7 HOURS AGO Who else is *so* ready for #Thanksgiving tomorrow? This is a sneak peek of us in like fourteen hours:

8 HOURS AGO We're thankful for our family + friends... and @taylorswift13. Who are you grateful for?

9 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! Has your crush noticed you?

Pump Up Your Pay

Think you deserve more moolah? Here are some ways to really get a raise. Have a negotiable baby sitting rate Adjust your rates depending on the...

mod-i have to babysit a 7 year old and a 9 year old. how much do u think i should charge?

Hey girl, if you're unsure what to charge, you can always have the parent set the price. A good standard rate to go by is $7 an hour, but depending on the number and age of kids, this could go up or down. Hope this helps, girl--remember, choose a price that's fair to the 'rents.

Alyssa B.

by kevin on 8/20/2009 1:12:13 PM

help! I just got new neighbors next door and the kids a brat! she is 5 (and potty trained) but went to the bathroom on the carpet, and my shoes! she spit chips all over me and the house, screams, and has some bad language( this 5 year old knows the f word!) please help me!

by crazydaisey82 on 8/18/2009 1:51:42 AM

sorry, but i have an-off-topic question.
How long does it take for my comments to show up?

Hey girl, that depends on how many questions I have to mod, how long your question is, how long others' questions are, internet connection speed, etc. There are many factors to consider. <3 Jeannie
Jeannie L.

by dina22464 on 8/16/2009 7:36:13 PM

I loved the advice!!!!

by Livi Jonas928 on 8/16/2009 8:47:40 AM

I have a babysitting course tommorow and so when I start babysitting or doing mother's helper and the rent's asked how much money I want an hour or just how I want after watching the kid(s)what should I say????

Hey girl, the common pay for babysitting can be anywhere between five and fifteen dollars an hour - it all really depends on the family, your duties, your skills, and how long you'll be watching the kids. A good place to start would be between five and seven dollars an hour. Don't be shy to ask them what they would like to pay you if you aren't completely sure.

xox Alexa
alexa e.

by Livi Jonas928 on 8/16/2009 8:46:55 AM

every summer i watch my family friends pets.which is a bets fish, a turtle, a bird, and a dog. i only have to go twice a day. so that is a total of 14 times. and they pay me $100 dollars. every year.

by trackstar13 on 8/13/2009 4:53:03 PM

I am 12 and I started babysitting about a year ago. I usually get $5 an hour for two boys that I watch. Do you think that's a fair price? If not what do you think is?
Thanks so much, I think mods are great!

Hey babe, I guess it depends on your responsibilities and how many hours you're there. Talk to your family and other friends who babysit to see what the going rate in your town is. Don't be afraid to ask for a raise if you feel like you need one. You're the one giving them a service so don't forget that!
katelin s.

by chesterkona on 8/10/2009 10:17:48 PM

if you feel like you can handle it and that you are prepared i would probably say ya.

by mimishumidude on 8/6/2009 9:22:58 PM

is it ok to babysit ur next door neighbor if ur 11?

by soccerlover557 on 8/3/2009 4:07:00 PM

I also have a problem!
Ok I babysit a 2 year old for 8 hours every friday during the summer.
I only get paid $25 every friday and that is so not enough!!
And the little boy is such a handful!

by bailey.thomas12 on 7/30/2009 1:46:51 AM

Bump Up Your Babysitting Biz

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!