6 HOURS AGO Setting the alarm to wake up for school tomorrow *crying a little inside*

6 HOURS AGO BTS shopping already done? We know a true fashionista is never REALLY done shopping, especially for fall!: http://t.co/aoMznFbTBq

8 HOURS AGO Favorite if you put off your homework until last minute on sunday! #Procrastinator #AndIllDoItAgain

COMMENTS

Babysitting for Beginners!

Wanna start looking after little ones but not sure how to break into the babysitting biz? GL babe and babysitting pro Katie Shutt gives you the 411 on how to kick-start your sitting services.

mod mod mod i want to get a job . where i can by this really cut dress . my rents wont by it beacuse . the have to pay 300 a month on my school tuest . plz help !

Hey girl, try doin odd jobs around your neighborhood like babysitting and mowing lawns.
Brittany B.

by dray7999 on 7/27/2010 10:31:28 AM

MOD
my mom is concerned with me babysitting. i've been a mother's helper b4 and wuz really good at it. my friends and family dont really hav kids... im 12 and the only ppl i know who hav kids i could babysit 4 hav a new born and another person who has 3 kids, a 1 yr old, a 5 yr old, and a 9 yr old. what should i do? should i just start babysitting in my neiborhood or take the job with 3 kids?

Hey girlie, I think it depends on how comfortable you feel with the kids and how comfortable their parents feel with you babysitting them! But you could also try babysitting the kids in your neighborhood.
Alissa S.

by biebergal36 on 7/26/2010 2:43:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm almost 12 (on August 16) and I was wondering is that too young to babysit? And also if I was asked for how much I wanted to be paid, what would be a reasonable answer? THANKS!!!!!!

Happy (almost) birthday! If you are babysitting kids who are 5-6, it sounds like you are the perfect age! But you want to make sure you are babysitting kids who you can handle, but also knowing that they will take you seriously! You wouldn't want to babysit someone who was 10, because they probably would consider you more of a friend.  Also, how much you get paid depends on how many kids there are!
Katie R.

by nobody25 on 7/23/2010 1:15:09 PM

I want to start babysitting. I just have to prove i can keep my grades up im going to probably start like when school starts! I wanr to baby sit. If anyone lives in alabama. Where I can email you. ***************

Hey girlie, we're not allowed to give out our email addresses on GL!
Brittany B.

by maleyarae on 7/22/2010 1:23:55 PM

I have a family and i really love watching their kids while the parents work around the house. They havent started paying me yet but i kinda want to start taking care off them on my own when the parents are gone. How can i make sure that they dont think that they dont have to pay me?
-Sarah

by cheerleading1882 on 7/22/2010 12:22:30 PM

When you babysit you shouldn't bring your cell phone. The parents won't like that you were talking to yuor friends all night instead of watching the kids. Yesterday I watched a little baby for nine hours, you think its easy but it isn't. You have to constantly keep an eye on them so they don't put anything in their mouth or they don't go near the stairs.

by ambersgirl on 7/22/2010 9:13:03 AM

Mod
I have two questions.
1: I really want to babysit but I'm turning 13 in September and there isn't a lot of kids on my block. I'm kind of concerned that when I become a babysitter, I'll have no clients! What should I do?
2: My second questions is: What supplies should I get for babysitting? I have a binder, dividers, calculator, pencil and eraser, and a store-bought first-aid kit. What else do I need?
Please answer! Thanks!

Hey babe! Try babysitting for family-friends first! Or try being a mothers helper, where you can babysit, while the mother is in the house, doing chores/errands, etc.  Babysitting doesn't really require a binder or anything! It just requires a lot of playing, the willingness to want to play games and have fun with the kids.  The biggest thing is to have phone numbers from the parent, in order to contact them if anything goes wrong or if you're having trouble with the kids misbehaving.  Also, if it's a baby you may be required to change diapers.
Megan R.

by Faith265 on 7/21/2010 7:18:52 PM

Mod
i got my first babysitting job tomorrow, and i'm super nervous. The kids i'm babysitting are 9 and 6. We know them super well, but the 6 year old it difficult. She also has multiple food allergies. Luckily, my mom talked to their mom, and she said that there are no foods in the house that will casue a reaction. I'm just nervous, and i cant really say why i am, but i don'twant to cancel on them.
How can i calm my nerves?

Hey girl once you're there and playing with the kids you will get the hang of it!  Babysitting is awesome since you get to play with the kids and act like you're their age again!
Brittany B.

by haleyhay3 on 7/20/2010 12:34:59 PM

I have a family to sit for but they live in the country and one of my friends is their neibors and the little girl told me that she is going to be watching them. The problem is that the one time they asked me i was going to be on vacation. The mom is a preschool teacher and the dad is my princable so they usually don't need a babysitter. But anyway i think she is is trying to steal my job but the one thing is that REALLY bugs me is that she can't even get her homework done on time let alone 4 soon to be 5 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!! what should i do???

Hey babe I think you should talk to your friend.  She may not have been trying to steal your job.  Maybe the fam's parents want a babysitter that lives closer to them for emergency reasons and asked her.  But keep looking for more families and then losing 1 job won't matter as much!
Brittany B.

by pai1098 on 7/20/2010 11:23:42 AM

Hey,
I can give you advice on ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!!!! I know what its like to be your own best friend, have parents who don't understand, be adopted, be in a foster home, be in love, being confused, or just need advice on what to do tomorrow. Just leave me a comment on my profile and ill answer A.S.A.P.!!!!!
Talk to you soon!!!