and chef,fashion designer, and writer. Basically a do-it-all star, like Sabrina Bryan or Hilary duff. I need help!!!

*****************Mod****************
Sorry but again I have a question. This is the one I want answered most. I am 4 foot 8 inches, and 12 years old. I weigh 150 pounds. I need help. I want to get a doctors appointment (my family doesn't go to them because my parents say they are a waste of money), but I am too embarrassed to ask my mom for one, because I am scared she will say no. There are so many questions only a doctor can help with, and I need to get this weight off before I die of a heart attack (in a while I might). Please, please help me!!!!! How can I lose weight, or at the most important, how can I be brave enough to ask for an appointment with the doctor?

by pegasusgirl57 on 10/25/2008 12:28:47 AM

mod please help
okay well my sister left for collage this year and we where really really close and i feel lost with out her she was like my second mother pretty much i could talk to her about anything and she trusted me and didn't treat me like a baby. and to make matters worst i have one other sister and i love her alot too but i dont think she loves me that much she always says how annyoing i am and calls me a pig and says im weird and makes fun of me cause i talk alot , and my mom just like laughs along and she never grounds her!

Hey girly, your sister might have gone away to college but she's still your sister and you can still be close. You can call her, send her an email, text, skype and send letters and packages back and forth. Even though she might be busy sometimes with homework and school, remember that she still cares about even when you're not able to talk. As for your other sister, try talking to her. Even though it doesn't always seem like it, I'm positive that your sister cares about you. Why don't you sit down with her and tell her how you feel. State it calmly and she'll be more likely to hear and understand. Say something like, "it hurts my feelings when you say ...." or "when you say that to me, I feel...." After calmly state your feelings, she'll be more likely to listen and stop saying these hurtful things. Good luck, babe!

Lauren I.

by annaclare on 10/24/2008 10:42:47 PM

********MOD PLZZZ HELP*************
ok; this is really like; awkkwardd; but i have masterbated a few times and i enjoy it. is this a bad thing? i always feel ashamed of myself when i do it, but yet it is very pleasing. help pleasee. i cannot talk to anyone about this; nobody knows i do this. help.

by hawknelsonx3 on 10/24/2008 10:24:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
plz help!!

by someswimmer on 10/24/2008 10:20:59 PM

omg! i feel the same way with my parents! (mainly my dad!!!)

by novemberbaby164 on 10/24/2008 10:19:51 PM

mod...
this girl at my school just told me that she wants to kill herself. what should I do? she has a history of wanting attention and telling lies but what if this isn't one of those times?
she also cuts herself...
what should i do?

Hey babes, I can only imagine how tough things are for you to deal with this stuff. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc. ♥, Your Blog Patrol Babes

by ktsinger on 10/24/2008 8:52:44 PM

MOD!
this guy ive been going out with just asked me to go to the movies. im afraid its going to b awkward and i dont think my rents will let me go with just one a guy. a group will b okay. how can i tell him i dnt want to go. or should just tel him i cant go becuz of my rents and go as a group some other time?

Hey babes, just fill your boy in on the fact that your 'rents would prefer a group date. Then, invite a bunch of your coolest buds and let the good times roll. Have fun! xo Annemarie

by xosbgurlxo on 10/24/2008 7:37:11 PM

Those were just a few of my problems. Also, my room needs a major makeover, and I need to lose 65 pounds.

by pegasusgirl57 on 10/24/2008 7:22:22 PM

I have so many strict rules to stay under form my parents. My bedtime is 9, but if I'm down for in the morning (even on the weekends I get to stay up until 9:30. Once I GO UPSTAIRS AT NIGHT, I AM NOT ALOUD TO COME BACK DOWN FOR ANY REASON. mY PARENTS GET MAD AT ME IF i GO TO THE BATHROOM AFTER 9;30, EVEN IF i OPEN MY DOOR. aT NIGHT i CANNOT GET TO SLEEP BECAUSE ETHE TV IS SO LOUD DOWNSTAIRS AND MY PARENTS REFUSE TO TURN IT DOWN. MY PARENTS NEVER BUY ME ANYTHING, NOT EVEN SOAP OR A BOOK TO READ, EVEN FOR SCHOOL (NOT EVEN A NOTEBOOK). my MUM ALSO Wants to control everything I eat and do. She won't let me see friends after school on school days, and she makes me eat dinner at 5. She even gets mad at me if I say "oh well" She has all these rules for me but she lets me watch rated r movies and have soda all the time. She does buy my clothes and movie tickets though.

by pegasusgirl57 on 10/24/2008 7:21:42 PM

I kno!!! I'm in the same sitch! My parents have all these stupid rules! I'm not allowed to do anything but then they make me do a bunch of stuff for them. Its not fair! We should have a say in our life!

by jbluvr24 on 10/24/2008 6:42:00 PM

hey mod? i signed up for the GL news to send 2 my email, but i haven't gotten it yet!!! is it coming?

Hey girl, it takes a day or so for these forms to go through. If you don't get anything tomorrow, let us know again, okay? xo Annemarie

by megabegabyte on 10/24/2008 6:35:27 PM

i am always being told what to do. i am so used to it. i do backtalk when i am really moody tho. =)

by singerluv4me on 10/24/2008 6:27:47 PM

I'll remember that the next time my parents tells me the rules. It's so hard not to talk back sometimes, I usually can't help it especially with my parents. ><

by MunkQoo on 10/24/2008 5:24:57 PM