13 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

15 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

16 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

DIY Lip Gloss

Babysitting for a bunch of little girls? They’ll love this craft idea because they can create a lip glass in their fave flavor. Things You’ll Need: ...

MOD! What is vegtable shortening? And is there an alternative for that in this recipe? PLEASE ANSWER! Thanks Mod!

Hey girl, vegetable shortening is a cooking ingredient. You can substitute it with butter.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by PartyHat on 8/23/2010 10:33:56 PM

This reminds me of a time.... Well, I was visiting my sister once and there's this little girl who lives with her and we were opening Christmas presents. Then she tried some of my lip gloss I got, and she put like five glossy layers on. The adults were like, "that's too much!"

LOL. It was so cute though. She was like 4-5.

by FrenchMani<3 on 4/9/2010 1:06:04 PM

Cool Recipe!
1) Get waffle pretzles or regular pretzles, m&m's, and hershey kisses @ the store.
2) Place as many pretzles on a cookie tray as you want.
3)Unwrap the same # of hershey kisses as pretzles and place one hershey kiss on top of each pretzle.
4) Put them in the oven (set 2 the default, normally 350 degrees F) for 20-25 seconds or until the hershey kisses are melty enough to hold their shape but can have something pressed in2 them.
5) Press an m&m in2 the top of each hershey kiss, let them cool until the hershey kisses are hard again.
VIOLA! They are ready 2 eat!

by ellsburygirl46 on 3/14/2010 1:52:31 PM

This is cool if I sit for older girls. I'm still pretty young so I may not get anyone older.

by sportygirl811 on 2/20/2010 4:56:15 PM

Feel like you cant express yourself to these columns? ** **
** **
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *

Dont know how to word it?
Come to my profile at
sarahs advice Laughing
and leave ur messages!
I'll not only give FANTASTIC advice, but hold contests
once in awhile, so stay tuned!

Thanks!
sarahs advice Laughing

by sarahs advice :D on 2/5/2010 11:56:21 PM

i am so doing this!!! ...well after i get some honey...and vegtable shortening... and kool aid... lol!

by 28PuppyPaws on 1/27/2010 1:48:27 PM

Oooh sounds like fun! lol just gotta get some honey and vegetable shortening

*ch3y*

Hey girlies um so I'm new to GL and wanted some comments on my profile? and some friendzz? so check out my profile and chatt it up!

by geomio on 1/21/2010 9:41:59 PM

This is a great idea!!!

I've found for little girls, they really love this.

For little boys, they sorta find it repulsive. So then what I do is a get a pack of blue and green kool-aid and swirl it together near the end of the solidifying process and say it's "Man-Power". Or if it's a extra gross little boy, I do a dark red and say its blood.

Works every time!

by CuteAndClassic on 1/17/2010 4:50:04 PM

oh imma make my own!!!!!!!!!!! no more buying lip gloss

by iamtraceswife on 1/16/2010 6:05:56 PM

i know what im doin on sat.

by danamay99 on 1/14/2010 7:54:36 PM

Cool i think i might try that for myself

by danamay99 on 1/14/2010 6:10:16 PM

it worked the kids i tryed it on loved it(one of them was a 11 year old boy!!!!)

by catsruledog on 1/11/2010 2:33:25 PM

HEY GIRLIES!!!!!!!!! check out my profile and leaves LOTS OF COMMENTS! i give great advice so ask me any questions!

by volleyballbabe23 on 8/21/2009 10:07:55 PM

thanks MOD!

by volleyballbabe23 on 7/6/2009 10:55:37 PM

*MOD MOD MOD*
I am babysitting tomorrow for a 10 yr old girl and a 4 yr old boy. What are some fun things that they can both do together?? And please do not tell me to go to the babysitting link on GL because i have read all of those articles! I need some ideas!!

Hey babe, I like playing outside games like chalk and tag or hide-and-go-seek. Chilling out with a movie you all might like (Finding Nemo is a good one) is also a good idea.
katelin s.

by volleyballbabe23 on 7/6/2009 10:44:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD are there any other things you can store the lip gloss in?

Hey girl,

You can always go to an arts and crafts store for one, or even re-use an old empty one.

Mel

Melany T.

by volleyballbabe23 on 7/5/2009 9:34:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD why don't mods ever answer my questions??

Hey girl,

Sorry, but the MODs stay pretty busy. But we promise to get to your questions!

Mel

Melany T.

by volleyballbabe23 on 7/5/2009 9:29:57 PM

if i do it i have to ask their parents first...

by icek8girl77 on 7/3/2009 10:23:53 PM

****mod**** can i had a lil bit of red food coloring to the shorting to make it a bit more pink?

Hey girl! Sure, it's up to you!

Jess H.

by ndlsfun621 on 4/14/2009 5:41:46 PM

This sounds like fun! i think ill do it with my lil sis when my rents go on a date!

by ndlsfun621 on 4/14/2009 5:29:12 PM

Awesome! Thanx!

by hyperpuppy on 4/2/2009 6:31:41 PM

*Mod* I was wondering about a couple of things for this article. First, what kind of lipgloss is it? Like the kind in a tube that is goey or the kind in the little tubs? Second, about how much lipgloss does this recipe make? thnx 4 the help!

Hey girl,

This lip gloss formula will most likely give you the ones in little tubs that are solid rather than goey. Also it should make about an average size lip gloss tub.

Hearts, Jean

Jeannie L.

by hyperpuppy on 4/2/2009 3:19:45 PM

has anyone tryed this yet? does it work?

by dropdeadgorgeous on 3/28/2009 10:02:44 PM

Perfect! I have a day off today, so I am doing all the DIY activites!

by chatterbox19067 on 3/27/2009 11:56:44 AM

AWSOME I WILL SO USE THAT!!!!! Would pink lemonade or something not as red work for little kids???

by sparklejessi on 3/17/2009 9:43:08 PM

it's a cute idea but you need to try it at home first before you try it with kids

by Kate12 on 3/14/2009 5:44:23 PM

cool stuff!!!!!!!!! can you use different colors?i bet the girls I baby sit would love this !!!!!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL CHECK OUT MY PROFILE AND GIVE ME ADVICE!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by kas8897 on 3/12/2009 7:31:39 PM

whoa! i didn't know that was possible.

by hyperpuppy on 3/8/2009 2:49:59 PM

wow i hope this works!!!!! Laughing

by luvlots on 3/8/2009 12:40:02 AM

first comment!
cute idea!
i think ill try it at home tho

<3sparkle<3