AN HOUR AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

2 HOURS AGO So you wanna start shaving? Here's how to talk to your 'rents about it: http://t.co/87ujES5HS2

3 HOURS AGO Sleep easy: 5 tips to kick your night owl habits for good: http://t.co/xh0ax2dZEE

COMMENTS

Pump Up Your Pay

Think you deserve more moolah? Here are some ways to really get a raise. Have a negotiable baby sitting rate Adjust your rates depending on the...

MOD. i just started babysitting (i wanted to take all the classes and stuff,,, it took forevvvvver) and one of my clients gives me 10 $ an hour,,, not kidding. Yesterday i sat for 6 and she gave me 70$ i told her that wasn't nesseery but she insisted... i usealy charge 2-5 $ per hr. what should i say,,,,, she does this all the time and her kid is a quite 9 month old who sleeps are the time

Hey Girl, 10$ is pretty much a standard rate now a days, and if the family insists dont worry, you did the right thing by saying it wasnt neccessary but just be grateful for it. *Cara T*

Cara T.

by 15scoulosv on 7/1/2009 9:25:58 PM

OMG! i really want to babysit some toddlers and i feel like i have the responsibility but my parents wont let me! help?

by carleighb on 6/30/2009 3:54:48 PM

I get 10 dollers an hr for three kids that are 6 and 6 (twins) and 8. I kinda feel like there paying me to much because the kids are really good and easy to handle and I would rather be able to babysit more for less than less for a little more $ because in the long run i would pry make more money and i dont mind babysitting. Whenever i try to tell her its to much she insist i keep it and i end up feeling bad because most of the time she really does need a babysiter. how should i tell her that i really dont need that much??? thank you.

by ladymohawk on 6/30/2009 3:34:59 PM

i might be babysitting for my first time with family (like 2nd or 3rd cousins) sometime soon. I think 1 is 2 yrs and i have almost no probs with her and she loves being around me. and a 4 year old?. what do you think i should charge if i do? i dont want to be greedy since it would be my first time babysitting for someone other than my little (now 5 yr old) bro. and it is family and i would love to keep sitting 4 them. HELP!!!

by lalaland15 on 6/28/2009 10:02:37 PM

MODmodMOD!!!
i have to babysit a 5-yr-old girl for 4 hours 3xs a week. how much should i get for 1hr?
thankxx Tong

Hey girl, it really depends on your experience. If you've done babysitting for a while and the parents know that you should be able to ask for $7-8. You also have to take into account what hours you're babysitting and how the child behaves. <3 Jeannie

Jeannie L.

by qtpie4ever on 6/27/2009 4:45:49 PM

***MOD***
I love babysitting and looking after kids and i have so much fun with them. The problem is i get kinda embaressed and shy around the parents. They know i do really good with the kids its just i suddenly get shy around them. What can i do? Please help.

Hey girl!

A lot of times, girls can struggle with talking to adults and can get embarrassed, and you're no different! Talking to adults is just something that will become easier with practice. However, you can work on it by practicing on your own parents by pretending that they're the parents of the kids you babysit for - practicing will make it easier for when it comes time to actually talk to the parents. Good luck!

<3 katy
katy j.

by supergrl1093 on 6/24/2009 3:19:53 PM

I always feel really awkward about like talking about pay and stuff and unless they bring it up, we don't talk about it and they usually just pay a pretty good amount at the end of the night(between $5-$10 depending on the times and stuff, if I did it in the middle of the day on a wednesday in the summer for only 2 hours while they were home just to keep them entertained, then only like $5ish per hour, but if it were for 5 hours babysitting three kids late at night, I would get paid like $8 or $10 for each hour the kid was awake then once they go to bed itd be less...usually the clients are pretty good about figuring it out and they tip sometimes too. I don't mind late nights and stuff but it gets tiring and I don't like to fall asleep because one time I did and I woke up to the kid next to me watching tv at 11:30!!! Good thing the parents weren't home.

by xodanielleox on 6/23/2009 5:33:55 PM

Mod***
Can i intern for gl? how old do i have to be? What do i have 2 do? thx!

Hey babe,

To intern at GL, you have to be in college and you have to go through an application process. It's a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun! Check out this page for more info:http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx.

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by abercrombie-gurl on 6/22/2009 4:41:35 PM

i get around $12 dollars an hour for babysitting twin2 year olds and the same for babysitting 2 girls in grade 2 and 4 Smile

by carina16 on 6/21/2009 6:09:34 PM

MOD****
Oops.... I 4 got my question
will u 4give me?????????
Smile

Hey babe,

Cara was just answering your questions about how you get to answer questions on the site (intern here), what to call the parents of the kids you babysit (by their last names) and how to deal with having to yell at misbehaving kids (just do it sometimes). I'm sure she forgives you for forgetting. ;)

xoxo Allie