1 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

2 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

3 HOURS AGO GL's top 20 fave nail polish colors: http://t.co/pM4hyH3vhw

COMMENTS

Pump Up Your Pay

Think you deserve more moolah? Here are some ways to really get a raise. Have a negotiable baby sitting rate Adjust your rates depending on the...

*MOD*MOD*MOD* I'm 13 and I want to start babysitting.My Mamaw works at a Daycare and I help her 2 days a week,but I don't get paid.She has kids anywhere from 1 month-2 years old.I would love to start babysitting for $$$$$ on like weekends and stuff,but I'm worried that people would think i'm too young. Am I??? I've babysat my 3 year old cousin since she was about 10 months old.(Again I don't get paid.)I love little kids and need a way to earn some cash.I know it won't be easy from watching 7 1 and 2 year olds at Daycare.My BFF likes to babysit to and I think we might do something together,but I need to know things like how much to charge and wether parents will trust us with their kids.I was also wondering if it would be okay for me to keep them at my house instead of going to theirs??? ThAnX!!! ~.PeAcE.l0vE.TeNoRs.~

Hey girl!  Since you're a little younger, you and your bff could try babysitting together.  Start off with one or two kids rather than a ton so things don't get out of control.  Parents are more likely to hire you if you are willing to go to their house because that is where their children will be most comfortable.  Also they will have the appropriate foods and toys there to keep the kids occupied.  Ask around your neighborhood and family friends for suggestions and advice!  good luck, Kristen

Kristen Y.

by HHSTenor19 on 6/18/2009 12:35:40 PM

Mod*** what does the word mod mean cuzz i know one means much on demand! And How do u ask a guy out when ur a girl( i'm kinda scared)?

Hey girlie,

To answer your first question, "Mod" means "Moderator," because our job is to moderate the comments made on the site, though I like your definition better! ;)

For your second question, there's no easy answer. You just have to be brave and do it! Remind yourself of all the reasons he should say "yes" so that you feel confident when you ask. Guys love confidence!! And remember, even if he says no, you are going to be so proud of yourself for being brave enough to ask!! Good luck!

xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by aperfecto_girlisntreal_andarealgirlisntperfecto on 6/16/2009 4:19:48 PM

abreconbie gurl if they really deserve it then yes but if it was a small thing gone wrong no but if they keep doing it than yes

by JADAPENSTATE111 on 6/9/2009 12:56:54 PM

i had thee worst babyitting job ever. my neighbors have 1 3year old son and they called me one morning frnatically looking for a babysitter for that night. i said yes. little did i know, they were throwing a party (theyre very young) and all their friends brought over their young kids, all between the ages of 1 and 7, too. so i thought i would be watching 1, when i was watching 7. they were partying upstairs and i had to keep the kids in the basement. oh, and guess what else? THEY ALL SPOKE SPANISH.and for a five hour, 7 child gig that i didnt even expect, i got paid $40. plus, one kid hit his head and wouldnt ssay anything for the rest of the night, so every1 thought he got like badly hurt. but i feel like i definitely deserve more money. next time they call, im busy (they did the same thing to my sister).

by rubberduckie405 on 6/8/2009 4:19:51 PM

Hey, i'm singing at the talent show 2, I have to sing in front of the guy i like and everytime i finish singing @ the rehersals he hugs me i like it but.. everyone there stares at me for a bit( even the teachers)and i get kinda nervous after that to go back to the next rehersal... what should I do ( i don't really wnt him 2 stop hugging me cuzz i like it!)

by lululemon_chick0112 on 6/5/2009 4:55:22 PM

MOD... im performing in my school's talent show soon. im singing, but i need a fun, clean, crowd pulling in rock song [or just any song :]] i was thinking of 'Are you gonna be my girl" by jet but i dont think so. do you have any advice??? thx! <3 R3b3kah 3l!zabeth

Hey girl, I absolutely love that song! I think it'll be a great song chocie if you're looking for something fun, upbeat, and school appropriate. Good luck with the talent show!
<3 Jeannie

Jeannie L.

by nicegurl on 6/3/2009 5:05:36 PM

MOD well, me and my sister are babysitting for ppl for the summer. i take one week and then my sis takes the next week, etc. well we get paid 25 buck a day for two kids for about 730-415. at the end of the week the person who is babysitting gets 125 bucks. is that a little cheep? my dad thinks it is. idk what to do. thanks for helping! Smile

I think that being paid $8/hour is fair. -lauren
Lauren H.

by FrenchHornPlayer1 on 5/30/2009 5:56:26 PM

i get $10 dollars and hr but most kids get more but i'm 12 until september.... but i live in a super wealthy community so i barely get anythin

by mtsnow12 on 5/28/2009 7:05:14 PM

lol yah, it wasnt hard! the kid fell asleep at like nine

by nicegurl on 5/27/2009 10:12:59 PM

MOD
one time i was staying with a friend, adn as we were getting readdy to go to a basketball game to watch a parent called her mom and was wondering if we could watch her three year old sun untill 12:30 am. we went adn got there at six, so we stayed for six-adn-a-half hours. when we left, we were paid $40... is that alot???
thx! <3 R3b3kah 3lizabeth

Hey girl,

It depends. That's about $6 per hour. Since you guys have to split it, that makes it about $3 per hour. It seems pretty reasonable, though, because it was 2 of you watching one kid (so the work wasn't as hard). Next time, though, clear up how much you're getting paid before you babysit!

xo Lisa