6 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

9 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

10 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

Babysitting for Beginners!

Wanna start looking after little ones but not sure how to break into the babysitting biz? GL babe and babysitting pro Katie Shutt gives you the 411 on how to kick-start your sitting services.

I am babysitting two girls for a week. They are six and eight years old and the way I'm getting paid is that both me and her daughters go to French school so we finish a week before English schools and in our area there are no camps that week so the mom said that she would be paying 50$ a day for camps so I'm getting 50$ a day so after that week I will have 250$ which is pretty good.

by *~*Sarah*~* on 5/22/2013 10:59:01 PM

Hey, i'm 12 and I've convinced my parents to let me start babysitting and they're fine with it, but I have no-one to babysit. Most of my parents friends don't have kids, and they say fliers wouldn't work as most strangers don't want a babysitter they don't know. Can you pleaseee help me?!

by umyeahthatsme on 12/22/2012 8:16:18 AM

i am 12 years old and i have a baby sister age 3 my mom has school 8:00am to 2-5pm and her boyfriend has work occasionally

how can i get my mom to let me babysit my sister for money

we live in apartments and how could i get her to let me put up some fliers for babysitting and i could have them brimg the kid over instead pf going there (safer) ??

by Lover_2299 on 7/22/2012 9:26:08 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I want to get into the babysitting biz but what
would be the best way of transportation? I'm nervous to ask mom or dad because they don't really like to just drive places when I need something small or picking up a friend. I don't mind walking if it's say, a couple blocks or houses away... Also, what do you think a reasonable price would be per hour?

Hey girl. Try biking or asking your parents nicely (emphasize that it is safer if they drive you). When I baby sat I was paid 5-6 dollars an hour, but I am not sure about what girls are paid now. Sarah, another intern here says, that she was paid minimum wage.

mary h.

by minkymouse on 7/25/2011 4:28:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I had a one babysitting job and I thought it went pretty well, but I never got called back. Instead now my bff is babysitting for them almost everyday. Even when she went on vacation for a month, they still didn't get me. Now I hardly get any jobs. Am I a bad babysitter? I love kids, and we had so much fun but I don't know what I did wrong.
How can I get more jobs? There's not many kids around here and I would really like some more work. PLEASE HELP ME!

hey! you probably did fine, just focus on meeting more people to work for, ask your mom or dad to ask around for you too Smile
Helen S.

by honeycakes on 1/22/2011 2:01:51 PM

This is SO helpful for beginners

by solar8 on 11/27/2010 1:08:57 PM

mod mod mod
i want to start babysitting my little brothers(i have 3),but i don't thing my mom will let me really babysit (sometimes i watch my brothers while my dad runs to do a quick errand, but thats it) for several reasons
1.im only eleven
2.i don't have a cell phone and we don't have a home phone
3.she is really protective

Hey girlie, I understand why she would be hesitant, especially since you're so young and you don't have any way to reach her if there's an emergency. Just prove that you're responsible in the little bit of time that you do get to watch them and see if she'll change her mind.

Lauren T.

by isyrocks on 11/26/2010 11:02:50 PM

im 11 and i babysit my sis sometimes an d iw ant to start babysitting but ami to young. Also yes i do cook and i know have to take care of younger children from hanging around ;ittle cousins.

by Aaryn on 11/14/2010 5:19:24 PM

How much should I ask for I don't know what's a good price for my babysitting

by minicocounut on 11/10/2010 9:08:45 PM

Hi I need help my mom is not really supporting me I really want to get some extra cash so I can buy my own laptop but my mom says shes not sure she knows I love kids and enjoy the resposibility of a kid but IDK what to tell my parents so they let me do this job.

by minicocounut on 11/10/2010 7:41:11 PM